It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Haunting Hotel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cooper1

I have not bought one yet, but my hunny found one that had been in their lost and found for some time, his company told him to take it. I still need to buy a USB cord for it though. I promise I will do this soon, I am going to take my vacation time starting monday, when I come back to work I expect to have a cord and camera ready for action. I gave up on writing my short story here, the forum does not allow you to write all you want, it stops you at something around 7-8000 letters I think, I can't make it that short!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I am sorry I have not posted on this thread in a while, but I was contacted by an unknown member of ATS, by phone, at the hotel, and it kind of creeped me out, I never meant to attract people to my job, I need my job, losing it would be quite a hardship to me. If the owners had taken the call that my co worker took that night, I would be fired. So I am going to refrain from continuing this thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Is anyone else tired of people posting stories here, then when presented with simple ways of providing us evidence the excuses start coming in?

Her husband finally gets a camcorder, now she won't post evidence? Sound strange to anyone else?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sounds like someone has been inspired by Stephen King's novella '1408' and the recent film by the same name...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Dude my husband did not get a camcorder. He got a regular old camera, it is 3.0 megapixels, he found it in the lost and found at his hotel. It doesn't work. Sorry to let you down. I don't have the bucks to run out and buy a camcorder, if I did I would own one. And I have not been posting in this thread because I had an incident with someone coming into the hotel asking for me and asking about the hotel being haunted. I have said in this thread before that it would put my job in jeapardy to have folks coming in and letting management know I am telling all of you about what goes on here.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Yes I find her accounts to be very credible. She is talking about "shadows" not the apparition of a head floating through her office every night. Everything she has said sounds perfectly plausible to me and I don't see the point in criticizing her.

Even i f she DID manage to get snippets of video you would still find reason to criticize.

Sorry to hear about getting a call like that spacecadet, that is really uncalled for and it would bother me too. Sounds almost malicious, someone could have just sent you a u2u if they had questions. It is not like you are claiming to have the "lost ufo files that will prove everything".

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Thanks for the support Sonya, I know that I have generated interest from some who may be in the area, one in particular who lives only one county over, he has been gracious however in not approaching me or hotel operators, if he has actually come here he has done it discreetly. Events continue to take place that blow my mind, example: our cameras quit working for no apparent reason last week, they just came back online yesterday and I see that on the 3rd floor the lights are flashing from dim to bright. That may not scare a lot of you, but for me, my heart is pounding. There is no good explaination for that to happen. A very large picture, one of the original furninshings of the hotel, fell from the wall, and landed perfectly on the table below it without breaking. I am talking about a 46 inch wide painting in a glass frame. It was recently moved to that wall, securely hung, and for no good reason, fell.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

Aussie, I think I have covered this before but, I work in a haunted hotel, the very last thing I want or would do, is go watch a movie about a haunted hotel. I wouldn't be able to come to work. I work 3rd, I work alone, and I stay scared most of the time already due to what I see and hear.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I am sorry I have not posted on this thread in a while, but I was contacted by an unknown member of ATS, by phone, at the hotel, and it kind of creeped me out, I never meant to attract people to my job, I need my job, losing it would be quite a hardship to me. If the owners had taken the call that my co worker took that night, I would be fired. So I am going to refrain from continuing this thread.

Wow......the person that did it is an idiot.....

Still...if you are interested in borrowing a camera just let me know......totally your call......and no.....I will never pay you a visit unless you agree to it...

By the way.....I was reading recently about the plane crash that happened in New Hope 30+ years ago........I bet that area has interesting activity.....

Please continue to post regarding the incidents.........

Good Luck

[edit on 23-8-2008 by cooper1]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by Sonya610

Thanks for the support Sonya, I know that I have generated interest from some who may be in the area, one in particular who lives only one county over, he has been gracious however in not approaching me or hotel operators, if he has actually come here he has done it discreetly. Events continue to take place that blow my mind, example: our cameras quit working for no apparent reason last week, they just came back online yesterday and I see that on the 3rd floor the lights are flashing from dim to bright. That may not scare a lot of you, but for me, my heart is pounding. There is no good explaination for that to happen. A very large picture, one of the original furninshings of the hotel, fell from the wall, and landed perfectly on the table below it without breaking. I am talking about a 46 inch wide painting in a glass frame. It was recently moved to that wall, securely hung, and for no good reason, fell.

If for some reason you are talking about me......I can assure you I will never do that to you......you were very specific at the begining about it so no.......it was not me......

