It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning of the End in Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The Beginning of the End in Iraq?

lataan.blogspot.com

Last October, 2007, Moktada al Sadr and Abdul-Aziz al-Hakim, two of Iraq’s most powerful Shiite leaders, agreed to put their differences aside in an effort to confront their common enemy, the US occupation. For a while the two groups pulled their heads in while they reconfigured their approach to the problem.

It seems now that they are ready to take on the US and the Iraqi puppet government. With the support of Iran, who are backing and supplying the insurgent Shiite forces opposed to the US occupation and the Quisling-style Iraqi government, Shiite fighters have launched attacks against the Iraqi Army and US and allied forces in Basra and Baghdad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.columbiatribune.com
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It looks like the Iraqi people have finally figured out that they have only traded one tryant for another, and that the USA is not their friend. This will make it increasingly more difficult for our troops over there IMO. God only knows what will happend to them when we attack Iran.

lataan.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sheeeesh... doesn't look good.

Well, it has seemed for the past few years that there was the Iraqi people, the militias, and then the Iraqi government set up by the U.S. We wanted to trust the Iraqi people, we wanted to pay-off the militias and recruit policemen from their ranks, and we pretended the Iraqi people had gotten the new government they deserved and wanted.

We were probably wrong about all of this. It was all a lie.

The Iraqi people are not and have never been happy. The militias we paid off and recruited from are still our 'enemies' because we are occupying their territory.... the Iraqi government was never elected by democracy - only a handful of Iraqis got to vote. It is not the government they want.

So every little bit of this war has been a complete sham - and now it's going to collapse? Not surprised- not a single bit. We're going to lose Iraq, then blame Iran for that (it's already happening, look at the article) - *sigh*

Screw this war and screw every person who agreed with it. This is all your fault Bush admin - and it is your fault pro-war citizens of America. You do nothing but stew in your own denial claiming that we have done great things for Iraqis - meanwhile the real situation is coming back to haunt ALL OF us.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Screw this war and screw every person who agreed with it. This is all your fault Bush admin - and it is your fault pro-war citizens of America. You do nothing but stew in your own denial claiming that we have done great things for Iraqis - meanwhile the real situation is coming back to haunt ALL OF us.

Geez, want some cheese with that "whine"?

Don't you think that there might be a lot of the "pro-war" crowd that are actively trying to do something good in Iraq and help the people? Individuals or groups that do have the greater good of the Iraqi people in mind and aren't looking for an angle?

Crying the blues and saying, "It's all YOUR FAULT" doesn't fix things. Getting your hands dirty and trying to straighten up that mess does.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Blah blah blah .. I hope your posting from the "front lines" Or your rhetoric means JACK..

Seriously . You cant support a war without a gun in your hand . Thats just how war works.

To quote a wise man .

[Slayer:War Ensemble]

Propaganda death ensemble
Burial to be
Corpses rotting through the night
In blood laced misery
Scorched earth the policy
The reason for the seige
The pendulum it shaves the blade
The strafing air, blood raid

Infiltration pushes reserves
Encircle the front lines
Supreme art of strategy
Playing on the minds
Bombard till submission
Take all to their graves
The indication of triumph
Is the number that are dead

Chorus
The Sport of war, war support
The sport of war, total war
When victory's really massacre
The final swing is not a drill
Its how many people I can kill

Chorus

Be dead friend from above
When darkness falls
Descend into my sights
Your fallen walls
Spearhead break through the lines
Flanked all around
Soldiers of attrition
Forward their ground
Regime prophetic age
Old in its time
Flowing veins run on through
Deep in the rhine
Center of the web
All battles scored
What is our war crimes
(War forever more...war)

Propaganda war ensemble
Burial to be
Bones shining in the night
In blood laced misery
Campaign of elimination
Twisted psychology
When victory is to survive
And death is defeat

Chorus
Sport of war, war support
The sport of war, total war
When victory's really massacre
When victory is survival
When this end is a slaughter
The final swing is not a drill
Its how many people I can kill

[edit on 29-3-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Wow, that's certainly insightful. Did you write that yourself??

Yep, been over there several times, unlike most people here. And we were there doing more than just killing the enemy.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Geez, want some cheese with that "whine"?

Yeah I do. Make that cheese the billions of dollars of tax payers money that has been thrown away on this BS war...

Don't you think that there might be a lot of the "pro-war" crowd that are actively trying to do something good in Iraq and help the people?

