It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new forum idea..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
i see we have another 'et insider' claiming they are going to 'tell all' on the board again. perhaps we should have a new forum just for 'whistleblowers'...

they may make 2 posts... first post explaining who they are and why they are imparting the information or whatever fits, and in their second post - THE INFORMATION (sorry for shouting there but i do feel it needs to be in capitals if it is that important).

otherwise we will just keep getting endless pages of arguments for and against the OP before they even say anything.

hoaxers string members along and love the trouble they cause, genuine people with information would understand the need for it to be lain out plainly before everybody.

real 'inside information' shouldn't be entertainment!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Great point I agree,I just came from reading that post about "the rabbit hole".So I think there should be a forum for whistleblowers.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've been struggling with this issue for a long time... On the one hand we don't want to "scare" anyone away or create so negative an atmosphere that an honest agent would be repelled by and on the other hand I can't stand the bloody hoaxers either.

We as a community are pretty good at flushing the hoaxers out although it can take a while to do it. I have considered making an addition to the TAC that speaks to this issue, something like, "if you claim to have information that is extraordinary, you must present it, in it's entirety, within the first two posts you make on the forum".

While that will give us the leeway to insta-ban hoaxers I fear it could also serve to scare certain genuine whistle blowers away. It's a tough situation and a complex issue that a new forum won't resolve.

I think for now, if the membership will alert the staff when these type threads pop up we will deal with these on a case by case basis. With 4,000 new posts a day it's impossible for us to see them all that's why we created the alert button, please use it.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well since we all trust the 3 amigos ( I mean... after all they gave us this place to discuss these things). I'd suggest any whistleblowers present some kind of evidence to any of them 3 so that they can guarantee for the whistleblowers authenticity without endagering the whistleblower.

Something simple in the forum by any of the 3 amigos stating something like: "I checked it out it's authentic" would be enough crediblety for me.

I know some people would like to see the evidence first hand, or maybe all of us would, but sometimes that's not possible.

Also maybe threads started by persons who handed over some sort of evidence could maybe have a [AUTHENTIC] sign in the name, just like proven hoaxes have [HOAX] in their threadname.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I have considered making an addition to the TAC that speaks to this issue, something like, "if you claim to have information that is extraordinary, you must present it, in it's entirety, within the first two posts you make on the forum".

Excellent idea! ATS needs this.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I AGREE! I mentioned a similar idea as a tangent to a response of someone who claimed to be in contact with extraterrestrial beings. The thread was "My EXperiences With an Alien Entity--and a Question..." by Jimbo68. He claimed to have "DIRECT OBSERVABLE EVIDENCE that I have actually WITNESSED." This was my response to the thread:

"I'm relatively new at this site, but I have an opinion on how to deal with threads like this. I have read WAY more than a few threads of an individual purportedly being contacted by, or in contact with, alien(s), God(s), mythical creatures, or otherwise privy to secret information. Many of these individuals CLAIM to have evidence, but when urged to present the evidence, they INSTEAD present excuses. I think that perhaps when someone posts a topic dealing with some kind of mysterious contact AND claims to be in possession of HARD EVIDENCE (not PROOF mind you) then that person should have a limited amount of replies to present said evidence before the a MOD kills the thread. That's my opinion. Sorry if you think that's presumptuous for someone new around here to suggest that. But it seems the people who tend to make these kinds of posts have very few themselves. Plus I don't think lies and, quite possibly, delusions should be encouraged."

I think there are hoaxers, and (let's be honest) less than wholly sane people at this site among the sane, intelligent and enlightened that are here as well. I am not advocating the outright suppression of ideas by any means. What I am advocating is the restriction of posts and threads by people who claim to have PROOF that never present any. I think if you claim to have TANGIBLE PROOF in the form of audio, video, picture, etc. than either you present it within a set amount of responses or your thread is killed or you are BANNED. That's my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join