It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Haunting Hotel

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I have been here a few years now, I know that what goes on here is essentially harmless, so I no longer feel brave. But I do feel connected to it. This may sound nuts, but sometimes I think I take it with me.

I haven't been writing on this thread, if you read the whole thing you would see that someone apparently from ATS was coming into here, and calling here, there was a little more to it, anyway I got more scared about all that than anything going on in the hotel!

Let me give this tidbit though, this happened in Aug last year:

We had another death here. A man had called me in the middle of the night, he wanted to book a room, he was a repeat customer, a real a-hole too, although his business was apprecated his attitude was not.

So he complained about not ever getting a 1st floor room, and it his room wasn't cold enough, he wanted me to make sure he would be on the 1st, and I promised him I would go turn the air on myself to make sure it was cool. When this guy would come here, his stay would be for a week at least, anyway after I got off work he had come in, he was all rude to the front desk about his room being right and blah blah blah as usual, she gave him the keys and let him check in even though it was not check in hours. He went to his room. About 15 minutes later the maintenance guy came running down the hall screaming call 911!

The guy was laying in the hallway dead. Of course the 911 workers tried to revive him, but he died. The indian family that own the hotel were freaked out, they didn't want this here, and convinced themselves he died outside the building because his heart had started up breifly while they worked on him.

So I didn't know this had happened. I was off work 3 days, came back to work and no one told me yet.

But I was going down the hall to get me a coke, and across from 109 are the windows looking to the pool area. I saw the guy beside me! I couldn't breath when I turned and he was not really there. I didn't have a clue why I would see that codger! WTH! I came back without getting a drink and was so shook up, I called a co worker and she then told me that what I said scared her, because the guy had died, and he died here!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

ThankYou, Space Cadet, for allowing all of us to know what is happening for updates. Thankyou. (Huggies) and *Bows Deeply*

Oh Yeah! Some week ago, I decided to post into this thread, so it will (and hopefuly) continue to stay on-part of the list of 'recent posts.

I also have enjoyed posting in this thread, back when I was part of ATS. I left ATS for over a year.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Does anybody know of any other Haunted Hotel in the area? Or, is it just that Hotel which is Haunted.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Wow! I was surfing around on here, reading and posting, I looked over at the monitor for the cameras, the lights are on in the housekeeping room, they are usually off, and I got the S**T scared out of me!

A lot of what goes on here has become nothing to me, I am not scared for the most part, just too damn interested to turn away, but OMG!

A woman stuck her face right in the camera, and then just dissappeared! I am going to have to bring this up with the boss tomorrow, he will review it to see who was in there, I want to know WTF!

She was an older black woman, had a scarf or rag tied around her head and she looked mean, or mad! Jeez I am shaking like a leaf! Had to share this one.

edit to add: Sorry I forgot to mention, the room is locked, I have the only key set to it other than the maintenance guy.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by space cadet]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Damn, this is one of the most intense things I've read here on ATS. Your last post really gave me the chills, and I find it very brave of you still working over there. Ofcourse, keep up the good work...if I'm right, there are almost no reports of spirits/entities harming people (but you already stated they were harmless, so...). Forgive me if I'm asking an already answered question, but did you finally manage to get these entities on tape or camera?

Oh, and it's indeed a very good idea not to watch 1408, it's not too realistic either, so it won't bring you any good things :p . Btw, freaky that 1408 = 13, and the added numbers of the room in your hotel make 12. I'd really want to stay there one night! (room 12, not 13
)

Anyway, hang on in there, I'm reading your posts with deep interest!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, my Hindu boss had a look, even though he doesn't think it possible for a ghost to appear in the first place, anyway he said he didn't see anything other than he did see the lights come on, which is rather hard to explain, but he consoled himself that it was possible something slid down the shelf and onto the light switch, he said there were some shoes on the shelf right beside the switch. Yeah right, shoes always slide over and turn the lights on!

The hotel is about half full tonight, I usually see and or hear things more when less people are around, maybe what it really is, is that when I am more busy I don't notice as much.

