A Haunting Hotel

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOcean
reply to post by YoungBlood

Did I say "you need to prove to me that this is actually happening"? I don't believe I did...

What I'm saying is that this is a great story. But until there is some proof, pictures, sounds, video...something, this is just a story.

Anyone can come on here and say they've got whatever happening. No proof, nothing. You people buy it hook, line and sinker. It's sad.

I also don't think there was anything rude in my previous post. I enjoy this story, I'd just like to see some proof. There are all these things going on, night after night. You'd think there'd be an opportunity to catch some sort of evidence, wouldn't you?

Space Cadet took her own time and energy posting the Information she has. Yeah, she posted pictures. Space Cadet is a type of person who wouldn't talk crap lies for the sake of getting attention. I hope that you do respect her time that she has shared with us. I honestly love log'in onto ATS and reading the Thread, because I really enjoy the experience she does and has shared with us. I THANK YOU SPACE CADET - Please Post more about the Hotel.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
Space Cadet took her own time and energy posting the Information she has. Yeah, she posted pictures. Space Cadet is a type of person who wouldn't talk crap lies for the sake of getting attention. I hope that you do respect her time that she has shared with us. I honestly love log'in onto ATS and reading the Thread, because I really enjoy the experience she does and has shared with us. I THANK YOU SPACE CADET - Please Post more about the Hotel.

I agree. As if proof would be that easy to get, lets face it you would be attacking anything she posted regardless.

Either enjoy the thread and the stories as presented, or don't read it. There is no reason to be snipey towards the op. Many of us enjoy Space Cadet's posts.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm so glad the OP was able to take the time and share her story with us. That alone should be proof that this is real. Right? And yes, she did post pictures. Those pictures we of...what? Go back and look. They were of...what?

Ohhhhh...I get it! This is where people go to live in their own little fantasy world! Where any time you actually question something (this is, after all, a conspiracy site. To have a conspiracy there must be conflicting views/stories), you're being rude and "sniping" at the OP. I've got it now. Don't question. Just "oooh" and "ahhh" at the words typed on the screen.

And Sonya, I've read some of your posts on the subject, you should be their leader.

There. That was "sniping".

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
SpaceCadet -

I very much enjoy the story you're telling here. I'm not trying to be rude or anything of the like. I'm merely saying that your story does not check out without some sort of evidence to back it up.
With the amount of activity that's going on in your location, it would definately qualify as one of the most, if not The most haunted places in history. I understand you may be a woman of meager means, but a small camera is not hard to come by these days. Cell Phones come with cameras. I'm sure you have friends or family with digital cameras. A co-worker that you're close to must have a digital camera. I'm also fairly certain that the hotel itself would have a camera on hand to aid in insurance claims in case there are any damages. You don't have to buy one. You don't have to have money.
The same goes for a small voice recorder.
A video camera, ok, maybe a little bit out of range...but there are a lot of people that have them, and I'm sure if anyone knew what it would be for they would be more than happy to loan it to you.

As for the story that the hotel owners don't want the word to get out in fear of losing business, but that story almost doesn't jive either. These people are money makers...they're in it for the money. Don't you think the attention of having "The most haunted hotel in America" would bring in a lot of extra business? Ghost hunting folk, psychics, the curious, etc. Can you imagine how much business would come in for the "ghosts", rather than just getting some passer-by's and traveling sports teams? Not to mention, possible local, regional and national media attention...? Some may not want that, but I can guarantee you that people who want to make money...they want that.

The frequency of this activity also makes me question things. To me, it's as if you're alone and bored at work in the early morning hours and are fabricating a story to pass the time and pull the leg of these board denizens who you know will never question such a thing. I have never heard any haunting that manifests itself as frequently as you claim. It really is like you're pulling the script from some Hollywood horror flick. Most reported hauntings show themselves rarely. Yours seems to be nearly every night, and in a big way. It's suspicious. Very much so.

