It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Cusack Movie Takes on War Profiteers!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

John Cusack Movie Takes on War Profiteers!

rawstory.com

While explaining that the film shares similar themes as those found in Naomi Klein's book, The Shock Doctrine, Cusack said, "the very core things that make up our government like wars or interrogation or border patrol, jailing, any of those types of things that you would think would be sacred things that would happen with the state are now being turned into for-profit enterprises. And if you want all these things to be, if you want corporate ethics to be our national interest, then you have the situation we're in now. But right now, when you think that we've out sourced everything to interrogation, which means torture is a cost-plus enterprise, I think you can see a complete spiritual bankruptcy to this whole neo-con movement. It's a nightmare beyond anything you can really imagine."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This movie is going to be of the UTMOST importance to watch IMO. This is a message that needs to get out to the average uneducated american in the worst way. I am praying that it recieves wide coverage necessary to draw in this country and make them aware of what is tearing us down as a nation. These people need to be stopped.

I only hope the movie doesn't recieve a 'black-out' by the corpotrate controlled and corrupted MSM.

I also worry for Cusack's safety in putting out something like this and taking a stand. The M.I.C. is the most dangerous entity on the face of the earth right now, and they will do anything to preserve their interests...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As usual, DD, good find. Flagged and starred. It will be interesting to see what happens to John Cusack, I hope nothing does happen to him.

He's hit it right on the head. Can't wait to see the movie. Thanks, DD!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Cusack also picks apart the corrupted and infiltrated Main Stream Media, and the reasonings behind them feeding out the propeganda to the masses in droves...Sounds like he has done his homework!!

Adding later, "Some of these truths are so horrible you don't want to think about that, but it's just -- I mean the gig's up. If guys who are statesmen on CNN are also sitting on the board and are shareholders in some of the most profitable defense contractors in the world and they publicly make the case to go to war, got to war, then create a new market with the war, come back and speak evangelically about free markets that aren't free, these aren't particularly subtle fact and the stock prices jump 145% and their companies are awarded $2.3 billion contract. After a while you have to expose and shame and indict and hopefully convict the participants in this illegal immoral ideology."

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
John Cusack is a stand up kind of guy.

I've always enjoyed his body of work.

Smart, thought provoking, often wickedly funny.

With the themes to be explored in this movie, I now more fully respect the man, John Cusack.

F&S, DD.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I will wait in judgement, is it going to be something like jfk, to lead us in misdirection, or is it going to be the truth.

How many films in hollywood are basically from the pentagon, and psyops?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I will wait in judgement, is it going to be something like jfk, to lead us in misdirection, or is it going to be the truth.

How many films in hollywood are basically from the pentagon, and psyops?

Very, Very true...Although with the above statements Cusack is making, I get the feeling that this may be just the type of message that DESPERATELY needs to get out, and one that is impossible to achieve through the Main stream outlets, due to their vested interests, and being controlled by the very same groups he's exposing. The things he's saying wouldn't even get a second of airtime on the MSM. They would black it out or cut off his mic...A movie would be the smartest way to reach the masses. But the trick will be in the PROMOTION---How much coverage will the promotion / commercial advertisements be given by the above entities?

[edit on 30-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I've been a fan of Cusack's work for quite awhile too, and I hope he does the topic justice with this film.

Without seeing the film, my first thought is that this may simply be a "mainstream version" of Iraq for Sale, but if it continues to get the word out... more power to him.

The dangers involved in privatizing war efforts are definitely something that more people need to be aware of.

Edit: fixed link

[edit on 3/30/08 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What is the name of the social phenomena where, in a situation where someone is in need of assistance in some way shape or form, that people will tend to not do anything if there are other people are around, presuming that someone else will....I forget the reference...

But in the context of psy-ops, this movie will accomplish exactly that.

People will be entertained and informed by the movie and not be inclined to do anything about it...because they will presume that others, in this case John Cusack(who got paid more than I will ever earn in my lifetime for this), are already causing change.

What's the point in doing something if someone else is doing it? Someone who may even be more qualified....

I'm boycotting the movie....and will spend my time looking for my own information. I may even post it on this board so that others can be assuaged that 'someone else' is doing it....

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow. That's. Amazing. I didn't get a chance to watch the interview yet, but from what I read from rawstory, he knows what's up.

Another classic film, I'm sure. I pray he isn't murdered before its released. In all actuality, if he is killed, his message will make him a martyr and the truth will be even more obvious.

John, nice job
. The truth will come out one day, and it will be painful for many to see and hear (that is, if their heads aren't cemented into the sand).

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
John Cusack, at his blog at The Huffington Post, spoke with Naomi Klein about her book The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism.

