It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Cusack Movie Takes on War Profiteers!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I saw John Cusack on "Real Time" lastnight and I was pretty impressed with his statements. He really hit the nail on the head. People are so concerned with getting the troops out of Iraq but ,just like Cusack said on the show lastnight, many people are unaware that there are more contractors in Iraq than there are military soldiers.

He noted Jeremy Scahill's journalism and I have to agree. Because of Jeremy Scahill's efforts my eyes are now open to the truth in away. I saw Jeremy Scahill a while back on a talkshow on PBS. His statements were pretty shocking to say the least. He includes all of this in his book about Blackwater, but there are alot of interesting facts about blackwater and war profiteers that I never knew. He mentioned on the PBS show how Blackwater contractors were walking around in New Orleans before those people even got water.

It is shocking to me to really know that alot of people in our country are in denial about this. John Cusack talked on real time about the negative impact of the neocon movement and I agree with him in a way. Everyone is worried about when the troops are going to get back. It wouldn't happen overnight, but who do you know that is talking about how we are going to bring back the contractors? Especially when there are more contractors in Iraq than there are military soldiers. If the government pays these guys orders of magnitude over what the actual military soldiers make, how much is it really going to cost to bring them back? Wouldn't it cost more than what it would take to bring our military back?

Jeremy Scahill's investigative journalism is really important not just from a standpoint of letting the truth be known, but also because it is historic that the american public is finally finding out the truth about the dark-side of war-profiteering (at least those not in denial already, of which there are many). Deny ignorance indeed.

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
HE really articulates extremly well in this inteview, and says it in a way you cannot want to not listen. Outstanding yank! Keep it up you good guys, the rest of the world needs ye!

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
way to go JOHN! good luck getting thru to sheeple but good job none the less

as more people feel economic pain from the recession, they may be temporarily open to new "alternative ideas" since the bliss from being ignorant will be gone.

maybe next we can tackle the biggest political issue which will (if the bilderberg and trilateral commission have anything to do with american politics) be promoting GWarming pseudo science in an effort to find another pillar that defines a problem as global (war on terror, GW) since the solution will need to be a ONe world response, which will pave the way for further setting up the infrastructure for one world gov't, as well as create an opporunity to further privatize water and food. and if not enough people believe that GW is a serious threat, perhaps a shortage of food or water in a G7 nation, will get the masses thinking more in line with the GW elites.

getting people to feel responsible for global warming will lead people to think it is their "medicine" to accept a lower standard of living to heal mother nature's "fever". this system will be a fascist/feudalist global government and we will be living as debt slaves after we willfully fell for a trap that will be set, full of manipulation of good natured people and good intentioned enviornmentalists.

elite's because of the human condition and thirst for more power need a strong aware public to stand up and keep their power in check, instead of a public majority living in a bubble where they rationalize to themselves that only nut's think these things are going on. I think the pain of a recession provides the chance to burst the blissful ignorant bubbles of many and get them to take a stand while we still have a god dam% country.

Anyway Bravo John

[edit on 31-3-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Hey blaster, does Jeremy have a web colum, or has he written for any news sites on line? I would like to read some of his material if he has. Sounds like he's one gutsy reporter in these times of a completely corrupted and infiltrated MSM.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

He's written for AlterNet:

Stories by Jeremy Scahillx

He's got a blog at The Huffington Post:

The Huffington Post | Jeremy Scahill

He's on tour for his Blackwater book:

Blackwater by Jeremy Scahill

google rocks!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Thanks for the links goos...Looks like I have some serious reading to do. This guy is a true hero for what he's doing IMHO. Not too many willing to go up against the corps these days.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Scahill's book on blackwater is a great read up their with 'the shock doctrine' for exposing the frauds commited by defense contractors and other big companies with the compliance of yours, the U.S government.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You can bet both he and Cusack are now on some lists somewhere.

And that's a dangerous place to be...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I recently read the Shock Doctrine, and would loveto see a movie that borrows from its important themes. I look forward to this.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ill be honest, i dont see Mr Cusack as any actual threat to the MIC. he may say things they dont want him to, but nothing with come of it. Apathy will set in as people cluck back and forth about whats to be done about the MIC.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What I didn't know is that John Cusack said on "Real Time" the other night that he owned frigidaire. So this stance he has against war-profiteers and contractors has nothing to do with anything against free trade or corportations in general.

Then there are the contractors who can kill people at will and not be held accountable for their actions. They are not held to the standards of the UCMJ as the military is, Nor are there any other laws which they can be held against when something happens. So what happens when the contractors are actually at fault for killing innocent people? In short, nothing. This article really sais it all.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

-ChriS

[edit on 1-4-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Um...I realize John Cusack's not hurting, since he's had a good career and can produce his own movies and all, but he didn't say he owned Frigidaire, he said he owned a Frigidaire.

From the transcript of the interview:

Cusack - I own a Frigidaire, but it’s not subsidized by the government, and it doesn’t get anybody killed. Unless there’s stuff I don’t know about refrigerators.
Bill Maher | Realtime | HBO BROADCAST TRANSCRIPT | March 28, 2008 | Episode #611

[edit on 1-4-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah you're right that's my error.
Here's the interview...

I also loved Michael Ware's interview 2 weeks ago and you can find it here:

-ChriS

[edit on 3-4-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 3-4-2008 by BlasteR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>