Do you have anything to prove to me? Absolutely not. You can completely disregard this post if you like. You have no reason to respond to it. I do think it's a bit sad, and a lot gullible that many folks on this board will just take a story for what it is, without questioning one word.
I'm of the opinion that unless I can feel, touch, taste, smell or hear something...You better come with some good evidence that it's there.
I'm also of the opinion that if you're going to say something, whether speaking under oath, or typing on a message board, you better be able to back up the things you say. When i see you posting on here with all of these grand claims, then see you post pictures of a Christmas tree with your blurry thumb in the corner and try to pass it off as something that's worth investigating, or other random pictures of the hotel lobby...it doesn't make me a believer. It makes me very suspicious. It makes me want to ask you "what's wrong with you?", or "who do you think you are?" that you can take people on this "journey", knowing they will believe you because they're on here just as much as you and you've shared stories before, but offer no real evidence that these things are happening.
I don't buy it. I don't think any reasonable person would. I'm far from closed minded, but I am realistic. What you're claiming just doesn't strike me as realistic.

Again...Please feel free to prove me wrong. Or, don't.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Can someone stop pissing in DOcean's Cheerios already...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOcean

With the amount of activity that's going on in your location, it would definately qualify as one of the most, if not The most haunted places in history.

First of all you need to brush up on your history there are numerous sites around the world where people claim there to be twice as much activity as what is going on here, and because of that NO ONE will enter some of these sites after sunset. (I,m sure that would effect a hotels business)

As for the story that the hotel owners don't want the word to get out in fear of losing business, but that story almost doesn't jive either. These people are money makers...they're in it for the money. Don't you think the attention of having "The most haunted hotel in America" would bring in a lot of extra business? Ghost hunting folk, psychics, the curious, etc.

No, you are wrong. The majority of everyday people on this earth would be scared S-less to stay in a haunted hotel. And although the hotel advertising it as haunted might bring in as you call them "ghost hunting folk" It would in turn lose a great deal of the regular old people that just want a good nights sleep and not be scared out of their minds in the middle of the night. So yes it does make sense that the owner wouldn't want rumors of his hotel being haunted as it could cost him dearly in this troubled economy where every one is just going to go to the "normal" hotel if they even splurge on a hotel at all.

The frequency of this activity also makes me question things. To me, it's as if you're alone and bored at work in the early morning hours and are fabricating a story to pass the time and pull the leg of these board denizens who you know will never question such a thing.

Are you kidding me? Did you read the thread? Well it started in like May or June of LAST YEAR! If she had posted every night since then there is no way I would have read it all. SO if you payed attention to the dates of the posts you would realize that she didn't post every night, and crazy off the wall stuff didn't happen every night.

And really you claim that your not being rude but you ARE being rude..

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Many of us enjoy Space Cadet's posts.

Only Enjoy? Are you kidding... Space Cadet's posts are the reason why I enjoy wakingup in the day and night, so reading her posts that I do LOVE to read her posts that fills my day-night with enjoyment and a purpose and reason for log'in onto ATS. I WANT TO BE SPACE CADET'S NUMBER ONE FAN. I honestly enjoy reading her posts. And thanks for replying, Sonya. I am jealous that I can not visit the Hotel, so I love reading Space Cadet's posts.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungBlood

I fully agree with Young Blood's response, kudos goes out to ya!!
I wouldn't be surprised if Space Cadet abandons this thread due to discouragement from those who are asking for too much. She took the time to share her experiences with all interested members and after all this, gets a slap in the face for it. We are only reading the OP's posts but she is the one experiencing "something" so to her, what she is seeing, hearing, feeling, etc., is evidence enough for her. I'm sure that she is frustrated that she isn't able to provide all the pictures, videos and sounds that are being asked for. Have any of these threads provided tangible proof that is good enough? Highly unlikely.
Space Cadet......I'm sorry that people can sometimes be so cruel. Thank you for sharing with us and keep us posted!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
SpaceCadet I do hope the presence of one troll does not discourage you. Just put him on ignore if he is annoying.

You have some loyal readers, we are more important than a random idio...errm...naysayer.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So someone calls BS on a story and they're automatically a "troll" or an "idiot"?

You people spend too much time in your little "online community".

I agree with the "troll". This is just a figment of someone's imagination/boredom/dissatisfaction with thie own reality, without any additional proof.

