It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from a masonic bible! Nearly 100 years old!*pics*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This Bible was published in 1910, to my knowledge. It belonged to my great grandfather, a mason, and it was passed to him by his father.

It has over 70 pages dealing with King Solomons temple, the first three degrees of masonry and rituals, as well as different terms in masonry. aside from that it is a typical KJ bible. The pages are gilded.

Here are some scans, I plan on taking pictures when i find my USB cable.

I'm considering selling it, so if anyone has any knowledge about book collecting,buying, and selling, please U2U me.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Before you sell it, please, would you do for all of us that favor, and you scan the pages, and publish those to some blog or website, that we can all read that nice book you have? Quit interesting it would be... Please!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I plan to have all 70 pages of the mason related stuff in a zip file with a week. Wheres the best place to host it? Rapidshare? if anyone has webspace id love to send the files to be hosted.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
really cool, thank you for sharing it. i would love to see the zip file, lets us know if you find a place to host it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Post it to Scribd.com where people can download the PDF or view it online.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by dforty3]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Man I really wish I were more computer literate, I am dying to see these! If anyone can put up a link to where he places the rest of these pages I sure would appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Great, another way of leading Christians off the straight and narrow path by inserting their own language into the bible. Nice.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Straighten Arrow

Please. lol

There is nothing "Inserted" at all. I have one of these (granted it is much newer) that was given to me after my 3°. It has, like it says, a frontispeice that gives some information on topics that are touched on in the degrees. Because, as we've been saying, the ritual is based on the Bible; the "Great Light in Masonry." Not only are there quotes from the scriptures in the degrees themselves, but in the lectures that accompany the degrees there are many biblical stories that are referenced. So it makes sense that there would be some additional information to help in the study of those things. Nothing sinister, I assure you.

One of these days I may get around to scanning the relevant pages, so you can see for yourself. It's nothing secret.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
Great, another way of leading Christians off the straight and narrow path by inserting their own language into the bible. Nice.

As Axeman said, this is simply not the case. You are mis-reading what has been said. Even the OP, owner of the Bible in question, noted that it's a King James Version. Nothing...NOTHING from Genesis to Revelation is any different from any other copy of the so-called "authorized" King James Version of the Holy Bible.

The Holman Company produced a number of this type Bible for many years. Some of the others were for other branches of Freemasonry, such as the Royal Arch, complete with a Royal Arch emblem, some for the Kinghts Templar, the Order of the Eastern Star, etc.

But they also produced them for other fraternities. I've seen them for the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, the Knights of Pythias, the Knights of the Golden Eagle, etc. Nothing but KJV Bibles with a bit of history of the organization it was produced for in the front.

Masonic Bibles are still around.

www.klitzner.com...

www.lostword.com...

and just because there are so called "Masonic" Bibles, many people think that's proof we're a religion. But, again, that simply isn't so. Here's an interesting article about that for anyone interested.

www.masonicinfo.com...

[edit on 30-3-2008 by senrak]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
First of all, thanks for sharing that... what a neat thing you have there. If you decide to keep it, please do some research on the proper care of old books, so it doesn't deteriorate.

As others have mentioned, the Masonic Bible is just a King James Version Bible with some footnotes that relate to the degrees. In my area, at least, every new Master Mason is given one. The KJV is not my favorite Bible translation (it has wonderful poetic English, but the translation contains many mistakes) but I do like to look through mine sometimes because the footnotes can be interesting.

It's no big secret, anyone can buy one:
www.freemasonstore.com...

You don't even have to be a Mason.... but if you haven't been through the degrees, the notes probably won't make much sense to you.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'll probably keep it, Not worth all that much money.
I'll put up more scans today! I promise.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here You go pictures of the book, more scans coming soon!

I'm Working on the PDF/zip file still.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just wanted to let everyone who is following this thread know that things are still coming along and im still working on putting a file together, Im short on time lately.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I as well have one that was given to my grandfather in 1942. I will not sell it because it was the only thing of his that was given to me when he died.
I am not a mason but i greatly enjoy it's texts however by accident there are 3 pages missing out of Jeremiah.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sounds very intresting. Cant wait for more pics!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow

I guess you only read the old Hebrew and Greek versions, then. An English version would be leading you off the straight and narrow path by your own argument.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing
I checked Ebay but I am unsure if any of the books listed are similar or the same as yours. I would hold onto it were I you as it seems to be a nice piece of family history.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I agree. You should hold on to that book and never let it go. Not only is it part of family hitory, its just something valueable to pass to your kids and so on. I do have a question about one of the pictures. PT2, the third pic, is there any text about what it illistrates?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schwarzwald22

I'm guessing that's a representation of King Solomon's Temple. The entrance at the bottom would be the west. The bits in the middle and closer to the top would be the sanctum sanctorum where the Ark of the Covenant was kept.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
its supposed to be king solomons temple. More to come soon. sorry guys ive been real busy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join