It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Haunting Hotel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
No if its a hotel.with 129+ rooms.
They would have pabx key telephone system.Not just exchange lines.
All hooked up to the access control surveillance etc.
Hard to say without seeing it but it would be some set up like this as space cadet has stated some kind of computer cabinets with all the stuff in it.

I don't really know anything about phone systems. However I know all about camera system of this size. They are running on a DVR, just a regular size computer (probably a mini-tower) that is hooked up to the internet. Not sure what you mean by access control, but I doubt if it is hooked up to the alarm system or card key system. They are just regular cameras that may be set on motion sensor.

Op another thing you could try, if these cameras are viewed on a regular computer with regular windows programs (excel, windows, etc...) you can always hit the print screen key (upper right on keyboard) to capture a snapshot of ANYTHING on the screen. It captures the entire screen, if you were viewing a webpage it would take a snapshot of the page, the browser tool bars, etc... (try it)

Hit the print screen button and then go to the start menu and find "Paint" under accessories, hit "new" under paint and the paste it. You can save it and email it, burn it to disk whatever. That option is on all regular windows machines. Try it on your home machine.

That is a crude way of getting a picture, however it would be MUCH clearer than trying to take a picture of the monitor with a digital camera.

You said you felt this thing "pass through you". I am not ghost expert but I would think that would mean this is an intelligent haunting, not a residual haunting. Shadows and door slams could be residual (snippets of time replaying) but moving objects and interacting with the living would be a different matter. Very interesting. I wonder if you could talk to this thing.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
First off, Great post!

Anyway, I've worked in a haunted hotel before as well, luckily for me it was not as an overnight clerk such as yourself. I've heard many stories from the people who do work there overnight to keep me from working 3rd shift anywhere, much less in a hotel like yours. I look forward to more posts of evidence, and I hope that whatever happens the inconsiderate people here will refrain from doing activities that would get you fired. Firsthand accounts of a haunting like this are valuable and should not be ruined by the likes of stupid people.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Any new updates...???

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cooper1

I would be surprised if she still has a job. She has probably had several nutters from ATS asking if they can stay in the haunted room. I enjoyed reading her stories, but she probably should have been more discrete about her location until she found a different job.

With hope we will hear back from her.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am still here, still having disturbances in house and have not had access to the computer at work for the last several weeks. An employee was fired for viewing obscene material on the net, and we were all banned from using it anymore. He had also uploaded a virus to the computer, I have borrowed this laptop from my father in law to use temporarily ( I don't know when he will ask for it back, I will put it that way). I have been back on ATS for a couple of weeks now, but this is the first time I am brave enough to come here and talk about what is going on. I can tell you all I have had some nights here recently that have made me want to quit, if I could find another job I would quit, but I have been out putting in for them and nothing is happening. I messed up. I got online the first night I had this laptop with me, I was here at work, and I went to an online ouiji board, I have been troubled with dreams about Caylee Anthony, I cannot get her off my mind, and I wanted to use a board to possibly verify some of what I have dreamed ( I know, it sounds nuts, but the dreams are so real). Instead of Caylee, I got Walter. He said he was murdered, here. He says he is 43 years old, and was shot here a long time ago, when I ask for a year it always says ' not clear'. I got the same name and information from 2 different sites. The first one was eerie enough, but when I went to a completely different site and got the same answers, it was a 'whoah!' moment. Now 'Walter', or something, scares the poo out of me at every opportunity. How you might ask? Well, walking right up behind me, I can feel it, and then breathing heavy onto my neck or back. Peeking around the corner, I have seen an apparition passing the doors of the breakfast area several times now and it is big and black. I went into the bathroom last night and the door to the stall beside mine slammed, hard, and the lights went out. I was sooooo scared. I had my lighter in my hand and lit it up to get out of there, I could hear the door at the very end sqeaking as it was opening, slowly. I was shooting out and saw something in the mirror, right behind me, just a dark figure , like a shadow, but it was practically on my back! I ran back up the hall to the desk, only to hear something falling somewhere behind the desk, I stood there listening for a minute and called my hubby to stay on the line while I walked behind the counter to see what was going on, when I checked it out-the manager's office has a rather large hindu statue that hangs on the wall, it sits inside of another peice, and it was in the floor. The new security doors are opening and closing constantly, they are activated by movement on the inside of the building only after 11pm, so it cannot be because of birds bats or bugs flying by it. It is something on the inside of the doors, right smack in front of me. I am sitting in a whole new place now as my night goes by, at the very end of the desk, facing the openings, this way I can see every direction in the lobby, and I feel safer with my back to a solid wall. Honestly I don't know how much longer I can take it, and the slower it gets around here (winter is sloooowww) the more activity that goes on. I will come back tomorrow night, I want to tell you all about the maintenance man's 'trip' the other night.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Sonja I want to explain the camera system as I know it. There is a computer in one of the office rooms behind me, it is an oldie, and the only thing on the screen is a split screen with 12 different views, I can switch it to an additional 12 views, and I can go back and look at the last hour of any one of those 24 views. There were more veiws but they removed thepool camera and 2 others. Anyway, there is no way to minimize the program, no way to change it to anything else but the camera views. I know how to do a printscreen, but I cannot access a start menu or program menu to move it anywhere. This program is not incorporated onto the computers we work on. The only other view is at the front desk, a TV that we can switch from TV programming or watch a slideshow of the same views from the back computer if you put the TV on AUX. Can you figure a way around this? I apologize to all of you who wish I had photos, I am not a person of great means, I know a camera don't cost much, but I don't have the money to run out and get one. I will try to get my old one to work, sometimes if I keep messing with the 'shoot' button it takes a picture.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

HI space cadet,
Glad to hear you are still alive and well, albeit a bit shaken by the sounds of it.