And look at it...she hasn't posted since someone called BS. How convenient!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow. I am not sure what to make of this DOcean. I do think that possibly you have a valid argument as far as I have not produced photographic evidence of a haunting, I wish I could, but even with a camera , that is the holy grail of the paranormal isn't it? Maybe I will be the one, you never know. I appreciate your compliments to my writing I think, apparently you think I am a good author, comparing it to movies, but I am just telling what goes on here. Do you know any Hindu families? They cannot believe in ghosts, because reincarnation is what they believe. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that the mother, even though she is Hindu, feels like there is ghostly activity here, but the rest of the family thinks she is old and not well over those statements. The idea of it with them is either terrifying or they brush it off as impossible. Either way they see it as negative for the business. I agree that it could possibly be good for us, but I don't own the hotel so it is not up to me. They don't like it, they don't even want to discuss it. I may never have tangible proof of what is happening here, but I will continue to document it here, and I will continue to use writing on this thread as a way to connect me to people when I feel like I am going through these events all alone, It makes me feel that I am not.

edit to address the right person

[edit on 19-12-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It is very foggy tonight, I went out to smoke and can barely see across the street, it looks eerie! I am getting freaked out because there is a large window to the left of this desk, that window if you looked through it, is the breakfast room, and a christmas tree is on the other side of it, so the curtains are pulled open to show off the tree, anyway I swear I keep seeing someone in the window, I have gotten up several times now and looked, I even went over there and turned on the lights and left them on, but I keep seeing something. We have a lot of people in here tonight, due to the NAIA or something like that, has to do with football, most of the folks are here from South Dakota or Montana, I never expect to see much or hear much of anything when there are a lot of guests, but this is what I feel like, another deliberate attempt to get my attention.

BTW, Docean I asked my manager if we have a camera for insurance purposes or otherwise and we don't. I figured so much, when I was run over by a car in the parking lot a co worker suggested we take pics and they didn't have one then. My niece had taken photos with her cell phone of that though.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
It is very foggy tonight, I went out to smoke and can barely see across the street, it looks eerie! I am getting freaked out because there is a large window to the left of this desk, that window if you looked through it, is the breakfast room, and a christmas tree is on the other side of it, so the curtains are pulled open to show off the tree, anyway I swear I keep seeing someone in the window, I have gotten up several times now and looked, I even went over there and turned on the lights and left them on, but I keep seeing something. We have a lot of people in here tonight, due to the NAIA or something like that, has to do with football, most of the folks are here from South Dakota or Montana, I never expect to see much or hear much of anything when there are a lot of guests, but this is what I feel like, another deliberate attempt to get my attention.

BTW, Docean I asked my manager if we have a camera for insurance purposes or otherwise and we don't. I figured so much, when I was run over by a car in the parking lot a co worker suggested we take pics and they didn't have one then. My niece had taken photos with her cell phone of that though.

We want to see pictures of you, Space Cadet. Is there a website for the hotel? If so. Space Cadet, I was wondering if from the website for the hotel if there could be setup a camra (hopefuly live) so that people can see what is it like inside of the hotel and people could enjoy it enough to want to stay there for a visit. The idea is a "idea" so that it could trick the managers into having a camra (live) setup inside of the hotel. Just a thought. Keep on posting, Space Cadet.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Almost a full house here tonight, this football event has brought people from all over the US, mostly South Dakota and Montana, but I got a few out of Nevada and Washington tonight. I didn't expect I would have any incidents tonight, usually when we are full we don't. It is 4:20am now, I am about to go to the breakfast room and set up the coffee, still don't like going in there even when I don't see things moving around!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Almost a full house here tonight, this football event has brought people from all over the US, mostly South Dakota and Montana, but I got a few out of Nevada and Washington tonight. I didn't expect I would have any incidents tonight, usually when we are full we don't. It is 4:20am now, I am about to go to the breakfast room and set up the coffee, still don't like going in there even when I don't see things moving around!

