It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I CAN'T see god or feel my soul help me !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
All of this, the physical world is an illusion. What's real is what makes you unique and that is your soul that was created by God. Right now your soul is bound by this world until it can be freed through death and reborn again by Christ. You will not see God in this world of illusion although he will throw you olive branches. He will not completely reveal himself but he will answer your prayers if you talk with him and listen. When you wake up in the morning give him a few minutes of your time. You have to have faith and believe in him though. That's a choice that you will have to make for yourself. Jesus is real and so is your spirit. God owns it because he paid a price for it.

P.S. read the bible

God bless

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Straighten Arrow]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I finally found this! I have been searching for this link ever since you started this thread and until now I have been unsuccessful!

www.urantia.org...

I found this to be a fascinating read that spoke to my "soul" more than anything else I have ever read.

I hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

Originally posted by Howie47
You can't see God. Because God is; "the invisible Spirit of Love, that created everything out of nothing". The Bible
God could be partially known through His Creation. But since His Creation has been corrupted with Evil; it is very difficult to (see) exactly what God
is like, in it. To counter this fact, God sent His only begotten Son, into this world. To reveal a more perfect image of himself and to redeem man back to himself!

You are right on my man, a star for you!

God is indeed everything. In fact, some say God had to destroy the "physical" portion of himself into a bizillion pieces to CREATE what we now know as .. well, The Universe I guess? I call it "The Creation".. but anyways .. so it is these parts of God, these "sparks" of righteousness or holiness that exist in all things.. this is a Lubavitch Hasidic Jewish belief concept, and so I may have gotten it a little bit wrong.

Actually a lot wrong. In God's creation of the universe He created a vessel to fill with love. It was the generosity and loves law to share and being so "filled" the vessel was overcome and shattered instantly because it could not be contained- hence the universe and all life was created in that instant.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

HI when I said see my soul I really mean the knowingness most people who believe have about their continued existence after they die

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Yes I have heard that I suppose no exhaustive research on that though!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lasthope

Frodo: I wish I never lived to see such times.

Gandalf: So do all who live through such times, but that is not up to us, all we can do is decide what to do with the time that is given.

If your inability to feel God is from floride as a baby, then that is part of the times you were handed with no choice. The key is what YOU do in the time that is given. You can't control your parents only yourself.

Its nice to have the excuse of floride, but do you think that a mineral that God made could hold you back from him? In him all things a possible, even spiritual enlightenment getting past a mineral on your brain.

It takes a lifetime of work, and your not dead yet, so keep at it.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Thank you - all I ever want is the truth anyway thought this morass if disinfo in the world there are things I wont talk about too because it is too late ( THERE how about that for adddmitting things)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
More replies than I thought so I will give a continuation of my frustration with possibly the biggest question of all in this hellish world soon to get worse
A general question about his fundamental existence
1 How many you think that there is no god and it is all aliens through history manipulating us
2 Who in the truth movement do you think is telling the truth egg from the main us radio networks 1 gcnlive 2 republic radio 9 THOES RADIO HOSTS eg Alex Jones BILL DEAGLE AND THE LIKE
3 I was always told was fire and brimstone you don’t follow the rules you fry how many here believe that the bible says an awful lot about that
4 What about having a relationship with god and if you don’t have one you go to hell
5 what is your take on the book and info about our true earth history BRAD STEIGERS BOOK --WORLDS BEFORE OUR OWN !!
AND MANY SIMILAR FOOKS talking about all our pre history
thanks for looking

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
May I suggest beginning your rant Divinorus that every one is a golden calf loving liar probably wasn't the best course of dialogue.
Hey John,

Yeah, acknowledged, but I must be honest about how I feel, and that is how I feel about "beliefs." I really do suspect NOBODY has met any GOD, and thus neither do they KNOW what any GOD may be all about. I really suspect they are lying, playing make-believe in their heads, honestly I do.

Beliefs should not be advertised or sold as truths. A lot of people can't and won't lie, and thus can't and won't play "make-believe" when it comes to god and spirituality.

Those that continually proclaim they have personally met and know some GOD and make up proclamations that the rest of us, us non-make-believers, should be beheaded and banished to hell forever, are really NOT very nice people! And I want them to know that.

And I want those that have never shook some Gods hand and double checked his credentials to know they shouldn't feel bad or rejected and destined to spend eternity in hell just because of what these jaded lying make-believers proclaim, that only they are special and better than the rest of us.