Online ouija? Damn why haven't I thought of that.
Seriously though, the confirmation on 2 different sites obviously must have been a moment for sure.

I am fascinated at your experience, however I would hate to see anyone overcome, dare I say, spiritually or mentally by an experience like this.

I quite often, as you describe, feel them. When I am laying in bed, I can tell when someone or something moves around the house.
It is sort of like the change in the air or atmosphere , sometimes it gets quite active, but when I get disconcernted I try to allow only the good stuff in. So to speak.

A (wise old) lady once said to me, "if you tell them to go, they will go".

You have the power to control what affects you.
Alway's know that.
You are you and you have your space.

Keep calm, try to look through the fear and realise what a special opportunity you have.

Not many people get to experience what you are right now.

Anyhow, that's about all I have to say.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I used to not be as scared as a was intrigued by it all, but now it feels different. I don't know if that came across or not when I told of the board, but that is what I meant. I have had experiences in the bathroom that were similar, I always hear a 'shhhsshhh' sound, and the doors move around, but this was different. It seemed very purposeful, and the purpose was to shake me up! It worked. People are getting up for breakfast now, I feel better when others are up and about in the building. I will check in here tommorrow night, I am hoping to get my old piece of crap 20 digital to work, and I can upload them into this laptop no problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Space Cadet. I was wondering with your camra system, could you have a (I do not know HOW - but IF you could) 3-way setup with the cords going in and out of the monitor?

Oh! I love hearing about ghost stories like thease. Space Cadet, there are t.v. shows that are for "ghost hunting", maybe if you can ask your manager for them to come and stay the night?

And...I was also wondering, you could always setup your OWN camra-tape recording of the room-129? If you can ask your manager.

I love reading your posts, Space Cadet. How much does it cost to stay a night? AND...does the rooms comes with T.v.-Vcr machines? I wanna watch "ghost busters" the movie at 12:Oclock in the room-129.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
At 5:30 am a tour bus driver came up and asked for another room, her room was a comp room, they are getting ready to take a group to
Gatlinburg to shop on Sunday, anyway she didn't want to stay in her room anymore, she said it is freezing in there even though the air is on full blast, and the TV keeps coming on and is turned up all the way when it does. She couldn't sleep in there. Yep. Room 129. I moved her up one floor.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I have been doing some research tonight, I brought my camera, put new batteries in it before I left the house, but it will not turn on. I don't know what the ? because we have a battery tester here at work, we have plenty of batteries for that matter ( for remote controls) but it will not come on. In the meantime I was looking on google earth for the hotel, and wow, you guys aren't gonna believe it, but this place sits on property that was formerly known as 'hell's hollow'. I read an historic article that tells about all these slaves from Rome and what had happened to them, when I google 'hell's hollow' that is what I keep getting, this site about those slaves. Makes me think of Walter.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I read an historic article that tells about all these slaves from Rome and what had happened to them, when I google 'hell's hollow' that is what I keep getting, this site about those slaves. Makes me think of Walter.

I tried to find that hell's hollow site and can't. Maybe you could U2U it to me? Or post a link?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wow this is amazing!
I've been lurking here for a while, this is so freaking sweet!
I wonder if your pictures will be static even if your camera does work.
If you ever do find a job though and are prepared to quit, I suggest you launch a big investigation on room 129 without your boss's agreement (since you would be leaving any ways)

Well good luck and have fun! (If your definition of fun is a a scary hotel, mine is anyways!)

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
thanks for the posts. I enjoy reading them.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
First of sorry for the double post...I cant edit my old post for some reason,
w/e I was looking for Hells Hollow and I came up with this
www.ladyoftheearth.com...
Do you know if it has any relevance to your hells hollow?
Also it would really cool if you put this together for us,

Investigation Report

When creating a paranormal investigation report it is important to include as much information as possible. Make it easy to reference information at a glance. Try not to include very long paragraphs for area’s that are least likely to be looked at.

Make headings stand out where needs be this will allow researchers and over lookers to instantly find the area they are after.

What should you include in your report and in what order:

· Brief history

· Date

· Time of location start

· Team members who attended

· Area’s covered ( What area is the report information about )

· Possible weather condition E.g , Windy, Raining, Temp,

· Investigation begins

· Report equipment used

· Any activity ( If not any report that to)

· Personal experiences / Scientific evidence

· Conclusion

You can also include a conclusion from a personal point of few.

It is also good where possible for each member of the group to create some sort of report so then it is possible to compare each report and this will make for a more accurate conclusion.

I thought it would be cool, I wanna try getting this to the whole forum for paranormal expierences if it works for you.

Keep up the hunt!
Sincerely,
joshedis

[edit on 26-11-2008 by joshedis]

[edit on 26-11-2008 by joshedis]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have brought my crappy little camera again tonight, and new batteries. I put in a new set, and took one photo, and the batteries died. Put in another set, same thing. My boss walked in, so I wound up taking a christmas tree pic, but noticed that there is a blur or fog in the bottom left side of the pic. Another pic is the monitor for the security system. This is what I see when I look at it, I can double click on any of the pics, and choose 'review' and it will back up for 1 hour and then show it in FF. Here ya go guys, I am gonna go look for more batteries around here.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hey, I got one more out of it! This is looking across the lobby towards hall one, pretty much the view from behind the front desk.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I just noticed looking at the picture of the tree, you cannot even see the chair sitting by the tree, only a portion of the top on the side of it is visible through the light/blur on the photo.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

There is a tree in that picture, in that picture? It looks more like a something with horns.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Maybe the spirit doesnot want you to take the pictures? Or maybe the camra is dead tired?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join