It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Tutorial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have created a SETI installation guide for all of you who have reservations on how to get hold of the SETI program and join the ATS team. I hope that with this you will be able to join up and put ATS�s figures through the roof!

Anybody with any questions please feel free to U2U me

SETI Tutorial

Edited by DJDOHBOY to remove known error (problem fixed)

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hi DJDOHBOY!!

Very many thanx for undertaking this task on behalf of the team my friend!! It is fantastic and I'm sure will be of tremendous benefit to those people who ask - quite regualrly - how they can download, install and subsequently run SETI@home!!

I know you are a member of the ATS SETI@hometeam yourself, DJDOHBOY, so *please* accept our heartfelt thanx for the tremendous job you've done - and to Seekerof, who originally suggested that *you* would be the ideal person to undertake it!! He was right, of course!!

GREAT job DJDOHBOY !!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi DJ!!

Is the "missing" page this - Preferences? This is accessed by "right clicking" on the S@h icon that is in the "sys tray" incidentally and clicking "Preferences". My connection is "Ask", as, although I have cable modem, I use SETI Monitor to cache results and connect at times to suit me.

Hope that helps?? G ;^))

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Genya]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
well done DJDOHBOY, thats brilliant.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
DJDOHBOY, another excellent addition to your series of tutorials.

Well done and will be greatly appreciated by those who are seeking understanding on how to load up SETI@Home.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Beeeeautiful work!!!

Thanks for taking the time out.

Trick

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
DJDOHBOY, excellent! and thanks a million!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have revised the tutorial so it now includes the elusive missing page!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hi DJDOHBOY!!

Top job!!

A *fantastic* resource - very many thanx again for taking this task on (I wouldn't know where to start!!
)

Let's go ATS SETI@home team!!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
can anyone give a step by step process of installing SETI command line on Linux. It is litteraly giving me hell.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
wow. good job man

two thumbs!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwscc
can anyone give a step by step process of installing SETI command line on Linux. It is litteraly giving me hell.

Hi nwscc!!

I'm afraid I've got no experience on running Linux, let alone SETI@home with this O/S - sorry

I think, in the past, Bob88 has used Linux, so perhaps you could U2U him to check?

Sorry I haven't got any answers nwscc - good luck with your search

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
DJDOHBOYm your a life saver! Thank youuuu

I'm am reading as much about the SETI thing before installing it...I'm just scared I'll do something wrong and I'll then Have to format my whole PC

Phoenix

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixSGC
DJDOHBOYm your a life saver! Thank youuuu

I'm am reading as much about the SETI thing before installing it...I'm just scared I'll do something wrong and I'll then Have to format my whole PC

Hi PSGC!!

That made me laugh out loud really!!
Do not be afraid of SETI@home, it is a pussy cat of a program!!
Seriously, if you have any problems, please ask - between us, we can usually find a work around!! Thanx for running SETI@home and we look forward to you race up the team lists!!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Tutorial's coming up as a 404 for me. Any idea why?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
DJDOHBOY probably removed it as it would be out of date now (so I think I'll un-sticky this thread).
The classic SETI@home program isn't around anymore, instead you can run SETI through a program called BOINC. If you click on the banner in my sig, you will find the page for the ATS BOINC team.
You can download BOINC from here
setiathome.berkeley.edu...
installation is pretty straight forward as far as I remember, then if you want , you can click on the join button on our page to be a part of our team

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Downloaded, installed, up and running, joined ATS team. Now what?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
OK guys and gals I am not even close to a good computer person, and I need help urgently. I downloaded the software successfully, but I don't know how to attach a project Please help. every time I sign on it tells me to attach. What ar where do I find the stuff.

Im begging for help,
Ford Farmer

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ford..I am no expert either,I just started using boinc a couple of weeks ago,(but Im allready in the top 15
)

Anyways, the url you want to use is setiathome.berkeley.edu...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks, but how do I attach the ATS SETI project? like the abovetopsecret...project?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join