Yeah I do. I just said, there are alot of people stewing in their own denial about how much 'good' we have done for the Iraqi people. What does it matter now? Not much eh? But the pro-war crowd is happy to sit on their hands and say "at least we tried."

No, you 'tried' what the rest of us told you not to try. You 'tried' taking over a foreign country and rebuilding it yourself and we told you not to . The pro-war crowd is all but disowned by America at this point... we are tired of hearing your excuses while this country goes down the drain.

Crying the blues and saying, "It's all YOUR FAULT" doesn't fix things. Getting your hands dirty and trying to straighten up that mess does.

I agree. So let's get our hands dirty and start weeding out the real Americans eh?

If you approved of the overthrowing of Iraq on false intelligence just because Bush said Saddam was a 'bad' man - you are a crappy American. And if you didn't realize that Saddam was put in power by the U.S. you are still a crappy American... but ignorant at that.

If you think sticking in Iraq and starting a war with Iran is a good idea whatsoever - you are still a crappy American and a stubborn one at that.

95% of Americans wanted all of this to end 3 years ago. The Bush admin didn't listen to us because they are Nazi-bred tyrants - the pro-war pro-military crowd didn't listen to us because we sounded like 'whiny liberals' to them.

Seriously, why should the 95% of us even put up with you anymore? We should roll up our sleeves and clean house

The End of Iraq is here and we could have avoided it years ago. But this is all by design. All of it. Next up : Iran.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

No i forgot to bold the artist/song name sorry.

Well i guess you are in a place to have an opinion . I just dont know how people can accept death as a means to peace. Especially so many innocents.

I know i may be considered a "bleeding heart" But this all just seems so wrong :/

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Scary thought, resistor, about what on earth will happen if the USA
attacks Iran...

I guess the war-mongering deciders have already chosen their plans,
without the input of the citizenry! (Again)!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Well put, NWO. But I would be very surprised if Iran was not helping the insurgency. They know that Iraq is just a base of operations for gaining a wider control of the region, and that includes them. If say China had invaded Mexico, we would darn sure be helping whatever resistance existed.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was just listening to the radio and Malicki has been evacuated from his position to another further North as the Mehdi have overrun the position despite US air support.

Speak'

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakEasyOne
I was just listening to the radio and Malicki has been evacuated from his position to another further North as the Mehdi have overrun the position despite US air support.

Speak'

Posters on Daily Kos and D underground are also reporting that they heard this on NPR.

www.dailykos.com...

www.democraticunderground.com...

Should be interesting to see where this goes.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Things seem to be increasingly going downhill. Here’s a NYT article on the continuing violence.

BAGHDAD — Shiite militiamen in Basra openly controlled wide swaths of the city on Saturday and staged increasingly bold raids on Iraqi government forces sent five days ago to wrest control from the gunmen, witnesses said, as Iraqi political leaders grew increasingly critical of the stalled assault.
Witnesses in Basra said members of the most powerful militia in the city, the Mahdi Army, were setting up checkpoints and controlling traffic in many places ringing the central district controlled by some of the 30,000 Iraqi Army and police forces involved in the assault. Fighters were regularly attacking the government forces, then quickly retreating.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Iran has been the puppet master in this war since day one. Mr. Chalibi was / is an Iranian Spy, told the white house what they wanted to hear. He was paid over 400,000 per month by the pentagon for "intelligence" until they finally figured out he was working for Iran. It was too late, the US had already invaded Iraq and the only course of action was to divert attention.

Supporting a foriegn War cannot be sustained, the brainiacs learned nothing from Vietnam. The economy is being gutted, men and women die for an artificial nation pieced together by the british 100 years ago. Iraq cannot be "won".

The end of Iraq was set in stone the minute we invaded, Iran has been leading the Bush white house like a donkey in the street. There is no advantage to the USA at all as a result of Invading Iraq.

Iran however has gained the following;

A) The USA removed the main counter balance to Iran, Saddam Hussein

B) Iranian double spys were paid cash in the tens of millions by the pentagon. When the war ends, and tracing petroluem profits occurs, we will find much of it went to Iran through front companies and outright embezzlement.

C) The Iraqi military was destroyed without a single Iranian Life or dollar spent.

