Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A Haunting Hotel

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
A very odd phone call the other night, I was mislead on a call to believe that I was talking to a person who was going to begin work here, in housekeeping, and they needed to know what to wear. They gave me the full name of the head housekeeper, said they had completed an interview, and was to start in the morning. They gave their name as well. It was a woman, who told me that she used to be a man, very recently, and had a sex change. They said that they were not sure what a female housekeeper would wear, and asked a million questions about that. I was not sure about any of this because we have been cutting hours, I wouldn't think they would be hiring at this time, and quite honestly the person didn't sound stable, and began to lean towards personal questions that I was not at all comfortabe with so I let them go, telling them I was too busy to continue the call. She/he called back, and wanted to know if I was still busy, I said I was and told her that there was really nothing else I could tell her, it is just a uniform. She called back and apologized for bothering me. Next morning the head housekeeper came in as I was getting off, I told her about the calls, and she laughed and said somebody was pranking me, but I told her they mentioned her by her full name, she asked what their name was, and almost hit the floor when I told her. The name is the same as her sister in law's, she said they didn't have much to do with her because 'the family never agreed with her lifestyle'. I had to ask, and yep, the lifestyle was that 'she' was really a 'he', and although they had never had an operation, she/he told people that they did. The sister in law/brother in law went missing and was found murdered in Atlanta Ga. She/he used to work here, the head housekeeper has worked in this building for over 20 years, and she said around 10 years ago she helped her/him to get a job here, it didn't work out, and he/she was fired. But the head housekeeper's husband died just 3 weeks ago, and had told her just before he died that he wished he had told his brother that he loved him or had reached out to him, it was weighing heavy on him as he was dying.

Now, I don't propose that the call WAS in fact a call from the grave, however, I cannot dismiss the coincidences either, and, the head housekeeper thanked me up and down for telling her about the calls, she thinks it was her sign that her husband and his brother are together and all is forgiven. I dunno, now I just don't want to answer the phone!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That's just f*ckin bizarre...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Thank You to you, Space Cadet, for posting the Paranormal Post(s).

You could ask him/her/it, if he/she/it is a (spirit)? *shrugs* If you can get him/her to phone again, askif he/she can make some money appear!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That is really bizarre!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I am hating my job tonight. It is so cold in here, the tv won't play any volume for some reason, and the little space heater behind the desk feels more like an air conditioner! It is soo quiet and I can hear every sound, including the wind whipping between the buildings, it is such and eerie sound. It is around 10 degrees outside tonight, should drop down to about 7 or less.

I haven't talked with anyone else about the call, I am feeling rather funny about working here anymore, too much goes on. Like just the sound I just heard, a loud bang in the banquet room, there is nothing in there to make that niose, but it is mt job to go check.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Morning Space Cadet.
Sorry its spooky there this morning.
I can sympathize.
I work 5pm to 8 am at an oilfield machinery company doing service and support on the phones.
15 hours alone in a quiet building gets a bit spooky. We are next door to a graveyard and have some stories as well. Nothing even close to yours though. You've got quite the goosebump factory there.
I've enjoyed reading your posts. Don't feel too alone. There are quite a few that look forward to reading what you have to say.

If we could go hang out with you there in the wee hours of the morning to see some of these things and keep you company we would.

Keep a stiff upper lip.

BP

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I am hating my job tonight. It is so cold in here, the tv won't play any volume for some reason, and the little space heater behind the desk feels more like an air conditioner! It is soo quiet and I can hear every sound, including the wind whipping between the buildings, it is such and eerie sound. It is around 10 degrees outside tonight, should drop down to about 7 or less.

I haven't talked with anyone else about the call, I am feeling rather funny about working here anymore, too much goes on. Like just the sound I just heard, a loud bang in the banquet room, there is nothing in there to make that niose, but it is mt job to go check.