Actually......I still don't know what hotel you are talking about.....I have been in Rome one time only and I am not very familiar with the area.....

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cooper1

Cooper, I am speaking of you, about the gracious and discreet person, if you have come I wouldn't know it. I beleive you respect my position. I don't think you are the person who called/then came, to the hotel. So you read up on the New Hope stuff? That is one creepy creepy road. You know they have a picture in the daycare, the one near the new Wal Mart , it shows a guy with a gun in the picture with the kids, they guy is in old timey clothes and has a shotgun taller than he is. He was definately not in the picture when it was taken. Dallas does have it's ghosts!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The phone system.
If its hooked up remotely.
Which the camera system being satellite, meaning remotely accessible streaming video, id say the phones would be also hooked up remotely.
People can hack into it and make calls.
And make it do all sorts of crazy stuff.Set off fire alarms ring door phones doorbells etc.
But may not necessarily be able to get and use voice.
Not be able to talk to anyone.But might be able to hear.
But can still program functions in it and make it call people and do weird things.
Without there even being a handset in 129.
And also how did the person from here who called you, get your phone number?
And if you gave it to them, why would you do that if so paranoid about getting into trouble?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

I have not revealed the phone number or exact location of the Hotel. At least one poster has pretty much figured out what hotel it is, he is not sure though. If you are familiar with the area or events it would not be hard at all to know which hotel it is.

About the phones/cameras: all I know about them is what I have told on here. I certainly try to put some kind of perspective on these happenings and make sense of them, but I have also researched why this hotel might be having these goings on and the property itself lends history that would make this location seem like one that would be succeptable to a haunting. I had considered the civil war history in the begining, but blew it off because I didn't know that this was part of the old fort. Now I know it is part of it. From where I am sitting this very moment I can see the levee of the river, where the soldiers approached in the final battle.

I also find it very difficult to explain things like what just happened to me. I went to the bathroom. I can almost see somebody behind me in my periphial vision, I feel them behind me too. But when I turned around there is no one. I go into the breakfast area and hear the door in the back open, and sure enough when I turned on the lights the door is open, it was closed just 30 minutes ago, and no one has gotten up yet and gone in there. I keep seeing someone at the corner of the hall, like they are just sticking their head around the corner, but they dissappear when I look up. Last night I kept hearing doors open and close on the first floor, where I am. Only thing is there weren't any customers on the first floor. It is closed right now so air condition cleaners/repairmen clean all of them out. BTW those guys are staying here until tomorrow, one of them came up to me last night and said they don't like it here, I asked what the problem was and he said his wife keeps seeing things. I asked 'things like what', he said ' she says someone keeps following her, but they ain't there when she looks back. He also said the same thing another customer did about seeing a face form on the window in steam/condensation. It creeped them out.

I think I will bring my little crappy half working 2.0 camera here, see what I can come up with, I want those of you who read here to know that these events are happening, and even if I can't capture anything on film, it will give a perspective of what the place is like.

edit to fix spelling errors

[edit on 25-8-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Pictures are always difficult. You should try to record some evp's. Ask some questions and maybe you will find out something about what is there. I think you might have more success with that. Do you have a digital recorder?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok I understand about the phone call thing now.
Someone being stupid.If they could please not do that again it would be nice.
I just want you to know that many of the things happening there are specifically of a technical nature which are commonly explained especially in old big hotels like this.
Especially old big renovated hotels owned by Indians who don't like to spend to much money on quality.
It would seem that everything from the tv's to the lifts could be running from some attempted cheap automation type computer equipment that you speak of being some large computer hub that you aren't allowed to touch.
More than likely the place is riddled with wiring problems plumbing problems etc that Mr Hindu probably doesn't want to pay to be properly fixed.
However many of the things are not explained by this.
And you trying to get some pictures on this cam of yours would possibly aid in trying explaining them.
However you may simply not be able to get pics of them.As you state you see these things then rewind the camera and nothing is there.
You state you see them out of the corner of your eye then when you look they are gone.
All you can do is try I guess.Im surprised someone hasn't done there own investigations on this already and posted it somewhere.
Sound recording thermal recordings etc im sure in this place would be off the charts.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Which the camera system being satellite, meaning remotely accessible streaming video, id say the phones would be also hooked up remotely.

Lots of businesses use satellite for their credit card processing (megapath, hughes net, or other networks), and they sometimes use that connection to view their camera systems remotely as well. If the hotel has regular internet access (and it probably does) then I don't see why the cameras would be on satellite. It does not mean the phones themselves are remote, they are probably regular land lines.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I had a remodeling management job for a project at a nine floor hotel. The Hotel manager would tell me stories of this guy that jumped off a deck and killed himself. Ever sence there has been weird things happening.

