It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Hexagram?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I hope this is acceptable material for the general conspiracy forum.

I saw a structure I've dubbed the "Nevada Hexagram" (thanks for the naming correction laiguana!) in a Youtube video many of you have probably seen called "Secret Places of The Earth". If you haven't here is a link for you: au.youtube.com...

This structure is thrown in with all the other locations explored in the above video, but I thought it had to be photoshopped in or something considering it's size and complexity. However following where the camera went in the video I found it for myself... It really seems to be there.

Here is a screenshot from my own computer to verify it's actually still there and isn't some sort of Google Earth modification.

What on Earth is this? It isn't marked by landmarkers or anything on Google Earth despite being so unique. There are user-posted information dots but they're all asking the same questions I am, nobody seems to know what it is!

Is it a missle launch site of some sort? Is it a religious thing? Is it a base for somebody? I figured if anybody would know, it would be ATS posters.
What's the deal with this Hexagram structure?

[edit on 29/3/08 by Duality]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It looks like a Surface to Air Missile site. I bet it's somewhere near Nellis AFB. They have dozens of SAM sites out on the bombing ranges for training. The central square is the control site, the others are the launchers.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

That would be a hexagram and it doesn't look all that interesting to me. Not even that precise.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It looks like a Surface to Air Missile site. I bet it's somewhere near Nellis AFB. They have dozens of SAM sites out on the bombing ranges for training. The central square is the control site, the others are the launchers.

I had considered that, it is very plausible. If it turns out somebody knows for sure it's for missles I think I'll be a little sad. It's such a beautiful thing to look at, it seems wrong for it to be dispensing death...

On another note I just realised that if you have Google Earth updated to a version that can show the sky, the Messier 101 Galaxy appears directly above the site. This sort of leans me towards thinking it has some sort of significance maybe religiously or ritualistically?

It seems like a huge coincidence for it to be aligned with this otherwise, but it may be a coincidence or I may be using the Sky mode incorrectly. Corrections are most welcome here!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
As Zaphod said, this is a air to surface training spot. You will find one in the Ocala National forest in north central FL as well.

That would also be closer to the Star of David than a pentagram.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by Duality

That would be a hexagram and it doesn't look all that interesting to me. Not even that precise.

Ahh jeez! You're right. Thanks for the correction, I've edited the thread accordingly

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's a Soviet SA-2 missile site. Very common in the 60s and 70s. It's what shot down the U-2 over the Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Is there a way to confirm this? Not that I'm trying to throw a spanner into the wheel but can we get coordinate confirmation from some sort of military base listing?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality

On another note I just realised that if you have Google Earth updated to a version that can show the sky, the Messier 101 Galaxy appears directly above the site.

Oh now that's interesting.
I gotta go update google earth.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the "magen" star of david, is two intersecting triangles, one pointing down, the other pointing up which represents, as above, so below (among other things). man reaching up to God and God reaching down to man.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

I don't have coordinates to find, but about the only base out in Nevada that would have something like this is Nellis, which is home of Red Flag, which is the most realistic training available. Pilots that have gone through Red Flag have said combat was easy afterwards. And the US doesn't use SAM sites anymore.

More:

This panoramic includes the soviet "spoon rest"radar at the right. [Actually, this is a variant of the Spoon Rest, since the array at the back gate has 16 yagi antennas, while the Spoon Rest has 12.] You can click on the image to get a higher resolution image. [Dejavu plug in required.] The Spoon Rest has an interesting history. It is associated with the SA-2 surface to air missile system. This is the missile that shot down Gary Power's U2 over Russia. The SA-2 sites were one of the early targets in the 2nd Gulf War. SpaceDaily.com reported a "spoon rest" radar was destroyed on 11/21/2002 in the "No Fly" zone as a precursor to the coalition attack on Iraq:

www.lazygranch.com...

Fan Song radar used by the SA-2. Photo taken at Nellis AFB:
en.wikipedia.org...:Antloppk.jpg

[edit on 3/29/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I dislike bumping my own threads, but I wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on this site matching up perfectly (at least through Google Earth) with that Messier galaxy.

The explanation of the missile sites is extremely plausible but I thought I'd examine this final avenue before I give it up and settle on that explanation.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sorry, it's an SA-2 site. Nothing more than that. Here are other SA-2 sites that look remarkably similar.

They're not identical, but the layout is. An SA-2 site was always set up in a Star of David pattern. That's how they were recognized as an SA-2 site.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It is, indeed, either a SA site or an artillery emplacement. I've seen lots of photographs of sites like this in my time.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ahhh, great! That's what I was looking for, some very, very similar sites that are confirmed military installations.

I guess the galaxy is a coincidence, thanks a lot for that info.

new topics

top topics

join