It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historian Says Bush Is 'Biggest Thug Ever' to Occupy Whitehouse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Historian Says Bush Is 'Biggest Thug Ever' to Occupy Whitehouse

www.opednews.com

“He has been a total thug in overthrowing a democratic government in Haiti and supporting the death squads and murderers there, and in pursuing a war of aggression in Iraq,” Parenti writes.“

He (Bush) unilaterally has announced that the U.S. will be held to none of the international treaties that it has signed, that no strictures of international law will inhibit foreign policy, and that the U.S. reserves the right to act as it will on its own accord, according to its own interests, and the limitations of its own power,” Parenti points out.“

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Congrats Dumbya! On a list of the most corrupt thugs ever to rule the oval office, you stand out head and shoulder's above the rest as the biggest bully ever! Even Nixon has nothing on you...The historians are ALREADY cementing your place as the worst ever, and you've still got more time to further drag us down as a nation!

The U.S. will,” he goes on to say, “of itself, decide unilaterally what countries it will attack, when, and for what reasons,” a policy he adds that has “caused such an alarm throughout the world that people have demonstrated massively…”

Parenti said the Iraqi war has given President Bush “the opportunity to clamp down on dissent at home, to intimidate, and to accumulate more power.”

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's not that surprising is it?

Anyone with open eyes has known this for pretty much his whole term of office.

It's a pity that the American people have to suffer reputation-wise because of this loons actions.
He wants to be seen as a leader on the world stage, but doesn't want to follow the rules.

Yeah, that reeaally works.
Well done again shrub

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Not only would he be considered the biggest thug ever to 'grace' The White House, but possibly, also, the least articulate and most lacking in integrity.
It's really very sad for the vast majority of American People.
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It would be nice if Bush were acting alone in his lunacy. Nice, because we'd have hope saner, more ethical individuals would be willing and able to remedy the situation.

Unfortunately, Bush, as we know, is merely a ventriloquist's dummy .. the front man for those who are actually responsible.

Bush will go.

Those responsible will still be around, with their hands up the shirt of the new dummy.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Whilst it is wrong to castigate a people by the actions of one man unfortunately the role of head of state is to be a nations figurehead. I feel sorry for America, not just in terms of what is now happening within its borders, but also because of how the stereotype of an American has been strengthened ever further. The vast majority of American's I have met have been good, decent and friendly people. Unfortunately they to must bare the weight of bushes mantle.

With Bush himself I have never quite worked out if he truly is an idiot. Is he a puppet for the shadowy figures behind the scenes or is it an act that gives him a simple charm and an easy escape when trapped in a corner. "I cant help it, Im just not bright enough to understand". A worrying quality for the leader of the worlds strongest military power. But as he is branded as a conservative and religious man, his are "honest mistakes".

I have to agree with Dock6, the people who share, but will evade, responsibility are those at the heart of the Bush Administration.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Anyoine notice how quickly the NWO is plowing along?
Give him & Cheney a few more months and you will see stuff you hadnt even dreamed about.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Sadly, I am afraid you are correct.

Yet don't be surprised when it is met with thunderous applause. Far too many people still don't want to see what is happening. I hoped that people would get it before everything started really going down, but I think the PTB are moving too fast now.

On the other hand, perhaps they are moving so fast because people are catching on?

What I really wish is that people would look beyond partisanship on these issues. This isn't about a stem cell or a man marrying a man, this is about our country and the scoundrels that are screwing things up. It isn't just this administration or the last administration. More and more it is becoming clear that one has been building atop another, slowly dismantling the way this country was. Once they get the Fed infused with even more power, we'll start seeing more fireworks I bet.

And people will cheer, and they will wave their "Made in China" American flags.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As much as I dislike Bush, other Presidents have been less democratic than him.

Some of the actions President Lincon resulted in denying civil liberties that no other president has done. Suspending habeas corpus, imprisioning citizens without trial and spending money without the power of Congress.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

But, you would think that we would have learned such a lesson since 1865.

Though maybe we'll get a president eventually to make the same statement that he did, and maybe this time we'll understand the meaning a little bit more deeply:

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds.... "

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Some of the actions President Lincon resulted in denying civil liberties that no other president has done. Suspending habeas corpus, imprisioning citizens without trial and spending money without the power of Congress.

Hmm, that sounds EXACTLY like Bush.

You must not have been paying attention the past seven years.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is not breaking news.

It is a book review about a book whose author, Michael Parenti, drags every US president since Kennedy through the mud, with the exception of Jimmy Carter, Castro's buddy.

According to this "historian," Bush might be the biggest thug, but every president elected since 1960 is a thug, except, as noted, Jimmy Carter, whose presidency was so bad that it defies description.

