It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain scientist studies own stroke..finds secret of universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Very interesting , yes she gets a little emotional but i am sure many people can connect on many different levels to the feeling of the 'right' side.

Without help she would have died, i dont think it would be prudent to completely turn off the left side of someones brain they probably would not survive.

But to me it all rings a familiar sound with quantum theory , energy , resonance, many religous beliefs.

'We are the life force of the universe, expressing itself physically'

[edit on 29/3/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

All I'll say is this: if above really is as below - and I do believe it is - and each being is a microcosm, then it should come as no surprise that studying oneself's inner workings and minutiae would lead to discoveries of macrocosmic relevance. ;-)

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a very eastern message, for sure.

You should look up Lobsang Rampa if you are interested by her. if you buy books, buy The Celestine Prophecy (you likely have read it already....it is VERY popular) and make sure you get "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman.

I am not a kook. I am very personal and quiet about my spiritual beliefs. But the Dan Millman book changed my life immediately as i read it. I am nothing like the man i was before i read that book about 13 years ago. And it was what started me on the journey that has me here with you, at ATS.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't say i was religous at all.. i do give credence to the chance of intelligent design.

For me this is more about how things really are, its just our perception is anchored elsewhere and reality is relative to our point of observation.

I still think things as amazing as this could exist AND could eventualy be explained and maybe even exploited for gain with science.

The whole concept strikes a chord with many different viewpoints from many different cultures and/or teachings.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Well, that is the thing. The reality of it is, what she says is correct. We are physical manifestations of the living universe. We are the All.

It may seem religious. I don't view it this way. I view it like it is the way it is, and i just feel secure in my knowledge of that.

I get what you are saying. I just wanted to clarify. I will leave it alone now.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My observation of the video echoes Quantum Squirrel's.

As alluded in the video, we process multiple simultaneous streams of information through the use of a complex network. If any aspect of that network goes down, we will interpret the world through what's left of our 'senses.' So if our daily mental noise comes from one half of the brain, and that half of the brain is shut off; instant profound experience.

But this isn't meant to belittle the scientist's experience, or indeed 'rationalize' it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You know, there is a reason why (alternating) single nostril breathing is such a big deal in yoga...

And I can tell you that whenever I want to ensure the maximum efficacy in performing a task, I take out one of my contact lenses (I have gone as far as covering my eye completely, with a patch). Which one depends on the nature of the task, of course.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I just saw this video for the first time.

The description was so vivid and captivating, it kind of blew my mind and I'm seeing my mind/body connection in a whole new way.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Nice video! She is spot on...

reply to post by parry noid

'___'?

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Moraz]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That was a pleasant video. I could listen to that speaker for hours.

Several years go I was staying in the room day and night with one of my grandsons who had been in a 4-wheeler accident.

I was there for a month and being who I am I met many people and especially the parents of the sick children there.

To my surprise, I met a young girl that had a brain tumor on one half of her brain. She was there to have that half of her brain removed.

The hospital had wagons to transport the young children with. Chris had a kidney injury and was pretty banged up but when he got his pain meds I would pack him and his IV and his pee pee bag up and we would go to the girls room and talk everyday.

We were discharged the day she had surgery. I Was told she would be OK and that you can survive with only half a brain.

This was done at University Hospital in Charleston South Carolina.

I wonder if her half brain learned to compensate or if she was impaired.

It was a very interesting month.

Thanks for the video OP. S & F

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
wow i remember this video i saw it maybe a year or 2 ago, it really gets you thinking.
S&F for posting it
All the TED videos are excellent and i recommend people checking them out www.ted.com. there is some real incredible ideas out there.

join