I am still spooked though from this incident last night, I am going to call the maintenance guy down to go into the banquet hall to lock the doors and turn off the lights, I hate that you have to cross this huge room with the lights off to get back out!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Flagged but have NO idea how to star unless that means to subscribe as that's the only star I see anywhere lol.

LOVE what's going on> i've been a paranormal investigator for 9 years now and have had the honors of working with Steve G from TAPS and the Paranormal Cops from A and E.

This is just amazing. I did have to wince on how ya managed to get hit by a car twice (The odds of that are just a million to one....) and then that house fire that almost happened, etc. I think you either have the worst luck ever or maybe one or more of the ghosts at the hotel are influencing these things to happen to try to get you to get out of there.

I'd love to bring the members of my organization there to investigate. I respect your job however and won't infringe.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Flagged but have NO idea how to star unless that means to subscribe as that's the only star I see anywhere lol.

Press at the empty star at the end of the row blue stars.

I know, I'm amazing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The sun is coming up now, I don't feel as scared now as I have been all night tonight at work. A sense of something bad or wrong took hold last night, and I couldn't shake it. I kept feeling like I was being watched, like someone was right here, right beside me, not uncommon here that is for sure, but I felt restrained to this area, like if I went anywhere else I would face head on whatever it is. I was terrified to go into the breakfast area tonight, seeing fog, lights and other movement in my camera views of that area tonight was exceptional, much more than usual, and it scared me.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. Very interesting. I started reading it last night during my graveyard shift (yup, all alone as well in this office). Just finished up reading today. So many spook factors involved. wow!
Glad to know that you are still working there.

Did "Santa" ever bring you that camara that you asked for? Have you taken any more pictures recently? Seeing that apparition of the man besides you would scare the bejeezus out of me as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

I did get a camera, not for christmas but later for my birthday. I do need to bring it and take some more pictures.

Last night, there was so much 'smoke' on the camera view for the top floor of the hotel, I called the maintenance guy to have him check. I watched him walk out into the hall and through the smoke, it parted as he walked through it. I had my fingers ready to dial 911, but he went back to his room and called to say it was clear and quiet. I am always amazed.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
A few of tonight's goings on:

I just got a call from a room, they were complaining that someone keeps knocking on their window, I reminded them they are on the top floor of the hotel. There is absolutely only 1 way that could happen, someone on a very, very tall ladder, and I do not see a ladder. This is not the 1st time of window knocking being reported to me from upper floors.

Another report:

Room lights keep going on and off, TV too. I sent maintenance, nothing happened while he was in there. Guest called again, said their phone is ringing over and over but no one is there when they answer, also TV and lights still going crazy. I moved them, they were in 129.

Another room complained of loud radio in the room next to them, I checked and there is no one in the room next to them. I went up and checked it though, no radio is on, I stood in the hall for a while and listened, didn't hear a peep.

There is a heavy fog over the area tonight, making it look and feel much more eerie than usual for me. Bumps and other noises are taking their toll on me tonight, I am as jumpy as I can be. Suprising too, because I don't usually see or hear much when the hotel is busy.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
After being here this long and trying to figure out what is going on, I have come to the conclusion that it is a combination of events, not just one event, that has begun this haunting. This land was deeply involved during the civil war, I can throw a rock at the levy where the last battle was lost. There are stories I have heard now of this property sitting on the old original road, one that countless Indians were brought down during the trail of tears, once thought to have never seen this area it was proven that indeed, they were brought through here, and many died, some escaped in this area. Also that road, which extends into Alabama, was called 'skull alley', a reference to the dangers it held for those who dared to come down it. Deaths have also occured just in front of the hotel, pedestrian and auto related deaths. I myself was run over by a car in the parking lot a couple of years ago on the 4th of July, by a hit and run driver.

The manager's son, a reported suicide, is another event I have previously discussed on this thread.

2 Pool drownings, also previously discussed.

And most recently, a man who died in the hallway of a heart attack.

IMO a lot of deaths have occurred here, and if impressions are left behind at the scene of death, then this is what goes on here.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm sorry I don't read all. I skip most of the stories after I realize they're dated 2 years ago and like youngblood said previously, they are just stories. I just want to clarify one thing. You have stated the owner's mother had warned his sons not to let anyone stay in room 129. You also mention your GM which you refer as she ( the owner's daughter i assume ) let her deceased son to stay in that room. Your GM should have some knowledge about the room stories before and the warning of the owner's mother. But still she let her son stay and died there? I'm a bit confused here.