D) The price of Petroluem has doubled due to the invasion, placing hundreds of billions into Iranian treasury

E) Iranian military tests its products and technologies on US servicemen and women, improving explosives and finding weakest points in our technology

F) The US economy has been crippled

G) US credibility and resolve has been damaged

H) Iran has set itself as the lone power capable of ending the "war" in Iraq

I ) When enough men and women die, when the US has spent 2-3 trillion on the war, we will end up compromising with Iran to broker a peace plan. It will cost the USA another few hundred Billion in direct and indirect payments to Iran.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

BAGHDAD — Shiite militiamen in Basra openly controlled wide swaths of the city on Saturday and staged increasingly bold raids on Iraqi government forces sent five days ago [...]

www.nytimes.com...

earlier i read that report at NYT. ( my subscription won't allow hyper-links)

and i found it interesting that al-Sadr does not seem to be anywhere near
his Holy Mosques and leading his troops, the report infers He's in a secure haven, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't in Iran.

the report tells us that the population has grown to distrust that Mahdi militia as much as the American occupation forces,
the militia has sprouted cells of thugs & death squads,
about equaling the Iraqi & coalition forces which have prowling units that arrest & imprison people indiscriminately...

it appears both sides are engaged in wrongful acts against humanity

-- Let Me Add The Following Thoughts --

Maliki seems to have been the one to ratchet up the violence,
right soon after the VP Cheney and others, were on a mid east tour with closed door meetings recently.
maybe the city of Basra is the focal point for the recent Saudi warning to their citizens to prepare for !! 'Sudden Nuclear Hazards' !! [[see: Saudi Warning at]]-> www.chris-floyd.com...

as al-Sadr & Maliki & AQ & Irans Guard --->> face off in Basra
(as planned?)

[edit on 30-3-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What is one way to kill a rat that hides?
Make him feel safe so that he comes out of his hole.
If the shiites ever mass big enough to detect and come out from hideing behind civillians, they will be wiped of the face of the earth.
While we may not be good at fighting guerilla warfare.
An enemy can be made to switch tactics .
If the insurgents do this they are as good as dead.
I hate this war, But i want our boys to win.
and to win we have to kill the enemy.
So, lets get er done!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sadr just told his terrorist to get off the streets and stop attacking the Iraqi government assets. Why? Because if he kept it up much longer he risked losing his little Mahdi army and his bully type hold on power in his little back yard with sandbox.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Great post Hallberg. Iran is definitely not an innocent nation, but it's citizens are not interested in a war with America - if the Iranian military or government is out of line America has to resolve this without invading another country. We cannot sustain another war like Iraq...

That's why I'm worried America will resort to 'drastic measures'.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Nuke Basra huh? Interesting thought, but isn't that the center of a big oil rich area? Then again, maybe that's the point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Sadr just told his terrorist to get off the streets and stop attacking the Iraqi government assets. Why? Because if he kept it up much longer he risked losing his little Mahdi army and his bully type hold on power in his little back yard with sandbox.

Great news. Anything that lessens casualties is a good thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply to post by NewWorldOver

Exactly what I thought after reading Hallberg's post. If the Iraq war is a masterwork of Iranian manipulation, then the USA must surly realize it by now and see that there's only one way out: 'drastic measures'.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Nuke Basra huh? Interesting thought, but isn't that the center of a big oil rich area? Then again, maybe that's the point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

well... the concept of 'Nuke' is not entirely correct....

as only last week, the Saudi Kingdom told the populace --
'Sudden Nuclear Hazards' should be something to prepare for.... ?hazards?

In my world, the real meaning is : there could be tactical nukes used on either the Iranian Processing Facilities (and the resulting fallout on Saudi Arabia)
or there could be a [[psst ! false-flag attack !]] a radioactive dirty-bomb
set off around Basra which is in proximity to all the oil facililities of both Iraq & Kuwait---
Basra being the 'designed' focus point of hostilities which are building at this moment ~is it any wonder?~

to my conspiritorial, connecting-the-dots-thinking, i can 'see' how
the vacuum of the British stand-down/redeployment
together with the escalated Mahdi takeover of Basra...
silently backed by Iran & their Guard...
and with the Insurgents & AQ influences in that area,
an area which is very important in the oil distribution system,

I see that --- perhaps --- a radioactive 'dirty bomb' set off there
would cripple the whole western worlds designs in the middle east
(oil facilities in particular)
and the fledgling Iraqi nation itself....
And -- be the root cause-of-concern for last weeks 'Public Service Announcement' [Sudden Nuclear Hazards] to the subjects of the Saudi Kingdom

[edit on 30-3-2008 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join