It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Businesses to Sue Wilders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is very ironic, actually taking action for the Wrong reasons, economic loss.
Well, at least it is the Dutch, after all who have decided that it wiser to act swiftly against their wishes, instead of being like the Danish who are still looking for a Market to Dump their Dairy Products.

THE HAGUE-Fearing a Muslim boycott, major Dutch businesses are threatening to sue far-right lawmaker Geert Wilders over his documentary portraying the Qur'an as inciting violence. "Companies like Shell, Philips and Unilever are easily recognizable as Dutch companies."

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Dubyakadubla]

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Dubyakadubla]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
On the one hand I applaud the Dutch for not walking on eggshells of political correctness to assuage their muslim immigrant population. On the other hand, some of the political satire has been unnecessarily volatile to the muslim community. I believe they have a resentment to muslims in general and feel it threatens their sovereance.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
On the one hand I applaud the Dutch for not walking on eggshells of political correctness to assuage their muslim immigrant population. On the other hand, some of the political satire has been unnecessarily volatile to the muslim community. I believe they have a resentment to muslims in general and feel it threatens their sovereance.

Islamophobia is a neologism used to refer to an irrational fear or prejudice towards Muslims and the religion of Islam :
www.islamophobia.org...

Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende has warned it could be "months" before the consequences of the film were known.

Muslims worldwide boycotted Danish products during the 2005 Prophet cartoon crisis, causing Danish companies nearly $1.5 million a day in losses.

Denmark's leading dairy company Arla Foods, one of the hardest hit, issued at the time a strong condemnation of the cartoon and appealed to Arabs and Muslims to end their boycott of its products.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yup. Hit the corporations in the pocketbook and see where it gets ya. Not far from a regular day job.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by jpm1602]

new topics

top topics

join