It can be found here:

The Huffington Post | John Cusack | The Real Blackwater Scandal: Build a Frontier, You Get Cowboys

Edit to add this excerpt:

Naomi Klein - For four years the White House systematically fought every attempt at oversight of the contractors, specifically granted them immunity under Iraqi law and made no serious attempt to monitor their activities. And it's not just Blackwater -- think of all the tens of billions of public dollars allocated to reconstructing Iraq. The money has all been given away to contractors while Iraq is in worse shape than ever -- those contractors are cowboys too. And that's not even including the roughly $9 billion of Iraq's own oil money that has gone missing.

And what's even worse than the feigned astonishment we are seeing is this insistence on framing everything as an individual "corruption" scandal. Companies are built to profit from opportunity -- to do everything they can get away with to make as much money as possible. It's their legal duty. So the scandal isn't Blackwater or Halliburton or Exxon; it's the vision of politics we have been living with since Reagan that holds that the central role of government is to be the executive chef for this corporate feeding frenzy. In the eighties and nineties, that meant chopping of major limbs of the state -- water, electricity, the airwaves -- and feeding them to corporations. Today the process has moved into the very core of the state: armies, interrogation, evacuations. But rampant corruption has always been part of these neo-colonial privatization frenzies -- think of the instant billionaires in Latin America's privatization wave, when Carlos Slim, now the third richest man in the world, made his fortune, or the lawless rise of the Russian oligarchs during "shock therapy."

I don't know, MS, I think Cusack's the real deal.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Good lad John Cusack. Excellent Too see someone on the mainstream give out the facts as straight forward as that was good. The journalist annoyed me somewhat when saying the democratic candidates want to stay in Iraq to stop any resurgance of Al-qaeda..Does anyone believe that this could actually happen? The Iraqis are never going to allow this as has already been proven with the first defeat of 'Al-'qaeda' in the Sunni awakening, and if the candidates think this they are either stupid or misinformed.

Great he mentioned Naomi Klien and her book 'The Shock Doctrine' if u haven't yet read this, YOU MUST.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

That's a very good, and accurate article...Our gov is basically one and the same with the corps. It is all one big giant, interconnected, wealth and power grabbing BUSINESS. Anybody thinking ANY of these people might care about the welfare of the people is seriously deluding themselves. It's all about lining those pockets and dominating everyone.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

What is the point of expressing hostility about a movie that you do not intend to see? You have no idea of how entertaining or informative the movie might be, yet you have built it up in order to tear it down. Some folks may do themselves some good by seeing the movie. Others may become more informed. Still, others may become proactive with regards to the movie's subject matter. Who knows?

A movie is a movie. It's entertainment and it may incline those who see it to reflect on its subject matter or it may not. You speak about what "will" happen as a result of people seeing the movie. As if you know. Maybe your post is part of a PSYOP program?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

What is the point of expressing hostility about a movie that you do not intend to see? You have no idea of how entertaining or informative the movie might be, yet you have built it up in order to tear it down. Some folks may do themselves some good by seeing the movie. Others may become more informed. Still, others may become proactive with regards to the movie's subject matter. Who knows?

A movie is a movie. It's entertainment and it may incline those who see it to reflect on its subject matter or it may not. You speak about what "will" happen as a result of people seeing the movie. As if you know. Maybe your post is part of a PSYOP program?

I appreciate your post. I was in a negative mood at the time I posted and didn't consider how my words would be read. My opinion stands...for myself and I may elaborate on it at some other point (I submitted a thread a couple of years ago on the government contracting scientists in order to teach them how to write screenplays) but suffice to say, at this point....

...You are right. Thank you for your level headed response...

I will revisit this thread when I am in a better mood...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply. And I have heard about the government project involving scientists learning how to write screenplays. Maybe it was your thread or something written by Jim Marrs. I'm not sure. I'll look for your thread in order to refresh my memory, because the subject is important.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The fortunate thing about these types of movies are that they bring to light something most never conceived or maybe they did and it simply doesn't effect them directly so they don't care, The unfortunate aspect is it brings to light something we have all at one point and time and continue try to warn and inform others about only to get laughed at because we are crazy...
I fear this just like those before it will for a brief moment, That brief moment being at most a week after viewing, Make those very people puff there chests out for being so cool because they now know what we have always known, These people cannot be woken up by movie, They must choose to wake themselves up, I have no doubt in my mind they will fall back into complacency.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

It has been awhile...I authored a thread on Comic Books and Psy-Ops...

I replied to the thread I mentioned...

Here it is

I am a cynic and at times forget that my cynicism needs to be tempered...thanks for understanding!!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by Areal51

It has been awhile...I authored a thread on Comic Books and Psy-Ops...

I replied to the thread I mentioned...

Here it is

I am a cynic and at times forget that my cynicism needs to be tempered...thanks for understanding!!

Personally I think you were just upset because it was based on something called the Shock Doctrine, which we all know of course is a reference to Memory Shock. It is simply riding on your coattails

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I wasn't anticipating someone to hit the nail on the head...

Good to see you around Quazga....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join