It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hoaxers hoax......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
One thing I'd like to add to my statement above.

If you see something in here, for instance, an image that some say looks like a bigfoot walking across the surface of Mars; don't take their word for it. Download the image, blow it up, and decide for yourself what it looks like. A great way to look at things is to change the perspective. Rotate the image upside down.

Is it just rocks and shadows?
Or does it still look like bigfoot?

It's like the image of the fish head on Mars that a ATS poster found. I Photoshoped that image every which way I could and it still looks like a fish head. Sometime's you never know.....

Redd.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Spacevisitor, with all due respect, there are no such things as EBE's (Extraterrestrial Biological Entities) visiting our planet and I think it's high time that those of you who believe in such childish fantasies come to grips with the fact that those whom we are calling ET's of one sort or another are a form of non-human "consciousness" from here or other planets out there and that such "intelligences" are not from the physical biological dimension that we exist on, for example, but rather, they are from those dimensions that are non-physical that lie outside of our own where the only thing that's separating us from "them" is frequency and vibration.

And how do we know that there are not any EBE's visiting our planet? We know this because there's absolutely ZERO proof and not one shred of evidence that supports that EBE's are visiting our planet.

That there are those who saying that there are EBE's visiting here and that some are even living here has been proven to be false over and over again (no proof and no evidence) and it just boggles my mind how many of you continue to uphold that such beings are here just for it's entertainment value if anything else but most of us here are more interested in the truth... and not fiction.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I think you should not say that in the "Aliens & UFOs" forum.

I hope you have prepared yourself to the attacks that may come your way.

Good luck, you will probably need it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I think you should not say that in the "Aliens & UFOs" forum.

I hope you have prepared yourself to the attacks that may come your way.

Good luck, you will probably need it.

Um... ArMap, I've been here almost 2 years now and this is what I've been saying since the day I joined.
At any rate I think the truth is vastly more fascinating than anything that's made-up. Why many people here are clinging to ridiculous sci-fi stories and are saying that such stories are in fact true... when they are clearly NOT, just blows my mind!!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I know, but it may be new to some less polite members. I hope that I am wrong this time.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I suppoose that if Hoaxers did't hoax, they'd
be called Ers... or as they around here, 'er in doors'!

Bur seriously though, is it me or are the lights too bright
in here.
Al... stop sneakin' up on me.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thanks ArMap but just remember this... THE TRUTH ALWAYS PREVAILS!

Multidimensionality is the keyword here where it's very clear that EBE should be changed to EME. We are not dealing with entities who are from the physical realms of our world or any other world.

These beings, IMHO should be called Extraterrestrial Materialized Beings... EME's and the ones who are native to our planet should/could be called EBME's (Earth-based Materialized Entities)
And as a side note, it's NOT possible to perform autopsies on these "intelligences".

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There are blurred photos of aliens and their respective ships, which you are refusing as proof of alien visitation.
BUT, you also have blurred photos of your dimensional entities which you are holding up as proof.

Is this a case of 'my imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend'?

I do believe in aliens by the way, and I do believe they visit us. If some of them decide to phase out of dimension so they can spy on Palsheea, thats up to them.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Some Hoax because they think its "fun", but its sort of an evil fun, just like creating a computer virus.

BUT! theres a segment out there that WANTS disinformation to be spread because it keeps a veil over the eyes.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Spacevisitor, with all due respect, there are no such things as EBE's (Extraterrestrial Biological Entities) visiting our planet

Hi Palasheea, if that is your personal opinion I respect that, but I don’t agree with you.

and I think it's high time that those of you who believe in such childish fantasies

For me personally it aren’t childish fantasies, but grown-up realities.

that those whom we are calling ET's of one sort or another are a form of non-human "consciousness" from here or other planets out there and that such "intelligences" are not from the physical biological dimension that we exist on, for example, but rather, they are from those dimensions that are non-physical that lie outside of our own where the only thing that's separating us from "them" is frequency and vibration.

Interesting remarks you make here, but some of them come definite from our reality of existence, our universe so to speak, our physical biological dimension as you described it, and others definite from other dimensions.
So in my opinion you are half way the truth.

And how do we know that there are not any EBE's visiting our planet? We know this because there's absolutely ZERO proof and not one shred of evidence that supports that EBE's are visiting our planet. The ETH theory has been proven to be false over and over again yet it just boggles my mind how many of you continue to uphold it just for it's entertainment value if anything else but most of us here are more interested in the truth... and not fiction.

Again I respect your opinion but I don’t agree with you, there is absolute evidence that supports the reality that EBE's are visiting our planet, for now and for a very long time.

The only thing I would like to add is that I assure you that your “steady as a rock” vision of today will be definitely shattered tomorrow.

I wish you well.

[edit on 30/3/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
I have wondered for some time now why hoaxers create hoax pictures and videos of ET. I understand that they want attention.

Hi Finn1916,

I'm finishing an article at the moment about various photos and videos of "UFOs"/"aliens".

As part of that article, I've made contact with the individuals that created several infamous videos and photos.

The motives of these individuals have varied considerably.

Many created material simply for a laugh.

Others have described themselves as artists.

Several described their motives as scientific, with the hoax designed to investigate the methods of the UFO community and levels of gullibility.

