It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges dropped against Marine in Haditha case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Charges dropped against Marine in Haditha case

www.breitbart.com

Charges against a US Marine allegedly involved in the killing of 24 Iraqi civilians in the town of Haditha were dropped on Friday ahead of his trial, the military said in a statement.

A court martial for lance corporal Stephen Tatum had been due to start on Friday on charges of involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.

However in a statement released from the Marines Camp Pendleton base outside San Diego, the military said the charges had been dismissed "in order to continue to pursue the truth seeking process into the Haditha incident."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Why in the world would the prosecution of this soldier hinder the pursuit of the truth involving the Haditha massacre. This is such a bogus statement because in actuality pursuing the prosecution would help expose what happened as most court cases do.

I am so tired of the lies and crimes that go without any accountability. The Haditha massacre was a huge issue at one point and now even the guy they scapegoated gets off.

Some might say that is good news but these guys take the first opportunity to pin something on one person and follow through so the fact that this guy was set free probably means he was really involved.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I always knew nobody will be charged in this so-called "case".

It was just a show for the public.

I do not think Marines have the time or the manpower to start opening up files from Iraq about incidents such as Haditha, because we all know there are many, many similar cases like that - only they have never been recorded. Even with the smartest bombs in history of warfare, in Iraq there are still 90% civilian casualties. So what does that tell you?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I always knew nobody will be charged in this so-called "case".

It was just a show for the public.

I do not think Marines have the time or the manpower to start opening up files from Iraq about incidents such as Haditha, because we all know there are many, many similar cases like that - only they have never been recorded. Even with the smartest bombs in history of warfare, in Iraq there are still 90% civilian casualties. So what does that tell you?

That they were not civilians...............Bravo JAG got this one right.....

Now charge the idiot general who brought the charges in the first place. Conduct unbecoming is a good start.

Haditha was a great victory and should be added to the Marine Hymm.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Why in the world would the prosecution of this soldier hinder the pursuit of the truth involving the Haditha massacre.

Maybe because the truth is .. he didn't do anything wrong.

So they want to dig in and find out more facts. Let them.
If he is guilty they'll arrest him again.

Sounds like you have already decided he's guilty. He isn't ya' know.
Innocent until proven guilty. They obviously don't have the evidence
to proclaim him guilty. They want additional investigations done.

You'd rather an innocent soldier go to jail? Apparently so.

Originally posted by Beefcake
I am so tired of the lies and crimes ...

I am so tired of the people who scream for American blood when they haven't done anything wrong.

Hang-em. Damn the lack of evidence.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The best explanation with what they say would be "he rolled on someone"

There probably dropping the charges in turn he will have to testify on the REAL criminal . And or whoever ordered the "strike"

Atleast thats what wishfull thinking tells me .. Hopefully he don't get "suicided"

join