It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New guy on the block.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Greetings.

I'm a freshman in college, studying physics, with a longterm goal of getting my PhD in Astronomy/Astrophysics.

been reading on this site for awhile.

Anyways, I've made a couple posts already and seem to be fitting in well.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Welcome to our humble domain. Glad you joined us.

here's some links that may come in handy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

New blood is always welcome.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
judging by your use of the pencil nebula, im assuming your southern hemisphere? I've nailed most DSO's in the northern skies, but im too far north for some of the southern hemisphere stuff. Are you just an astronomy fan, or are you studying for a degree, or already have one?

Good to see other astronomy heads on the site.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SageOfWisdom

Actually I'm northern, just had an odd liking for this cluster.

Not really that good with astronomy in the classical sense, or academic one either, just a minor hobby.

The fact is my mind roves the starways, and as a writer, I found the pencil a fitting screen name.

But I think it landed me a job as a FSME over in our Space Exploration forum. (A place it seems you might enjoy.)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Okay, well I have an Orion skyquest intelliscope XT10 telescope, and a Schmidt-Cassegrain I use for astrophotography. So I guess you could call me an Amateur studying to become a professional.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Then you will surely fit in over in the Space Exploration forum.

We have some people there that are regulars in the field. Look into some of the past threads and you'll find a lot that ought fit you well. There are also some good photoastronomy folks in the bunch.

As I recall, there was a thread just on who had what equipment, started about a month ago or a bit more.

Have a look around, I'm sure you'll find many kindred souls.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Welcome, !

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™.

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Nice to have you with us.

Dizzie

new topics

top topics

join