It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Year-Old Killed for not Giving Video Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

15 Year-Old Killed for not Giving Video Game

www.wickedlocal.com

Inside the home, Suarez approached Baptiste and told the boy to give him a video game that Baptiste was holding, according to court documents.

When Baptiste did not give him the game, Suarez pulled out a gun from his waistband, pointed the gun at Baptiste’s head and pulled the trigger, according to court documents. The gun did not fire initially.

Baptiste then put his hands in front of his face and asked Suarez to stop, Suarez told authorities. Suarez pulled the trigger again and the gun fired, striking Baptiste in the right temple area of his head, according to court documents.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
kotaku.com

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm pretty much amazed by this, I had a post a few weeks ago about a kid shooting another kid for untold reasons.

Atleast the shooter here is on bail.

www.wickedlocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

He admitted to his crime, and as he has done that, they might as well begin punishment. I say no more thn 10 days in county lockup.

Why? He admitted his crime no point in appeals or anything, guilletine him and be done with it. One less stain on society that we will DEFINATELY have to deal with later.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow what an idiot who buys video games anymore. Good god learn how to hack the wii and the xbox360 and the ps3 soft mod.

All 3 systems are hacked and you can burn games from 1$ for dual layer games and 30 cents for reg dvd 5.

The ps3 has a soft mod u can use a ISO downloaded off newshosts.
Prob is some games are 40 gigs most HD can only 2-3 games but there still free.

Till a disc hack comes out.

Xbox360 is easy to hack

and the Wii is super easy that and the fact they use DVD 5's which are like 15 cents each.

I still cant believe ppl buy games there so overpriced.

If you still buy games your a sucker.

And dont use torrents those are for noobs.

Plus you wont get killed.

Oh and btw Brockton Mass is the next town from me.

not to long agoa Child was killed at a BAT bus station Located in front of a church.

Apperently Someone Drove up and shot the child and drove off.

Plus its called Crackton or Browntown. by locals.

Recent Cape Verdian drug wars have had alot murders there latly.

I still get my hair cut there tho lol.

Battles Farm is on the north Side off of cherry street.I was there last week over a friends house/condo. I was wondering why I saw 4 cops patrolling the grounds that day LOL.

the North side of brockton is full of hundreds of H heads.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

Terms And Conditions Of Use

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman

If you still buy games your a sucker.

And dont use torrents those are for noobs.

Or instead of being suckers, maybe, just maybe we obey the law. Seeing as many developers are in tough financial situations that lead to them being bought out by EA Games, some of us think it's the right thing for the industry to pay for the games. For me it's not a matter of I don't want to get caught, I simply don't feel the need to steal the developers hard work. And well you know, stealing is a bit of a no-no.

I mean really, how would you feel if you worked on something for months at a time, invested millions of dollars, asked for $50, and then Will Wright or Sid Meir simply stole it from you? Designing a video game isn't the laid back slacking job that many people think it is. It takes tons of capital, very long hours, and often times you have to rebuild a game from scratch if it's not good enough.

But on the topic, a video game is not worth shooting someone over. They may be fun, but they're not worth jail time. And no one needs to have a bullet through their head just for not handing over a game. I say take the kid who shot the other and shoot his kneecaps out, and then let him sit in jail for a long while.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

Yes well thats glorious and all And you can throw your life lessons on your cloud of judgement all you want.

Heres my philosophy Most game companies movies music software etc. make 5000 billion gazillion dollars off there products.

and well I dont make 30 million a year for working and when I do i will be happy to buy all this stuff till then. I dont really care. Plus Newhost cant be caught its 100 % anon thats what you pay for that and its 2 megs a second download speed. which is rapage of the intranet.

thats the 10$ monthly service the 20$ service gives up to 4 megs which is ownage.

but 2 megs is fine for me avg speed 1.5-2.0.Megs 1024 per sec not megabits

and btw im not poor but im still not paying 9k for my software programs im sorry but i wont.

IE Fruity loops pro logic 3ds max maya Adobe etc.

And I am a video game devolper 3d artist.And ive worked on many projects do I care if someone stole a game that had one of my models in not really lol.

Heres some of my last work for a Resident evil [Model] game movie model I turned in. not the game model but the render model. Her Face I modeled from the Body is Generic used a simliar female body type i got from 3d.sk

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here is my Current work for a Medi evil female Char I am doing I have the body mesh done working on the face sculpting.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Nice

All we need is gun control, not ban, but control. People should get non lethal weapons, maybe something that can immobilize a person. No I'm not talking about the taser, im talking about rubber pellets and tranquilizers.

in China they would hang that 18 Yearold.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Nice

All we need is gun control, not ban, but control. People should get non lethal weapons, maybe something that can immobilize a person. No I'm not talking about the taser, im talking about rubber pellets and tranquilizers.

in China they would hang that 18 Yearold.

No, criminals need to stop being pansies and learn to fight with their hands.
I will, unless you are coming at me with a knife or gun, chose my fists over a gun anyday.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We need gun education. Or just tell kids that guns will shoot your eyes out while you're sleeping.

America's gun problem is huge. Maybe we should hire all these people to kill some terrorists rather than innocent people. Oh wait... they probably don't have the guts to.

That 18 Year-Old is the type of person that hinders soceity.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

Nice work, I like how you got the teeth so accurate to her real teeth. As you know all the little details is what makes 3d work look good.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What card and application are you using?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
8800 GTS 800 meg

Q6600 Water Cooled. Thermeltake Bigwater 760i
Nforce 650 SLI

I overclock it during 5 hour renders.

other then that I run stock speeds. only if im using Vray or Mentel ray or doing fluid dynamics such as Real Flow.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
First off, that is very impressive work.

But on to how I feel stealing is wrong, that's just me. I didn't mean to attack you for how you get your games, but I felt that I needed to explain that paying for something legitimately doesn't necessarily make a person a sucker. If you want to hack a system to copy games then by all means do so, I'm not going to call ESA or the FBI. But I don't enjoy people putting down others for supporting the studios that worked hard to make something. People need to put food on the table, and some of us don't mind a bit of quid pro quo to make that happen.

But back on to our model citizen here, he's really a shining example of an educational system and a culture going downhill.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Of course a 15 year old boy shouldn't have access to a gun so easily, however there is a bigger picture here. Our children are becoming so obsessed with these video games that they value them over other human beings. It all comes down to parenting.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Of course a 15 year old boy shouldn't have access to a gun so easily, however there is a bigger picture here. Our children are becoming so obsessed with these video games that they value them over other human beings. It all comes down to parenting.

Actually, the shooter was 18, his victim was 15. Not that I think a 18 year old should have access to a handgun either. Either way, I am still wondering why this kid put in a plea of not guilty when he already confessed to the crime to the cops. I'm sure they have a signed confession and possibly recording. I swear the justice system doesn't work anymore, taxpayers are gonna pay for this guys trial when he has already confessed to the killing. Like I said earlier, ten days max, onto the guillotine!
:bash:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Actually, confessing to a crime and then later pleading not guilty in court is very common. I think many of them are hoping to get a lesser sentence on a technicality.

new topics

top topics

join