It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian 'witch' tied to tree, beaten by mob

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
What viewpoint? Are you referring to the factual truth I refer to?

I was referring to this, from your original post

Well, we are good at indoctrination, perhaps invading and forcing democracy sandwhiches down their throats is good punishment.

I think its a particularly arrogant viewpoint.

Now that wasn't hard to understand, was it? I mean, I did make it clear the first time, because thats the part of your post I quoted.

So, based on the "circumstantial" evidence I just posted, what are you trying to tell me? That you didn't mean it the way its written? I would suggest you consider re-phrasing it if thats the case because a number of people above read it the same way as I did and responded to it accordingly.

[edit on 30/0308/08 by neformore]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I know enough about India to make an assessment without interruptions from bruised egos. I have seen you, soulslayer, state your anti-Pakistan rhetoric over ATS and even go so far as to suggest war for no reason in particular but to satisfy your own hate. How is this any better than what you believe some have wrongly suggested against India? It is time for you to grow up and examine your own hipocracy. I have lost interest in further responses.

Ancient India was a beacon of civilization and spirituality. In contrast, Modern India is one of the world's least civilized places. It harbors some of Earth's worst examples of neglect and squalor, and has a greater GDP than some European nations. India spends billions indiscriminately while it's citizens live in abject misery and fear. Not just of their hopeless tomorrows, but of each other as this news and hundreds of other headlines like it proves. I would be a poor humanitarian to not consider an interventionist liberation.

The difference between your stance on India and my stance on Pakistan is that India has never attacked your country, while Pakistan continues to send terrorists over the border to destroy Indian land.

Yes India has its problems, but its only 50 years old as a modern nation. Needless to say I doubt the 300 years of colonial rape and pillage of resources has helped the situation. It was western interventionist attitudes that destroyed the "beacon of civilization" as you yourself put it, why should it help any more this time around?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Nevermore...

Well, we are good at indoctrination, perhaps invading and forcing democracy sandwhiches down their throats is good punishment.

I think its a particularly arrogant viewpoint.

Why because it says we have a history of indoctrination? Um... A few off the top of my head? Arbitrary educational curriculums. Mass media owned by five corporate heads. Militarily. German POWs during WWII. Japanese after WWII. Hell, we are presently being indoctrinated by fear (terror levels). And if you didn't notice the "democracy sandwhiches" was sarcasms aimed at my dislike of this ideology, if that my fault?

You should practice seeing things from more angles.
You'll look smarter with the mod title.

AAC

[edit on 30-3-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

[edit on 30-3-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
why should it help any more this time around?

It may not help. Violence rarely solves a problem. I also have no animosity towards India's heritage or right to self government.

However, as a great man once said, we have no moral authority not to act. This lines requires some consideration. It means, if we can help, we must. The priorities of the modern Indian government are so disconnected from the urgent realities in India, that it generates a situation we are compelled to respond to.

I wish we could liberate and help the millions of disaffected individuals. The humor in this thread is greatly exaggerated and is only a suggestion of the frustration we all feel when things like this happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Why because it says we have a history of indoctrination?

Umm

Well, we are good at indoctrination

Does not say "we have a history of indoctrination", at least not in any English that I understand. Maybe you hid the extra words and meanings in some alternate dimension? Most people write what they mean - you seem to expect readers to have some kind of telepathy that interprets something completely different from what you have written.

You should practice seeing things from more angles.
You'll look smarter with the mod title.

Maybe you should read what you type? It doesn't say what you think it does.

[edit on 31/0308/08 by neformore]

[edit on 31/0308/08 by neformore]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Thanks for replying in a more considered way, I will try to do the same.

Your viewpoint is of course valid, but respecting self governance and touting intervention are irreconcilable in my opinion.

Intervention didnt help in Afghanistan, it didnt help in Iraq, it didnt help in Vietnam...

Intervention did help in the two world wars of course.

That is the difference here. You cannot intervene against a nation that is minding its own business. You can intervene against a nation that is agressive towards yours.

All im saying is, what gives your country the moral right to judge mine? And what capabilities does it have to build a better country if it were to invade mine?

India IS only 50 years old as a modern nation. Even if it takes us another 50 to get up to modern standards, it is well worth the struggle.
Self reliance is our birthright.
Half of us starved in the 50s and 60s when American food aid was tied to stopping hostilities with pakistan, when they were the agressors. That led to the Green Revolution which made India self reliant on food to a greater extent.

So yes you see uncultured, uncivilized, uneducated and unfed people in India, but dont make the grevious mistake of assuming that we are not trying to help them. It just takes time...let us get on with the job rather than invading and setting us back another 50 years.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Soulslayer, thank you. You have given me something to think about. If your intentions were the same as the Indian authorities, and I could be assured that was so, I would withdraw my remarks about intervention.

Neformore. It appears you are arguing for arguing's sake man. Are you trying to reach an understanding here or is it a game of your ego vs the OP?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
These witchhunts are nothing new to us, the Salem witchhunts were horrendous enough imagine all the people on this board that would be timberwood. Blasmasphy, lol.

Just do to the cause of suspicion of something outside mankinds ability to grasp, nothing more then a thoughtform.

And people wonder why Nostradamus spoke as he did, wise but not mis-spoken.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Let me be clear...

"History of Indoctrination" versus "Good at indoctrination."

On second thought... Semantics, why bother?

But is it curious how this got me the "ignorant" accusation.

AAC

[edit on 31-3-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join