You are frighten. Many things that you have see are from the corner of your eyes. Just a glimpse of what you think it might be. It's understandable. I also see things when I'm alone and feel frighten at night. But the moment my mind is elsewhere like busy playing online games, reading this forum, watching movies and listening to my favorite songs, the feeling and whatever things that i thought i might see, doesn't exist anymore. Try to put your mind to something else. You wont be experiencing things when you are too busy. Sometimes it just your mind and eyes playing tricks on you.

About the phone calls, the police that come to investigate that day must be already aware by this strange phenomenon. Is there any follow up investigation? Nothing much to explain about the camera and the phone calls as we here are lacking of clues except your stories. I'm not demanding solid evidences. I understand your hotel management trying to be discreet. But thanks again for sharing.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I went through all the pages and read everything and I think most of the electrical phenomenon can be explained, but if everything you've said is true, then I would stay away from 129 as well. Also the things you see in your peripheral vision are common occurrences, which are essentially tricks on your eyes. The feeling of having something behind you can also be explained, as myself and others I know can make themselves feel as though there's an entity in the room at will. Try thinking that someone could be behind you, but you're not sure, and don't look back, eventually it can seem as though something may be behind you, and you will be inclined to look at you start to feel a little eerie.

Aside from those possibilities, I highly enjoyed reading your thread

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Space Cadet thanks for keeping this post going for so long. I can kinda relate because i work the night shift at a hotel as well, i'm the security officer haha so at least im not alone but still have seen/heard many strange things i'll have to post at a latr date gotta head in right now but jus wanted to say thanks and keep it comein

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeah,
I enjoyed reading this thread while SC was actively working on it.
I wish she would start it up again.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I haven't posted in a while,sorry to those of you who have followed the thread. Tonight and last night were very active nights, I felt I needed to write about it. I have seen a full color apparition. For a very long time now it has only been out of the corner of my eye, but last night it was as plain and in front of me as this computer is right now. He was definately wearing a blue uniform top, lots of brass buttons on it, he had on grey pants. His face is not clear, like you can see everything but the face. He was the tallest man I have ever seen. I have yet to look up the colors for the north and south during the civil war, it will be interesting to know what side he was on, but I am positive that is the era he is from. He walks up the hall into the lobby, and dissappears. I am no longer afraid of him, I realize he doesn't even see me. He is just walking a path, apparently the same path over and over. He stops and pulls his pants up, and then walks right into the lobby.

It is time for me to set out breakfast for the guests, I am sure that when I am putting out the coffee, I will see him again, that seems to always be when he appears. I do wonder why though, he has been so fleeting up until now, why is he so clear? Anyone got a guess for that?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Ok, so this is a few nights later, and I have not even seen him from the corner of my eye in the last nights. I am smelling something though, this is new. It is a strong odor of cologne, I am sure there is no one nearby, I have the cameras on as always, but the scent is very very strong, and for some reason familiar. It is reminding me of my father, although I am not sure what he wore. Once again I am left wondering, is the building or is it me?

My home has been 'clear' since I moved in. No sounds no site, no feelings, and recently I have had some things happening, one that terrified me, I was on a long distance call from my home phone, talking with a friend about a family situation that included what help I could get for my niece, she is suffering with schizophrenia and won't take her meds, she had told me a horrid story about finding her father's dead body, and it's description, very detailed. I was telling my friend that I was not sure if she was telling me the truth or if this is another delusion, when we both heard a man's voice clearly say 'I'm here' and then make growling sounds. It scared us both so bad, I couldn't move for a minute, when I did I slammed the phone down! Shortly after that I could smell cologne, definately men's. This is just an example of why I wonder do I attract this or is it location.

Anyway, I have been writing a few minutes now, and the smell is still here, I hear all kinds of sounds right now, but looking at the camera's I see no one. No doors are opening to explain the sound of doors closing.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
great stuff keep it comin SC thanks

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join