Personally, I'd love to see the christians and mooslims anialate each other instead of threatening to behead and banish us non-make-believers to hell for not playing their brand of B.S. games of obedience and submission.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You are totally closed minded! A condition that will cause your brain to rot in it's own waist.
" People who will not listen and carefully weigh the opinions of others; are doomed to the asylum of self."

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 31-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You are totally closed minded! A condition that will cause your brain to rot in it's own waist.

I am simply being honest here. Is everyone else? I have never seen or met any god either. But I am not so closed minded to think there couldn't be a god. I'm just saying I have never met one, and so I too can't say I've seen one.

Sorry, but I strongly suspect those that have claimed they have seen and met and know some god and what that god is all about, are playing make-believe, idol worshipping, essentially lying. They should realize that fibbing is not nice, because us that can't honestly proclaim the same are being made to feel bad because no god has ever revealed him or herself to us ~ us that should be beheaded by the mooslims and sent to hell by the christians, because we can't lie about this god stuff ourselves?

Think about this. Has anyone really seen and met god, and know this god well enough to put your own and other human words in gods mouth? Hum? (this is not a trick question, but it does require honesty to answer correctly)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Think about this. Has anyone really seen and met god, and know this god well enough to put your own and other human words in gods mouth? Hum? (this is not a trick question, but it does require honesty to answer correctly)

Is it possible that God could put words into a person's mouth? That is how it should be asked. God can make a stone cry out, Luke 19:40. Just because you are not aware of him talking to you does not mean that he doesn't! He may use others to communicate to you but you are unaware.

The more prejudice you can overcome, the likelier your chances are, that you will have some divine intervention. Have you ever asked him to?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

I am simply being honest here. Is everyone else? I have never seen or met any god either. But I am not so closed minded to think there couldn't be a god. I'm just saying I have never met one, and so I too can't say I've seen one.

Sorry, but I strongly suspect those that have claimed they have seen and met and know some god and what that god is all about, are playing make-believe, idol worshipping, essentially lying. They should realize that fibbing is not nice, because us that can't honestly proclaim the same are being made to feel bad because no god has ever revealed him or herself to us ~ us that should be beheaded by the mooslims and sent to hell by the christians, because we can't lie about this god stuff ourselves?

This is a trick question. The trick lies in your question, "Has anyone really seen and met god". That could have a multiple of different meanings. The question about "seeing", God; has already been answered. "God is invisible. As describe in the Bible. Invisible, means He can't be seen... However you can see, Jesus. The manifest part of God.
What do you mean by "meet god". Shake his hand?
A proper introduction by a third party? You are very ambiguous; which says
to me you are not really serious or open to the possibility.
I can't ever take a atheist serious. Are you one? No one can (honestly)
say, "there is no God." That is like saying, "I know all things"! Since you like to trow, the question of honesty around. I'll just whack it back to your side of the court.
You can't even honestly say no one has met God, or talked to God; or any thing of the sort. To do so is just a lie on your part. The best you can do is say; "YOU don't know if this has ever happened. Or you don't know if their is a God". If you were being honest!
It is only human to have doubts. It is inhuman to be so closed minded and stuborn, that you refuse to even admit the possiblity that you could be wrong!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It is only human to have doubts. It is inhuman to be so closed minded and stuborn, that you refuse to even admit the possiblity that you could be wrong!

I mean no offense, and yes I could be entirely wrong here, but that's my bet never-the-less ~ that nobody has really met a god, seen a god, knows a god, or whatever ~ that they are all just playing make-believe and repeating versions of what they have heard other make-believers previously say. And they are doing so to make the rest of us feel bad and fear their threats of beheadings and eternal damnation to hell.

And, I am willing to bet my soul that is what they are all doing. I just thought you should know that is where I'm coming from in this matter. My mind is always open, but not so open my brains fall out and I end up betting my soul on a made up belief and trick instead.

And, I've never met an open minded make-believer, ha. See if you can get the pope to change his mind about his god beliefs (ha, good luck). See if you can get a Christian to stop threatening non-make-believers with eternal damnation in hell. What THEY are doing is not nice, not nice at all! I say THEY are the ones with a closed mind.

I simply wish everyone could just be honest.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Every religion hater is entirely worthy of their sentiments. Just as every one who believes in a higher power is entitled to theirs. I told the bloke faith was important in times of crises. If you want to banish me to the depths of hell for that than so be it in your oh so logical sterile minds. Yes, and 'I' am being honest how I feel. Sorry my ducks don't line up to your liking. And personal attacks on members that don't feel like you do is sophmoric.

