It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative News Update 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Very sad day for the Freedom Of Speech...

Koran Film Taken Down 'After Threats'
By Patrick Goodenough

Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders' controversial film linking the Koran with extremism and terrorism was removed from a British Internet site Friday, after the site said staff had been threatened.

"Following threats to our staff of a very serious nature, and some ill-informed reports from certain corners of the British media that could directly lead to the harm of some of our staff, LiveLeak.com has been left with no other choice but to remove Fitna from our servers," the site LiveLeak.com said in a statement.

Koran Film

Threats and Intimidation .....

How is it the supposed "Religion of Peace" is constantly using threats and intimidation to achieve their "Peaceful resolutions"?

Kind of an Oxymoron....

Semper

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The concept of freedom of speech appears to be foreign to Muslim countries. Imagine what would happen in the west if someone made a documentary claiming the Bible promotes war and terrorism (if you go by the Old Testament exclusively, you might come up with some such conclusion). The film would likely provoke a lot of controversy, get a lot of angry reviews, and might even be boycotted by Christians and Jews. But there would probably be no death threats, or even attempts to shut the movie down--there would be a debate.

I realize I am culturally biased, but even when I try to see it from the Muslim perspective, I can't. They certainly don't try to see it from ours.

To respond to accusations of violence with violence seems ironic at best.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The web site liveleak.com had to do the same thing. The staff was getting threats and such so they had to remove certain items from their site for precautionary reasons...maybe this is new trend starting.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well it has been going on for some time now, but the "Religion of Peace" has been using threats and violence to silence any opposing views for a long time...

It just really came to the forefront with the Dutch Cartoon incident...

Religion of Peace my butt

Semper

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by _Johnny_Utah_

Well Johnny...

Seeing you are new to the site, i can see how you could think this sort of thing is new...

But over the last few years, this is happening, more and more often... And it is not just happening because of 7th centurey Throw-back Islamofacists... but by anyone who is ignorant.

The overwhelming sense of public presure is pushing Freedom of speach out of style.

Its sad to see... but it is happening...

new topics

top topics

join