It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vatican ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
ghost captured on video 07/2006

supporting evidence: photograph of what seems to be the same entity taken 08/23/2007

vatican city ghost

Picture was taken in the summer of 2007 at the Vatican in Rome. It seems to have captured the floating image of a woman in the air in front of the statue of St. Peter. This was not visible at the time and does not appear in a series of pictures taken of the same view that morning.

A similar figure has been posted as a video under "Vatican City Ghost" on YouTube by some tourists recorded in the summer of 2007 as well. The figure looks very much the same, just a different color.

--Jim G.
courtesy of Coast To Coast am

[edit on 29-3-2008 by reject]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The video has already been covered a fair few times in various threads.

I haven't seen the picture before though, but there looks to be a pole coming out of the bottom of blue thing...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

It may have been "covered" previously, but this is the first time I hear about this.

Interesting.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FudgeStix

It does look like a pole.

Could it be - I apologise if it sounds ridiculously obvious - a banner of some sorts?

There are banners during papal audiences, for example. This is obviously a totally different occasion, but still... considering the pole and the skirt-like movement of the thingy - and even the colour (banners are often red) - it could be a banner, a fanion of some sorts.

(Which would also explain why "nobody was looking in that direction", as the boy said. The fact that he didn't "see" it could be explained by the fact that he wasn't paying attention to it either - "live", I mean - but once a thing is recorded and framed, the visual context changes and one can notice things that hadn't attracted their attention "live".)

Anyone?

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I too have seen this before but thye ghost was red and not blue. I do not know if this is the same story.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Monteriano

It is not blue, Monteriano - it IS red.
The blue thing is just a processed picture, it seems.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Hi there reject,
Yeah, it has been covered here before. If I remember correctly it was thought to be a coloured cloth held aloft (presumably on some kind of pole) ... used by tourist guides, so that members of their party don't get lost.

Not sure if this was ever proven to be the case in this instance or not, but I'm sure you could find the ATS thread about it if you typed 'Vatican Ghost' into the search engine.

Woody

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you watch the video closely there are shadows on the wall of the "Ghost". To my knowledge ghosts do not usually cast shadows. This would explain the Banner theory. The banner is what is casting the shadow and why the image was in a different location than before.

top topics

join