It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Virus closes U.S. Army bases in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Four U.S. Army bases in Germany have been closed due to an unknown virus affecting the eyes of hundreds of service men and women.

expatica.com
"MARBURG - A mysterious viral infection has forced military authorities in Germany to close four bases, ordering nearly 4,000 personnel and their dependents to stay home, authorities said Friday."

The source of the virus, and how it is spread between all of the bases is still a mystery. Military bases are dependant on local vendors for services such as laundry, food, and office supplies. Although this is probably not terror related, this underscores the vulnerability of bases and military personnel to biological attack. Imagine the consequences of such an outbreak during the recent war in Iraq. This could have serious consequences and prevent a successful campaign.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have a friend stationed there. He hasnt said anything about it. I just talked to him last night... Hmmm... Ill have to ask next time...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Is there a link to this story?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My link has dissappeared. This story was posted on the Drudge Report as well yesterday. I'll check into what happened

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I found the link, they must have moved the article...

www.expatica.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Currently there is an eye-virus or however this can be called spreading. A friend of mine catched it as well and soon her whole family had it - but no fear - it is easily gone with the right medicaments.

So probably just a simple virus.

new topics

top topics

join