It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prickley Feeling..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't know what it is, but sometimes I have a prickling sensation. As if someone is sticking little needles all over my body. It's been going on for about a year and a half, usually at random. Sometimes I find that it happens more often when i'm down. Can it be stress induced, or...what? I don't know, I never bothered to go in for it, simply because it hasn't really affected me in any major way. It just gets annoying, and sometimes irritating.

Any clues?!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm not a doctor or anything, but I'd do a search on "bad circulation" or see if there is a full body disorder similar to restless leg syndrome... Honestly I really couldn't tell you, but if I had to guess I'd say it's something with your circulatory system... Do you smoke? if so how much? Do you exercise? if so how much? Do you eat healthy? If not what do you eat? History of heart disease? I mean there are a lot of unknowns here... However, maybe my response can offer you somewhere to start and then maybe a doctor could tell you what's up... Shoot it might even be a problem with your spine... Have you tried any medications or therapies? Anyway, good luck and hope you get better!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hi There!

I have experienced the same thing in the past and have narrowed it down to one thing, sugar intake. It took me a while to make the connection and once I backed off of the sugar, the sensation stopped.

This of course is one option to consider and weigh against your problem, if you are taking in sweets, cokes, etc. Usually in large amounts.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I never really had any health problems aside from stress. I had my gullbladder taken out last year, my pancreas was enflamed to 3000. I've had this problem probably about a year before that.

Ugh, no history of heart problems.
I do smoke! How much I smoke depends on how much cash I have in my back pocket. I used to smoke a pack and a half a day, but narrowed it down to a quarter or half.
I exercise on a regular basis. Walking to school, to work, from. I walk up hills both ways. So i'm good in that area.
I don't eat that much, but I DO drink alot of soda. So maybe the sugar theory makes sense. I'm not sure! I'll try to cut back on habits, and see how that helps. If side-affects still remain, i'll consider getting a check up.

Thanks to those who posted!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

apc

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
I walk up hills both ways.

In the snow with no shoes, I bet.

Sorry... had to.

Nerve damage from diabetes can cause this. If your pancreas took a blow...
Also overexposure to sunlight, but with how long it's been that's doubtful. I'd see a doctor to be safe. If nothing else stop drinking soda for a couple weeks and see what happens. If you don't eat much and get all your energy from sugar and caffeine who knows what strange problems could manifest.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by apc]

top topics

join