Maybe the spirit(s) doesn't like coffee?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It is almost 2am, and the front doors are opening and closing on their own, I have it set so that it will only open if I hit the button on the inside, or if you are outside you have to slide a roomkey to come in.
I don't know if this can possibly be an electrical issue or what, I noted the laser eye that detects an approaching customer is not coming on when the doors open, like it would if someone walked up to them from the inside right now. OK, some of the players just walked in, they came up to the doors, they didn't open, that is what they are supposed to do. Let's see what happens.

EDIT TO ADD: Omigosh, I just spoke with our first shift worker, Melody, I call her just after 5:30 every morning to make sure she got her wake up call ( she is the one who lives in the hotel) and we always chat just a second, I told her about the burn/melt mark, she agrees it is new. We were talking about a ceremony today for our general manager's sister, she was wondering why it is taking so long, she died over a week ago, I was telling her they cremated the remains immediatly, the body means nothing now, she is reincarnated to the Hindu's, anyway Melody just told me that she has her husbands cremated remains in her room with her, that really only kinda spooked me until she told me his name. Walter. If you read back or remember this is the same name given to me through a ouiji board reading here at the hotel one night. He was also murdered, not here but in their home. And he was 47, the same age as the Walter from the ouiji. I gotta go for the night, it's getting busy in here, I will be back tonight (sun after 11pm est) hopefully with pics.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

It is almost 2am, and the front doors are opening and closing on their own, I have it set so that it will only open if I hit the button on the inside, or if you are outside you have to slide a roomkey to come in.
I don't know if this can possibly be an electrical issue or what, I noted the laser eye that detects an approaching customer is not coming on when the doors open, like it would if someone walked up to them from the inside right now. OK, some of the players just walked in, they came up to the doors, they didn't open, that is what they are supposed to do. Let's see what happens.

You might need to talk with your manager about hireing a electrian in to help fix the problem. Or you can hire a priest? Ohh. New Poltigest movie called: Poltigest Hotel. staring Space Cadet. (I was joking about that)

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
So a large group was just checking out, they were all from South Dakota, their flights had been delayed due to weather out there I suppose, there were about 10 or more people carrying out suitcases and getting some coffee, one of the older gentlemen told me that there is a burned spot on the carpet in front of the elevators, on the first floor. I asked him was a large spot and they were all chiming in and with their hands showing me a circle spot about a foot around. They said it was a perfect circle and must have just happened because he didn't see it when he came down to check out all the room, but when they started bringing their stuff down he said he thought he could smell something burning on the elevator. He said he checked it though and it was not even hardly warm. I guess about 15 minutes lapsed in between the time he checked out the rooms and then they all started coming back down. So I just went down there to check it out, and there isn't a spot. Not a burnt one anyway, there is actually a white spot there, looks like the carpet is melted or something. I swear I am gonna get a da*mn camera tonight and bring it, ya'll gotta see this.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Is it just me or viewing Space Cadet posts is better then watching horror movies? HaHa. Space Cadet, have you ever thought about writting down on paper or something, the "events" that has been happening in the hotel? You should, it would be Interesting in knowing the where and what. I swear, Space Cadet needs a forum of her own...ATS should be all about Space Cadet posts. Space Cadet, I was wondering if when the guests leave the hotel they write down their thoughts on their experience, if they enjoyed them selves...something like that.

Thanks Space Cadet, for allowing us to know about yourself and the hotel. (Hugs)

So a large group was just checking out, they were all from South Dakota, their flights had been delayed due to weather out there I suppose, there were about 10 or more people carrying out suitcases and getting some coffee, one of the older gentlemen told me that there is a burned spot on the carpet in front of the elevators, on the first floor. I asked him was a large spot and they were all chiming in and with their hands showing me a circle spot about a foot around. They said it was a perfect circle and must have just happened because he didn't see it when he came down to check out all the room, but when they started bringing their stuff down he said he thought he could smell something burning on the elevator. He said he checked it though and it was not even hardly warm. I guess about 15 minutes lapsed in between the time he checked out the rooms and then they all started coming back down. So I just went down there to check it out, and there isn't a spot. Not a burnt one anyway, there is actually a white spot there, looks like the carpet is melted or something. I swear I am gonna get a da*mn camera tonight and bring it, ya'll gotta see this.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Where are you, Space Cadet? I hope you are ok. I really want to see pictures inside of room 129.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join