Some others creators of UFO videos and photos were motivated by money.

In short, there are quite a few reasons why hoaxers hoax.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Spacevisitor,

Actually, I do believe in the ETH theory but not in the way that you do in that I don't think EBE's are visiting us... only EME's.

And all I'm hearing from you is talk and no proof or evidence to back anything up.

This said though, certainly if we find out that EBE's are actually visiting our planet then I will of course change my opinion on this.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

And all I'm hearing from you is talk and no proof or evidence to back anything up.

You said that those of you who believe in such childish fantasies come to grips, so do you expect then that I try to change that opinion with in my opinion valid evidence, I don’t understand you here.
But can you point me to the proof or evidence to back anything up in your own remarks here then?

Spacevisitor, with all due respect, there are no such things as EBE's (Extraterrestrial Biological Entities) visiting our planet and I think it's high time that those of you who believe in such childish fantasies come to grips with the fact that those whom we are calling ET's of one sort or another are a form of non-human "consciousness" from here or other planets out there and that such "intelligences" are not from the physical biological dimension that we exist on, for example, but rather, they are from those dimensions that are non-physical that lie outside of our own where the only thing that's separating us from "them" is frequency and vibration.

And how do we know that there are not any EBE's visiting our planet? We know this because there's absolutely ZERO proof and not one shred of evidence that supports that EBE's are visiting our planet. That there are EBE's visiting our planet and that some are even living here has been proven to be false over and over again (no proof and not evidence) and it just boggles my mind how many of you continue to uphold that such beings are here just for it's entertainment value if anything else but most of us here are more interested in the truth... and not fiction.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Mark R.

At least I have something to show where you are showing nothing and that you are saying that Dorothy Izatt's images are not showing anything significant even though Dr. J. A.Hynek and other well known names in Ufology have unanimously agreed that her images are what she claims them to be where they believe she is in contact with extraterrestrial intelligences that are not of our dimension.. that you are so arrogant to dismiss her work just because you are a crop circle hoaxer is hilarious to say the least! Really got a chuckle out of that one!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU Mark... and have a nice day!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have not run any real hoaxes myself but I think I can understand a hoaxer mind to some extent, I think the reason they hoax is because they like to stir up the bees nest, watching people clammour all around speculating, thinking maybe their hoax will become strong evidence that will last far into the future. Become a name like Nostradamus or have a powerful effect into the future on how people view the world, to be more than just another person in this life living out his days in monotony.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am surprised more by the quality of the so called hoax posts here.

It seems like most are what might be called 'level 1'. Just a description of an event or alleged knowledge of inside information. One would assume the poster just wants to watch the reactions but many seem to want the attention from forum members. They seem to overlook the fact that they will need thick skin if attention is the desire. Even a small amount of research would have made that obvious. Most of the time these posters bail after crying foul. I guess they are either unprepared or underestimate them self.

I would think they would at less go to 'level 2' and create some material and submit it, sit back, and watch the action. I suppose ego also enters and the poster can't resist involving them self. At least people spend more time researching and actually discussing the facts.

I thought the best 'bang for the buck' were the those along the lines of 'Issac - Caret' and may be a drone or two. Of course these may be not hoaxes at all but if they are they have certainly received much attention and research. A person willing to just watch the action would be reaping a big reward as he/she stays separated from the debate.

Bottom line is that good hoaxing is more effort then these people are generally willing to put into their attempt and thankfully so.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I posted a thread on this ages ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought duplicate threads wern't allowed *shrugs*

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And you're saying theres no room in your beliefs for both?

I thought I was supposed to be the closed minded!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Hamlet Act I, Scene V

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU Mark... and have a nice day!

Live long and prosper

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Who really cares if your hoax is a hoax or not. Either way - your post is in extremely poor taste and immature. If you are telling the truth about being a hoaxer, then you plainly don't deserve your membership here IMHO.

As the saying goes, "If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem".

[edit on 30/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hello everyone and good evening, My theory on this is that there is two basic types of hoaxers primarily, the non-serious and the serious types, the first type that i call the non-serious is the type of person who take nothing or at least very little about life in general serious and therefore find pleasure in poking fun at issues that others may find important and substantial, these are the type of people who are generally imature and and suffer from low self asteem and therefore find it gratifying polluting the waters so to speak of other peoples interest, like the bully and prankster types back high school.

The second type, the serious type is the type of person who takes life a little or a lot too serious and is generally on a constant ego trip and happens to have an interest in the ufo/et phenomona and really wants to find that golden goose we all would love to find ( which is solid evidence in the form of video/audio, documants, witnesses, etc..) but does not, like most of us do not, so therefore being the serious egotistical type that cannot deal with failure by any means looks to the hoax to fuel that ego by way of praise and attention.

Out of the two types i feel that the non-serious type is less of an overall problem because although an obvious pest is basically a jokester without serious intent and is short lived, but the serious type is much more of a threat to the research community because these people work much harder at making they're hoax completely convincing so to not be found out and therefore damaging that prescious ego and will work as hard and as long as they can to keep the believers in they're hijinx believing.

And one more thing, there is the dillusional type of hoaxer also but these poor souls are people with mental dissability's and whose shortcomings are useually discovered quickly and easily so not a problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join