It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jesus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Seriously. Can anyone honestly tell us who this man was?

No peaking in your history books either and no cheating by using the bible.

Who here has seen him? Who here has denied him 3 times?

What if he had died by getting his head lobbed off instead? Would that have made a substantial difference in his testimony?

Would he have come back carrying his own head to show Thomas the doubter?

These are all interesting questions, so lets mix it up and see just who he was.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
he's one of the few doods who got it right. loved for his willingness to love everyone, hated for his followers unwillingness to do the same.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
he's one of the few doods who got it right. loved for his willingness to love everyone, hated for his followers unwillingness to do the same.

except for those money changers in the temple. Perhaps that was an act or even a trick of sorts?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think that might fall under that hate the sin not the sinner category. Punishment out of love, for the sake of the punished.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

So Jesus did not like merchants in the church, yet a lot of the church has become a business empire.

I also see churches with bookstores in them to sell merchandise.

Isn't that the same thing?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
yea, it's very odd. I can't imagine Jesus would be that happy about how his teachings have spread. It's the antithesis of what he stood for.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well my own personal view is that the person Jesus existed . But the religious tales that surround him are complete BS . People don't come back to life or perform miracles . As for Jesus appearance it would have more like the people of the ME region rather then the image portrayed by religion .

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ben alot of that money goes to homeless and to church repairs if not all of it...

The fact is that we do not know or you do not know what they do with the money but I do because I am involved in that stuff..

whoever keeps profits for themsleves when they are not supposed to are hypocrites...

" If Jesus head was cut off "

It wasn't though....

alot of the history Ben comes from saints lives who actually seen God.. Like I said read about the Angel in my signature... There are 1,000 and even 100,000s like this who have seen what she has..

I myself have seen God do supernatural things and this from being someone who grew up without God or church....

peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There really isn't a reason to give to your church when you're capable of giving to the people they help yourself.

Do you know who Jesus is?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

He's the creator (not was but is), however there's no salvation in being brought to a doctrinal belief of who he is. A man must be born again to see his kingdom.

No peaking in your history books either and no cheating by using the bible.

Why? The law and prophets testify of him and you ask below if he was beheaded, would it affect his testimony. One must resort to the law which he fulfilled in order to show why he couldn't have been beheaded.

Who here has seen him?

Who here perceives him?

Who here has denied him 3 times?

As many as are with sin.

A man can't even come to him unless he is drug by force. Let alone agree with him.

What if he had died by getting his head lobbed off instead? Would that have made a substantial difference in his testimony?

Sure. Not a bone is to be broken in the passover lamb.

Would he have come back carrying his own head to show Thomas the doubter?

Irrelevant.

These are all interesting questions, so lets mix it up and see just who he was.

Seek to find out who he is not was.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well my own personal view is that the person Jesus existed . But the religious tales that surround him are complete BS . People don't come back to life or perform miracles . As for Jesus appearance it would have more like the people of the ME region rather then the image portrayed by religion .

You bring up a good point that I have often thought about. I, for the most part, consider the gospels to be a spiritual message. This means I interpret them as not actually happened but it all has a hidden meaning, but I really have overlooked all the miracles parts.

If I interpret it all to be spiritual, then I must also conclude the miracles must also have a dual meaning.

Now, take for example the blind man at the well/washing pool. One of Jesus miracles was that he made the blind man see. He did this by mixing saliva with dirt from the ground and rubbing it in his eyes. The blind man then claims to be able to see.

Perhaps no miracle was performed here at all in the physical sense, but that he was spiritually blind. Jesus comes along and rubs mud over his eyes so he cannot see physically and the guy finds the interpretation that he can now see spiritually because his two eyes no longer see the world.

In a sense, Jesus did no great work here, but just opened a mans eyes to the spiritual world by denying him his eye sight.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Ben alot of that money goes to homeless and to church repairs if not all of it...

The fact is that we do not know or you do not know what they do with the money but I do because I am involved in that stuff..

whoever keeps profits for themsleves when they are not supposed to are hypocrites...

I thought this was supposed to just come from the collection plate? That sounds a lot like schools taxing the public and having fund raisers through the students because they don't have enough money. Maybe God doesn't want them to have more money.

" If Jesus head was cut off "

It wasn't though....

That was hypothetical. Some of the other 'saints' were beheaded and you do not doubt this. The truth of the matter is that only the bible says Jesus was crucified. Notice how the whole story is presented to just point to him and nothing else, yet nothing outside of the bible confirms all the details of his trial or points to references of the Old Testament being fulfilled. I will accept the spiritual message behind it, but I simply cannot support is historicity.

alot of the history Ben comes from saints lives who actually seen God.. Like I said read about the Angel in my signature... There are 1,000 and even 100,000s like this who have seen what she has..

Let me ask you this. You have a person in your signature that was supposedly healed in some way (I have not read the account nor do I intend to). Did you meet this person and were you a first hand witness to all the events of her story? I don't think so. This is the same as the bible and no different than if a homeless guy walked up to you on the street and said he talked to God and told him that you should give all your money to him or some other crazy idea. If I told you that God told me that Judas was actually the gospel story would you believe me? Probably not.

I myself have seen God do supernatural things and this from being someone who grew up without God or church....

Well, if they were supernatural, then great for you and I hope it reinforces your faith, however thats all anyone who wasn't with you can say about them.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

God. The First and the Last. The Savior, the Messaiah, the Christ. The Brother of anyone who chooses to believe in Him. The ultimate Sacrifice, payment for our wrongs. The One who chose to die for the sake of the people who were killing Him, for people filled with hate and sin. The Son of Man and Son of God who defeated death.
He's the best thing to happen to the world.

Who here has seen him?

Who here knows Him on a personal level?

Who here has denied him 3 times?

I can only choose to not deny Him another 3 times.

top topics

join