It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea threatens to cut off dialogue with South

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

N.Korea threatens to cut off dialogue with South

www.reuters.com

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea threatened to suspend dialogue with the South over comments made by a South Korean military official and said it was ready to attack its wealthy neighbor, the North's state media said at the weekend.

Over the past several days, the North has lashed out at the new conservative government in Seoul and its ally the United States by test-firing missiles...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I open over week ago threat from growing Naval forces in Pacific. That time all our eyes was looking to Taiwan, and its elections, and to Tibet, but I many times thought, and write from that; Taiwan is not now the issue now, neither China, but somewhere there, in coming weeks, we can see in MSM some growing tensions...

Myanmar (Burma) and Indonesia was one of the choices. But North Korea was at highest in my bets, and now that is coming to true.

I think that development in North Korean nuclear talks has been frozen for a good while now. There has been too quiet, long time, and when I did follow their broadcasts three weeks ago, for a week, from their national satelite TV in my countryside home here in Asia, it was 100% full of local propaganda. (Maybe its always, can not say...)

But what was interesting to see, that always when Bush picture comes to TV in North Korea (Didnt understand the language) there is a dead body, or explosions, or a fighter jet in same frames, in seconds. Pure shown to people, that there was the main evil!

So, now we see that tensions are rising, and lets follow where this lead in coming days and weeks!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was actually about to start a thread with this exact story.
You beat me to it

anyways, the way i see it is North Korea, like you said, hasn't been heard much of in the new lately. Threatening to attack the south for comments that the south would attack the north if they took any aggressive action just seems to me more like a pissing contest. or a game of whose got the bigger dick

as crazy as the North may be, I would still take this quite seriously. A war between the North and South is inevitable considering the cease fire has been going on for what? over 50 years i think?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tevis69

That doesn't mean war is inevitable! There's always a peaceful way out, even if it's the long, hard and often unseen path.

This is fairly crazy though, I don't know why they're still acting like this. North Korea's constant 'flexing' is really sad...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I just to underline the state of mind in North Korea these days...

I wish I could have a DVD recorder for those broadcast what they show from day to day. If somebody is being brainwashed, they are!

Its no question were they march, if their leader say. Asian people are most beautiful people that I ever meet, but every coin has its other side. They believe to authoritys and older words, blindly. There is no individualism and history of ego, like we westerners have.

North Korea is example of 100% opposite what we believe, and I see that they are over all what we even can imagination, as nation. Where I live now, here is lots of people from South Korea, and they are such nice and kind peoples...

Situation in Korean peninsula is one of its own in whole world!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I also was going to start a thread on this topic. I was going to go with the "South Korea threatens premptive attack on N. Korea" angle that CNN is running. That is a bit more alarming to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Attack, Defense, and Bluff.

Like I said before, your MSM will goin to turn your head, and the whole world heads to different places, before really something, what they have decided comes true. I see that some great operation is taking soon its place by US army, there is all the signs an preparations going on... But this can be that needed bluff, for real act against Iran.

Or just other way around. (I am just in the position that I could know.)

In history, always before attack against powerful enemy, is it now Syria, Iran or North Korea, everything will be make, like it looks like attack will happen in certain place... Think Normandy and D-day, and many others. Those "Rumors Of War" ... Placed by the attackers to confuse their enemy.

I see that this can be very easy just part of their deals with North Korea, that they will act hostile, when US give them permission to do that with certain signs. Then everybody assume that US is now tied there. Even Iran and Syria can downs their state of preparedness, what is the whole purpose of bluff operations.

Key of successful attack is always surprise.

But, there has been very much those rumors of war against Iran. Has that been made to North Korea to think, that they get away with their real nuclear programs before GW leaves the office? There is powerful Navy in pacific and its operational.

I think we will soon see what is really behind this many faced situation.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
What I got out of the article was that the ROK chairman of their Join Chiefs of Staff said that they would hit the DPRK's nuclear sites in the event that they were attacked. And now the DPRK seems to be trying to skew that as threats of a pre-emptive attack. Really, if the North were to attack who wouldn't try to take out their nuclear site? It's pretty much the same thing as the South saying that if invaded they're going to shoot back.

The North is just being extremely inmature and is pretty much just begging for attention. There's no way that they could defeat even the South Korean military, much less a force supported by the US. Their only hope would be Chinese intervention, but that won't happen since China wouldn't be caught dead with North Korea with the Olympics coming up. There's already criticism from Germany and talk of France possibly boycotting, the Chinese know that an alliance with North Korea would easily lead to an American-European led boycott.

As I've said before, the Chinese superpower is dependent on these Olympics going off without a hitch. Nazi Germany rose after there's went well, the Soviet Union fell after their's were boycotted. It's all about international prestige. And I think with the Olympics being in Beijing it'll force the Chinese to try and keep things quiet on the Korean peninsula.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

I can not see what North Korea could win with open hostility with South, and those Olympics has very deep meanings in global theatre, and its diplomacy.

Thats what I have waited, as my personal opinion, that great bluff is taking place on soon somewhere in Pacific, before next move in Middle East.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This has made the global incident map.

Global Incident Map

Along with just about every newspaper everywhere!

Google Search Link

Why is there no interest in this thread, this (Although just a threat) is an extremely unstable situation.

Regards S_G

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
the reason there is so little interest in this thread is simple... everyone else is pondering the "inevitable alien invasion" that is going to happen between now and 2012... o and the arrival of planet X.

apparently they don't like to get their heads out of the clouds and actually participate in a discussion about a current event.

...then again maybe this event is nothing worth discussing?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

War is mostly rumors of war.

Why? Its bluff, its make to do what it does. Peoples get used to idea, but doesnt know what is happening. Then when its happening, they are like, really?

Ignorance has no borders in public.

Issue is most crucial. It can be bluff operation to turn heads, or then its the real one, and Iran is the bluff. Difficult to say at this time...

Peoples entertain them self in here: UFO-ALIEN-AREA51-LOST-MATRIX

Science fiction is much more popular than real war. Even if there are evidence from something, what is the possibility that its going to effect your life anyway like WW3? I would put my money to WW3 vs Aliens.

( Edit: I put one threat out from this, then we see... This is stupid, but I do have a right to entertain my self too, once? )

[edit on 31-3-2008 by JanusFIN]

new topics

top topics

join