Peace

[edit on 31-3-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 31-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

I mean no offense, and yes I could be entirely wrong here, but that's my bet never-the-less ~ that nobody has really met a god, seen a god, knows a god, or whatever ~ that they are all just playing make-believe and repeating versions of what they have heard other make-believers previously say. And they are doing so to make the rest of us feel bad and fear their threats of beheadings and eternal damnation to hell.

And, I am willing to bet my soul that is what they are all doing. I just thought you should know that is where I'm coming from in this matter. My mind is always open, but not so open my brains fall out and I end up betting my soul on a made up belief and trick instead.

And, I've never met an open minded make-believer, ha. See if you can get the pope to change his mind about his god beliefs (ha, good luck). See if you can get a Christian to stop threatening non-make-believers with eternal damnation in hell. What THEY are doing is not nice, not nice at all! I say THEY are the ones with a closed mind.

I simply wish everyone could just be honest.

Yes, of course, you are the only honest one. Or atheist are the only honest ones? That arrogant attitude is your downfall.
How could you be betting your soul? If you say, "you don't have one".
Are you willing to admit you do?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

How could you be betting your soul? If you say, "you don't have one".
Are you willing to admit you do?

I don't think I ever said we don't have souls. I do not know for sure if we do or if we don't. I suspect we do, but I couldn't say it is so without lying that I know. Know what I mean?

Who knows for sure? But just incase we do have souls, my bet is that all this make-believe stuff = idol worshipping. Come on, not everyone with their different versions of their make-believe "truth" are going to be right. At most only one could be right while the rest are fibbing, right?

Tell me, which version of god do you recommend for us that can't see and tell for sure which one is right? Keep in mind I don't want to be beheaded nor go to hell forever nor be considered closed minded if I pick the wrong one. Please, someone, help us out that can't see these gods everyone else proclaim are real that tells them all these things that we can not hear. I'm so confused. And I suspect I am not the only one too.

Somebody is lying, that's for sure. And they should know we do not appreciate these threats of death by beheading and their threats of eternal hell for not playing along with the right belief. And we don't like being told WE are closed minded when it is actuality those that are sworn to a mere belief that have closed and locked minds.

If I were to think any of them were serious and not lying too about all these god threats of theirs, I would have to dispatch them all before they could make good on their threats. You should be glad we don't believe any of these make-believers, ha. Truly though, I do feel sorry for those that will be wrong.

Anyhow, enough from me on this. I guess I got dragged in on this because I can sympathize and relate with those that are being made to feel bad and inferior and doomed because of those that proclaim they really really met and know this god dude and they aren't lying what-so-ever (despite all their conflicting claims concerning these various versions of god, ha).

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I ask you this, If you are not of God and/or do not believe in God and/or do not have a relationship with God, how can you expect to see/feel God?

You also mention not being able to feel your soul... I find this hard to believe... Please hear me out... This is a theory...

Have you ever wondered what powers all our internal electrical impulses in our brain and throughout our entire body? Where does this power come from? In my opinion, being of God, the soul is our power... Without the soul we would not be alive... All human bodies go through an instant weight loss when a person dies... It's a small percentage from what I've read so far on the subject... So many try to disprove it, but to me it's the most obvious explanation... What seems to be most obvious tends to be the truth... A duck is a duck, that's it..

More Info.

I wonder if anyone has tried to measure the weight of electricity or if that could even be done? I would be willing to bet that if we could determine the amount of energy in a human being, then replicate that in a lab, then measure the weight (somehow), then compare to that of a person at precise time of death we would have more solid evidence... Holy cow, talk about run on sentence...

Any uber geek or scientist want to set this experiment up?

The soul thing is just interesting, at least to me, but you really need to allow God into your life... Quit being stubborn and allow him in... He doesn't force you to accept him... That is a choice you need to make... Then develop your own personal relationship with him... When you do this you'll be surprised at how fast he comes into your life... Maybe then you will be able to "see" him or "feel" him as you put it...

Also if anyone wants to say a prayer for this user that Jesus will save him and open his heart to the lord that will help! good luck my friend!

[edit on 1-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
... but you really need to allow God into your life...

Oh please, spare me. Do you really think I have the power to stop any supposed god from doing so? You all are making this stuff up, aren't you. Don't try to fool me. I know nobody really knows, otherwise there wouldn't be so many discrepancies in all make-believers stories, so nah! (
)

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
dup. sorry.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Divinorumus]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join