It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Disclosure..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

With Putin's crazy ass in office, none of this surprises me, in fact I suspected as much. The iron clamp of communism is indeed once again throttling any trustworthy or viable news source coming out of the former Soviet Union.

IMHO, suppression is sheerest form of conformation. GG.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The OPs video has an interesting take on UFO flight paths and hypothetical dimensional gates.
The new UFO Hunters episode is dealing with the same interviewing B. Cornet one of my favorite UFO researchers because he does dedicated work.

It is an irony, in a supposed "not free" Russia you get more chances to find about things in the press where in a supposed "free" country like the US you would be ridiculed and no one in the MSM would touch such subjects even with a ten foot pole. How come we have more original UFO reports from the former USSR than what we get from the US since in the US theres big money to be made from the UFOs? Well I think truth is not where the money is usually. I am not saying that everything posted in Russia might be actually true but look at what happens in the US. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Lets not derail this thread with having to compare any country with another.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot

It is an irony, in a supposed "not free" Russia you get more chances to find about things in the press where in a supposed "free" country like the US the former USSR
what we get from the US since in the US theres big money to be made from the UFOs? Its absolutely ridiculous.

No doubt very interesting from our friends with nasty teeth.
If Ufo's are real, its all about energy, (ie. big money) not Ufo's. Who controls the ships is dead. Give us the energy. None, UFO do not exist.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Hi Rawsom.

Sorry about that, in all likelihood I choose my words poorly and did not go into enough depth to explain my perspective.
I was going to just U2U this but since more and more people are chipping in I may as well post it openly with all the inherent risks that apply.

Even though its an interesting side topic comparing and contrasting Soviet/Russian press freedoms between then and now it was not really the kind of line I had intended to bring up, since as we could see, the threat of thread derailment is quite high.

More accurately I should have said 'All forms of Media' instead of press...

I was simply attempting to illustrate that with historical emphasis Soviet thinking and approach was quite different to ours as could be seen though their media, since pre-perestroika soviet media could not be considered in any way to be an 'entertainment' industry and was not in the habit of publishing light hearted stories about UFO's.

(Being that it is best to consider the media of the now defunct USSR to be a massively organised system of ideological thought control)

As such, public and more importantly scientific opinion could not haven been swayed by a hysterical media presence since in effect no such presence existed.

Remember that just about every article in Trud/Pravda/ITAR-Tass, every book, scientific article, radio and television show etc, would had to have been approved by the various propaganda departments. Technically the KGB 2nd Directorate (later the 5th Directorate) and the Department of Agitation and Propaganda of the CC CPSU (Agitprop, or the Ideological Department), so the fact that they did publish an occasional story about UFO's at all is highly interesting and they must have had a good reason for doing so. (whatever it was)

Additionally, this censorship issue in combination with the USSR's world stance resulted in a 'mostly' isolated scientific environment where ideas could arise and develop that would have been rejected out of hand here in the west due to influential social stigmas. (As you can now see with mainstream russian scientific acceptance of concepts such as parapsychology and dowsing).

Consequentially the Soviet scientific view of the UFO phenomenon having come from a background where their methodologies, approaches and viewpoints differ from our own, represents an important opportunity to see how that phenomenon was approached from a unique yet entirely valid perspective.

It is also important to remember that this differing viewpoint applied to more than just scientists..it could be described as a 'cultural' view due to a differing background and exposure to information and as such covered everyone no matter their position.

* Note that i said 'mostly' since the existence of samizdat books had an unmeasurable yet undoubtedly important effect and soviet scientists grabbed western journals where available.

(Also in the interests of accuracy I will say that the most noticeable change in soviet censorship started in the mid 80's with perestroika and easily continued through the 90's but was still subject to government control as illustrated in the case of Chernobyl 86.)

Hope I haven't muddled things too badly and that makes things clearer.

Cheers.
Absence.

(Edited for lots of bad spelling)

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Absence of Self]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
Yes Please do..I found it extremely interesting...

I believe that some of the witnesses interviewed ( a retired cosmonaut )
feels that there is much more to this whole enigma, bordering on the meta-physical... thought inspiring none the less....

There are retired astronauts who testify or speak about these kinds of things too. But they are often ridiculed unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absence of Self

Consequentally the Soviet scientific view of the UFO phemonenon having come from a background where their methodologies, approaches and viewpoints differ from our own, represents an important opportunity to see how that phemonenon was approached from a unique yet entirely valid perspective.

This is the reason of the OP. Their viewpoints and perspectives on this topic are very different from those in the US. I remember reading that for a time, the Russian military openly engaged UFO's in combat, with orders to shoot one down regardless of the costs to personnel, equipment, over-riding other military/civilian protocols.

In 1948, less than a year after the
famed Roswell Incident, the base’s
radar operators picked up an
unidentified object. At the same time,
a fighter pilot flying close to the base
had a visual sighting of a silver,
cigar-shaped object. Reporting that
he was being blinded by rays from
the UFO, the pilot was ordered to
engage with it and, after a three
minute dogfight, a missile
successfully brought down the
object. It seems that the UFO fired
some sort of energy weapon at the
MiG and both craft crashed to the
ground.

another incident involving UFO's and the Russian military:

On
June 3rd, 1960, two alien craft
allegedly crashed at Kapustin Yar,
creating an expanding fireball that
caused explosions in the vicinity for
over an hour. Figures are seen
running from the conflagration,
smoke pouring from their clothing.
One drops to the ground and lies
motionless. One of the UFOs was
said to have destroyed three rockets
on their launch pads, while the other
took out a fuel depot. Once the
flames had been doused, the
remains of the craft were sent to
Zhitkur.

Azhazha explained how many Soviet
fighter pilots engaged in dogfights
with UFOs. Former Soviet Air Force
colonel and cosmonaut, a hero of the
state, Marina Popovich confirmed
that she had personally witnessed
aerial battles between Soviet jets
and UFOs.
SOURCE PDF FILE

It is clear the Russian military has had a great interest in the UO/UFO phenomenon, which to me further validates reports world wide of "something strange in our skies". It will be interesting to keep an eye on events (suppressed or not) coming from former USSR and surrounding countries.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Remember that just about every article in Trud/Pravda/ITAR-Tass, every book, scientific article, radio and television show etc, would had to have been approved by the various propaganda departments. Technically the KGB 2nd Directorate (later the 5th Directorate) and the Department of Agitation and Propaganda of the CC CPSU (Agitprop, or the Ideological Department), so the fact that they did publish an occasional story about UFO's at all is highly interesting and they must have had a good reason for doing so. (whatever it was) ~Absence of Self

When looking at a puzzle or complex situation, it is imperative (to deny ignorance) to look at it from EVERY POSSIBLE ANGLE. The whole UFO enigma also could just be Russia's version of propaganda enabling them to also test incredible technologies (completely terrestrial) unabashed.

With such agencies like "Department of Agitation" (
are you kidding me
) its not such a far stretch. I do feel strangely agitated..... we may never really know the "truth" until it lands in our front yard.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join