All these presidents are called thugs because of "their dedication to a U.S. global interventionist policy."

I guess Carter doesn't make the list because his attempted rescue of the American hostages in Iran was a complete and utter failure. If the rescue had succeeded, then I guess Carter would have made the list. Why the "historian" chose to ignore the fact that US intervention into Afghanistan against the Soviets began under Carters' administration is beyond me.

His [Michael Parenti's] “thug” list includes Presidents John Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. Conspicuously absent from his list are Republican Dwight Eisenhower and Democrat Jimmy Carter.

www.opednews.com...

I'm not fond of all the presidents on this list, either, but if I were to choose the word thug to describe any of them, it would have to be Nixon. I'd call Clinton a thug, but he hasn't the backbone to qualify as a thug. Scoundrel is a sufficient term for Clinton.

[edit on 2008/3/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
He can't be the biggest thug. He doens't run the country. Cheney does.
If you want to say Cheney is the biggest thug recently ... okay.

As far as 'the biggest thug' .. I'm thinking Andrew Jackson.
I like the guy ... but he was a thug.

[edit on 3/29/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

Well,
At least I've been paying attention to history and understand there have been other Presidents who can be called the same notion. Just as GradyPhilpott pointed out.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights

Originally posted by infinite

Hmm, that sounds EXACTLY like Bush.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking too. Bush has literally, almost single-handedly OBLITERATED the constitution which has stood the test of time for over two centuries in a mere 7 years. He has trampled the rights and liberties of this nation and the international nations abroad. He is a true monster.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I wouldn't say obliterated just yet, only because we are not past the point of redemption, imo. Yes things are bad, yes things more than likely from my vantage point will get worse, but we still have some time on our side.

Not to mention, once you refer to the constitution as destroyed, are you not, in your own way solidifying that idea even further?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Good points...But how do we stop further erosion when ALL of our future 'leaders' are hand-picked and working for the same special-interest groups who are behind all of this? We've seen that someone who could flip this 180 degrees (Ron Paul) has an absolute CONSPIRACY against him from the media outlets to make sure that mainstream TV-influenced america either doesn't get to even hear what he has to say, or they propegandize him as a "whacko" to sway the masses.

I know we can get the word out ourselves, but it seems like it's not able to overcome this whole vast conspiracy between the Corporate / M.I.C. /Gov / MSM ruled electoral process of who controls this country.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Tell me about it. :shk:

Saying there is a lot of work to be done is definitely an understatement, but I wonder how much we let the PTB move forward if we accept a defeat by changing our viewpoint too much.

How are we going to change it? Not too sure, but I do not believe anymore that people are in need of "waking up." I think most people have already woken up to what is going on. The next step is to get over that fear. No one says too much, because I believe people are scared now that they have woken up. I don't want to speak for you necessarily, but think back to when you really started to see things for what they are. Anger yes, but I can't believe there wasn't some initial fear. I know I had it, and my friends have/had it.

That's my personal theory on things as they stand now. People need to overcome the fear of what they know and face it. I don't see hope lost yet though, losing hope would mean game over and we would already be completely screwed.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

You're absolutely right. My initial reaction was DENIAL. I couldn't believe that the things that were starting to surface could even be possible--Not in america...Then I started to feel the fear and dread you talked of....Now I am simply growing angrier and angrier with what is occurring. The whole contempt these thugs show towards the masses like we are nobody is infuriating and it gets worse by the day!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Tell me about it. :shk:

Saying there is a lot of work to be done is definitely an understatement, but I wonder how much we let the PTB move forward if we accept a defeat by changing our viewpoint too much.

How are we going to change it? Not too sure, but I do not believe anymore that people are in need of "waking up." I think most people have already woken up to what is going on. The next step is to get over that fear. No one says too much, because I believe people are scared now that they have woken up. I don't want to speak for you necessarily, but think back to when you really started to see things for what they are. Anger yes, but I can't believe there wasn't some initial fear. I know I had it, and my friends have/had it.

That's my personal theory on things as they stand now. People need to overcome the fear of what they know and face it. I don't see hope lost yet though, losing hope would mean game over and we would already be completely screwed.

The American people have been terrorized by the Bush regime. We have been afraid to speak out lest we be branded unpatriotic and Al Quesa sympathisers. We are afraid of being locked up without charges for what looks like a minimum of 3 years. Locked up in prisons whose horrendous living conditions and very real threat of rape and violence is piped into every home with cable or satellite TV on MSNBCs "Lockup" "Behind Bars" etc. While the criminals we would be locked up are profiled on bounty hunter and COPS type shows.

We were shown in 2000 (biggest example) that our votes don't count.

ok I'm depressed again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join