I didn't believe him, but got me was that the floor that this guy jumped from was the hardest to remodel. Everything would get botched up. Stuff would be missing when the sub-contractors returned for the next day. I had a problem that was very frustrating. A simple task of keeping the tv satelite dish opperable for the customer on the newly remodeled floors below was impossible. Someone or something was taking 50 coax splitters every night. This was costing upwards to $500 a week just to keep it running. All the employees where well paid so basicly they wouldn't be stealing them and if someone was steeling them they would take more than one floor not just the one that the guy jumped from.

Well, this was getting way careied away so I was determined to catch the theif. I stayed near the room the guy jumped from and stayed up all night. I was in the hallway to make sure no one entered any rooms. Then I heard a noise in the room behind were I was sitting. I ran inside and nothing was there. I started to think that I was hearing things and while I began to turn back I looked down at the junction box for the coax cable and the damn splitter was missing. I ran to the other room and it was missing also. I ran to all rooms and they all where missing. I was convinced then that it was paranormal ativity. No way someone could of gotten in the all the rooms that fast without me seeing them go room to room.

I shouted out, "OK you worthless peace of sh#$! If you don't stop playing games I'm gonna order that this whole building be demolished and rebuilt!"

I realy didn't think saying that would amount to any good, but it sure felt great to let off some frustrated steam.

After that the floor was just like all others and had no problems with remodeling or missing splitters!

To this day I still think that was so friggin weird!

[edit on 25-8-2008 by MrMysticism]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Lots of businesses use satellite for their credit card processing (megapath, hughes net, or other networks), and they sometimes use that connection to view their camera systems remotely as well. If the hotel has regular internet access (and it probably does) then I don't see why the cameras would be on satellite. It does not mean the phones themselves are remote, they are probably regular land lines.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Sonya610]

No if its a hotel.with 129+ rooms.
They would have pabx key telephone system.Not just exchange lines.
All hooked up to the access control surveillance etc.
TV's would be hooked up to possibly for cable pay per view.
There would be a way into it somewhere.
Probably through the cam server.
Hard to say without seeing it but it would be some set up like this as space cadet has stated some kind of computer cabinets with all the stuff in it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

Pretty weird out there, things missing and such. If things like that in particular were to happen here then I think folks would be reporting more than they do!

Quick update on tonights happenings: I continue to see things move around, I have felt what I beleive to be an entity pass right through me last week as I walked down the hall, my hair stood up and I was covered in goose bumps! We have replaced the old front doors with the new kind that opens as you approach. It is set to open when you get within 52 inches of the door. When I am alone, and only then, I walk out the doors to smoke or check the lot, and when I get to the edge of the walkway, definately more than 52 inches from the door, it opens again. Like somebody else is walking out behind me.

The breakfast area remains a scary place for me, each night I have to go in there and set out the continental breakfast for the guests, and almost every night I get a scare. The store room door opens and closes, last night I unlocked the padlock on it, and had left the room to get supplies and when I walked back in the lock was back on the door, not locked, but just hanging in the latch. Things like that scare me to death, but I am so intrigued by it! In the downstairs ladies room, which is only used by employees and guests renting the banquet hall, I always feel a presence, but it doesn't feel right, I don't like it all, I find myself going to a nearby empty room instead.

I am going to begin posting as regular as my job allows, winter is coming and that is a slow part of the year for us, and the less people in the hotel the more it seems active.

Jesus!!! The magnetic doors all just slammed at once! That was loud! Not the first time for that either! They aren't supposed to let go and close unless a fire alarm is pulled, and of course, no fire alarm has been pulled, the buttons would be red.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I have set out most of breakfast, but not without the napkins falling off the shelf, the cups falling out of a closed door cabinet, walking through several cold spots, and something unusual for even here, cold spots behind the front desk. I usually don't feel that sitting here at the computer, I see all kinds of weird things moving around, those that dissappear before you get a good look, but behind this desk I am safe from it.

I know I keep saying I am going to, but I am going to bring my sh*tty 2.0 camera up here tommorrow night, I cannot upload the images from here, I will have to take the pics and then load them on my home computer, but I hope to have some up by late Sunday night. I will have to come up with a recorder of some kind to do an evp, like suggested by another poster, I really feel that evp recordings might bring some very interesting answers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join