It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Uncertain' Economy Awaits Next President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

'Uncertain' Economy Awaits Next President

www.rawstory.com

Take your pick. Who knows where the economy will be in nine and a half months?

As economic clouds darkened last week, all three candidates delivered major speeches on the economy while the Bush administration prepared a plan to give the Federal Reserve new regulatory powers over the financial system.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Heh, I had to chuckle a little bit at the title of this article..."Uncertain?" I think 99% of the population is CERTAIN that the economy is in the toilet, and there is nothing suggested that the things contributing to it, i.e. skyrocketing fuel and food prices, destroyed housing market and job sector, untold billions being funneled overseas, fed printing up mega billions to bail out the big players---Are going to turn this train wreck around. And not to mention, NONE of these candidates are going to do anything different than the current idiots we have destroying our nation, because they are all serving the exact same interests that are BEHIND the dismantlement of our infrastructure to begin with!

We are truly screwed with our choices (or embarrasingly pathetic lack thereof).

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
We are truly screwed with our choices (or embarrasingly pathetic lack thereof)....

I haven't seen a lot about what the economists are saying in regards to Hillary or John McCain.

I posted these in PTS - this is what they are saying about Obama's economic 'plan' for America - (God help us all)

The National Review discusses Obama's Spend-O-Meter.

Real Clear Markets has an excellent article that will educate the disciples of Obama. It’s titled – Obama stirs ill wind on Wall Street.

Las Vegas Review-Journal Called Obama's Plan "A Recipe For Economic Disaster." "Obama wants to raise the tax rate on the top income bracket from 35 percent to 39.6 percent, nearly double the tax rate on capital gains and dividends, and eliminate all tax breaks for the gas and oil industries and private equity firm managers. Talk about a recipe for economic disaster." (Editorial, "More Class Warfare," Las Vegas Review-Journal, 9/20/07)

The US Chamber of Commerace gave Obama a rating of 55. That’s an F

Citizens Against Government Waste gave Obama a score of ‘13’. That’s an F. Heck, that’s an F minus!

The National Taxpayers Union gave Obama an F on spending issues.

In reference to Obama’s economics - Ryan Ellis, Americans For Tax Reform's Director Of Tax Policy: "That is a guaranteed way to not only wreck the economy and the capital markets, it's a guaranteed way for the government to lose tax revenue..." (Russell Berman, "Obama Would Shift Tax Burden To Wealthy," The New York Sun, 9/19/07)

Ben Stein – love him or hate him – he understands finances. He writes the economics column for the New York Times. Here are two quotes from him –

Stein: "Mr. Obama could become president and derail everything because his understanding of economics is 100 percent wrong. ... I must say I'm so scared about Mr. Obama becoming president. I can hardly tell you." (CNBC's "Kudlow & Company," 2/14/08)

Stein: "[Obama] understands nothing. He wants to shut down the oil companies, take away their profits. Kill every state teacher's pension fund that's invested in XOM [Exxon Mobil]. I am terrified of this guy. Either somebody has got to wise him up or he has to wise up himself or he will be real dangerous." (CNBC's "Kudlow & Company," 2/14/08)

The Watch Dog on Wall Street states that Obama’s economic manifesto is called a bunch of ‘campaign rhetoric’ by Quentin Hardy – a close apostle of Obamas who is involved in the campaign.

USA Today Obama admits he’s going to raise income taxes to pay for his tax and spend policies. Higher taxes means less money for the average American which HURTS the economy. And no – he’s not just going to soak-the-rich, he’s not just going to penalize the productive. Two weeks ago he voted to raise taxes for everyone all the way down to those making $31,000 a year. The Chicago Sun Times discusses that.

The CATO Institute describes Obama’s Social Security tax plan as one that would be extremely bad for younger workers. The CATO Institute refers to him as ‘no hope, no change’.

According to Obama $97,000 a year is ‘rich’. Guess that means that all the families where the husband makes $50,000 and the wife makes $50,000 are now ‘rich’. Heck .. even John Edwards knew that wasn’t true.

This page shows a few quotes from around the country. It may be a republican page .. but the quotes are very real.

This Blog says it all. Obama wants to tax who he considers ‘the rich’ to be .. because … and I quote Obama ‘THEY DON’T NEED IT’. Who the hell is he to decide if someone is worthy or not to keep their own income? He’s a typical Marxist. Takes from the productive and gives it away. Marxist ‘share the wealth’ … punishing the productive .. rewarding the unproductive

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm chuckling too, DD. but with a tear in my eye also.

All the rich white guys are gonna do, is covene another session of
worthless meetings it seems to me...

top topics

join