It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race To Develop Harry's Invisibility Cloak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Race To Develop Harry's Invisibility Cloak

www.news.com.au

A HARRY Potter-style 'invisibility cloak' that could make people and objects see-through is being developed by Australian scientists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Intresting stuff here but havent the japanese allready done this? or is this diffrent because if so OMG this would be awsome?. I WANT ONE NOW

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

"The concept has been proved. We're hoping to see a real device within the next decade."

"They are a million times bigger than a real atom, and what happens is that these artificial atoms do things that real atoms can't do.

"They can bend light in strange ways, and that's where the 'invisibility cloak' comes into it. It bends light around the object, rather than bouncing off it," Dr Powell said.

Source

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
lol from that pic it seems a brick wall would do a better job for cheaper. I mean who wants to carry all that crap just not to be seen ? I would just wait till it was dark out and where black .

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

yeh its true lol somuch stuff needs to happen before its see through lol to much work but its something intresting to have yeh
i dont think u can just walk with it u need to have cameras and al laround lol its stupid abit i hope to see the australian one.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
From what I read in the source article, I will stay sceptical on this. It kind of smells a little like a hoax to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

A reason for the goverment to allow crime to happen so thay make something like this and blame the coat hehe imagine that crap? then its out of control but it is intresting to see.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I thought this might have been in Below Top secret at first, but now that I see it's still in AboveTopSecret I'm kind of shocked. Why are we wasting our time on this
? A cloak now, can't we just take lessons in Ninjutsu and learn to become "Invisible" that way
. I always found that to be easier, but...after reading through the article I guess it could have its ups and downs like everything else.

I still feel that it's kind of a watse in my opinion, there are so many other things we could/should improve on =/.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The only useful application i can think of for this is airplanes. That setup could be easily made into a "skin" that would hide the plane from one side . Still leaving it visible to other planes and would in this instance be portable enough to warrant it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
The only useful application i can think of for this is airplanes. That setup could be easily made into a "skin" that would hide the plane from one side . Still leaving it visible to other planes and would in this instance be portable enough to warrant it.

Couple that with radar absorbing design and material...and you have Wonder Woman's invisible plane!

You're right though, the only real applications for this would be military/clandestine ops.

I thought I saw a youtube video with this in it before though...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

We need to improve on a way to make the world love ech other u know world peace thats something i would love everyone to work on

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

That would we awsome a invisible plane or something? or maybe one day thiefs get a hold of this and al lof a sudden everyones things will go missing inlcluding kids lol that would be a world scare

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

Same i also seen a youtube video on this some asian televsion thing. Also love the tat not a big fan on tats but it looks nice

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaadAdam

That's exactly what we need
, but at this rate and course in which we are going most of the things we develop are being developed for either the wrong reasons or for someone who is greedy. =/

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yeah, i can see it now.
A terrorist with a cloaking device and a suitcase nuke!
Ah, all these advancements make the world a safer place.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
From what I read in the source article, I will stay sceptical on this. It kind of smells a little like a hoax to me.

Here is a link to a vid of that japanese version. Its some pretty cool stuff to watch. Im pretty sure its not a hoax.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
The only useful application i can think of for this is airplanes.

The same basic technology was supposed to be in research for many years. Using a camera on one side projecting the image on the other with the monitors be part of the planes skin.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I recall hearing of a device similar to this a while back - a company working on a fabric that could 'warp' light and reflections to give the impression that the covered oject was transparent. It wasn't perfected for human sized objects, but it was apparently working with smaller (geometrical shaped) items. I believe I saw it on a show similar to FutureTech (on developing military technology). I don't think that item didn't require the physical camera set-up - so I believe it was a different concept.

M.M.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mcmartinson

Lol that looks like the same stuff from the youtube vid I posted.

-fm

top topics

<<   2 >>

join