(Hugs Space Cadet) Don't Quit you job, because nowadays life in America is getting harder if lose job.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I have mentioned before that I work as an auditor for a hotel chain, I work nights, and I have been hearing and seeing things at this particular hotel for quite some time now. Let me tell you how it all started. About 3 nights after my training ended I was working alone when the switchboard went off , showing it was room 129 calling. I answered and no one replied. Although I was new at this hotel, my hubby had worked this one and I knew from him that 129 was the room the maintenance guy was in. Again the room calls the front, but no one speaks when I answered. Ok, I figure this guy is drunk or something, try to ignore, but it keeps calling me and he wouldn't say anything. Well, I finally got pissed and went to his door, knocked very loudly, and he wouldn't answer. I went back up to the front, I was going to get the master key and go back, when I got back to the front, the room was calling again! I told him I was tired of this, to stop calling me, the line hung up. Silence. For about 15 minutes. Then the alarms sounded to notify me that someone from a room had just called the police, 911. It was showing room 129. The police automatically dispatched a unit to the hotel, standard procedure, I gave them a master key, and they went to the room. Before they arrived however, the room called 911 3 more times, the operator at 911 called me and wanted to know who was in that room, I told her the maintenance guy. The police knocked and got no answer, then entered the room. There wasn't anyone in there. The room was empty and clean. I called the general manager to report what was going on, and the police wanted to verify the maintenance guy's name, but the manager said there was no one staying in that room, the maintenance guy was fired the week before I came. Throughout the night the phone called 911 and the front desk, total of 33 calls to 911. Next day they phone company came and checked the line, didn't find a problem, said put another phone in the room. We did. For a week that phone randomly called the front desk, 911, and other rooms in the hotel. They took the phone out of the room altogether, and it still called. How? No one knew. We don't rent that room out, housekeepers and maintenance stay in there when we have a full house, the reason we don't rent it? You cannot get warm in there. Aside from the window unit, which is just like every other unit in this 105 room hotel, there is an additional space heater that the housekeepers who do stay in there use, because they all say it is freezing in there. This was just the begining of the things I and others have seen, heard, and experienced here. First question I had was of course, has anyone died in there? Yes. And 2 drownings in the pool. Both drownings were guests who were staying in, you guessed it, 129. Gotta get busy for a minute, I will be back to talk about some of the other incidents.

i wish all the paranormal people could live with me

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
my mom leaves next to a witch she says she sees big bug that disapear to is some one messing with witch craft witchs call them guides but they are demons you need to have a preacher come in and pray in that room. you can even pray in the name of Jesus just try it.

iv never seem one but I have felt them they even wispered in my ear to deny God I told him to leave I Believe in Jesus christ it worked and one time I was sing to a christian tap i have when we were camping in was in my trailer when it same to the song we exalt thee
it kept on turning on and off my tape I was young and didnt know what to do But I felt that evil it didnt like me singing praise to God at all. when I got out of the trailer it went through the whole song. Thank |God we dont have that trailer.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by christianlove

I haven't mentioned the 'bugs' in a while, but they are a regular occurence here, you see them all the time. Also that feeling of someone being directly behind you, it is overwhelming. Sorry I haven't been posting much, I was out sick and then had plumbing problems, today we woke to a fire in my home. It was a small place burning below the space heater, but so dangerous because it was a gas leak at the knob, and it had ignited and burning the floor. If not for getting up early to see the plumber, I would have been sleeping in a room with no windows right behind the fire. I can't stop thinking about how much calamity was avoided.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
SO what happened... no update for a while... Do you still work there...?

Regards

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
SpaceCadet.....where are you...come back...come...baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
How is the Hotel now, Space Cadet?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It is as creepy as always, still seeing strange images on the video at night, smokey images in the halls, I still see the 'bugs' out of the corner of my eyes all the time, I saw an image in the mirror, hanging on the wall in the breakfast room, the old lounge, it was a lady in period clothing for possibly the civil war era, I did not see this while looking in the mirror, I saw it on video, looking at the mirror. So many other things.......

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

It is as creepy as always, still seeing strange images on the video at night, smokey images in the halls, I still see the 'bugs' out of the corner of my eyes all the time, I saw an image in the mirror, hanging on the wall in the breakfast room, the old lounge, it was a lady in period clothing for possibly the civil war era, I did not see this while looking in the mirror, I saw it on video, looking at the mirror. So many other things.......

THAT IS INCREDIBLE! If you are seeing in on the video- can you record this video and post on ATS?!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Although I have access to view live video from 27 different cameras I do not have the authority to rewind, or transfer in any way, anything on it. It is satelite, it 'records' without any type of disc, but it takes a management password to do anything with it other than watch live. I did used to have a password to rewind and review, but due to a police matter involving a guest only the mangager has access and passwords.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I knew something was telling me to check in on this thread...I love reading your posts...like a living novel...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
A lady and her daughter came in a while ago, maybe an hour or so, they checked in and asked for a discount, no AAA or AARP, they told me their mother was in the hospital and was not doing well, they came for what they expect to be her last moments.

As they were checking in ( this was a mother and daughter, 3 generations total) the mom was visibly shaken up, her daughter trying to support her, it was a scene I am familiar with and sympathetic to.

I have to admit, tonight it is very boring and I am tired, and I had fallen asleep

I was dreaming about a boatride of sorts, it was like it was on land and then went into the water, there were about 20 people on it, everyone having a great time, it splashed water on us when it hit the water.....
The mother and daughter caught me sleeping, the strange thing is, they said they were at Stone Mountian Park when they got the call, the mother was telling me they were on this ride, it is like a big truck that turns into a boat....

somebody get me a drink.....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This room 129 in your hotel reminds me of room 237 in the movie The Shining...sounds like bad news. Maybe you should get the room boarded up or something to prevent anyone from going inside.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Space Cadet, hi- you are very brave! and I have enjoyed this thread

- are you in Rome Georgia did you say?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join