It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Norad Stand Down in 2 Minutes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Ivan, why do you ignore facts when they are presented to you? You just admitted yourself that all you do is get your information from Google.

Your typical cut and paste magic is from 911 Blogger.

Geesh

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
A friend of yours captain obvious? lol

Good modship here...

[edit on 30-3-2008 by IvanZana]

Mod Note : Stay On Topic Please

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JOEYSINNER

Quite a vulgar triple post. All people are equal, regardless if they live in North or South America, if they live in Europe or Asia, or if they live in Africa, Australia, or some islands/frozen tundra.

U.S.Americans and Middle Easterners cry, bleed, mourn, and feel pain exactly the same. Racism is not to be tolerated from anyone. Please refrain from future aggression and attacks towards whole sections of the world, and refrain from using all caps.

Thank you.

As far as the planes, didn't MythBusters inadvertently prove the possibility of the planes being programmed/remotely flown in their show about landing a plane?

Remember, neither of them could land the plane in the simulator the first time. There are switches you flip and the plane pretty much lands itself. It is programmed to do so. Not only do we know they use remote flight to test crash planes, but now we also know that every passenger plane is equipped with a very sophisticated auto-pilot capable of even landing a jumbo jet. Such an A.I. would certainly be capable of more than a straight flight auto-pilot most people think of, so, technically, the planes could have been hijacked without the cabin being infiltrated, ala The Lone Gunmen pilot.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There is an autolanding in many planes, that will get you CLOSE to the runway, but not down onto the runway. The pilot still has to get it the rest of the way down. However it is very easy to disconnect that system. If worse comes to worse, you simply pull the circuit breaker on the back wall of the cockpit. They are all clearly marked as to which one is for what system, so it's simply a matter of finding the ones marked autopilot and pulling them, and control is restored.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sigh, remote technology has been around since the early 1900's.

Here is remote technology aswell as T.v guided technology being applied to World war 2 aircraft to make them tv guided suicide planes, like the 911 planes.

Remember this was 60 years ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

I love how he totally dodges when presented with the actual facts of his (incorrect) claims!

He basically said, "Ya, but....".

He gets kudos from a mod for being "thought provoking", except his entire premise is false. When does thought provoking become propaganda?

It's more than satisfying to see truthers high-fiving each other only to have the actual facts presented and observe the conspicuous following silence.

Of course, as a stickler for understanding the actual facts, and how they do matter makes me a debunker.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Which is a political opinion and has zero to do with 9-11 being an inside job but yet, is presented as evidence of such.

Which only makes sense to political hacks using 9-11 to validate their world views and political beliefs.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly
So in answer to your question, does it really matter whether it was 20 minutes or 8 minutes...

To the typical truther? No, the actual facts don't matter.

Basically, you’re choosing to cast dispersions on the President as being an complete idiot who couldn't react when needed.

To you, the fact that the President didn't stand up, scream "THE SKY IS FALLING" and run screaming out of the classroom is evidence of a fool and that 9-11 was an inside job.

That was your insinuation, although I am pretty sure you'll try to back off of that now.

IMO, truthers think and react emotionally and say things that aren't even remotely accurate. When pressed on the actual facts or details, they typically either ignore the question outright, engage in semantic arguments or claim - like you - that the incorrectness of their statement doesn't really matter.

The truth is in the correct grasp and understanding of the details, which do matter.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

Slightly....

Yes. Ivan is notorious for mass spamming this board with nothing but links to 911 blogger and other truther websites. When you do question him .. he reposts his OP. Typical.

I too was surprised that the MOD here was all excited with this OP from Ivan. "Deny Ignorance?" Pfffft... not quite.

High Fives replace facts with 911 Truthers!!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I'd hardly say since "the early 1900s" since the first flight by the Wright brothers was in 1903, but yes remote control technology has been around since WWII at least. But to get a plane to be able to fly by remote control has required extensive and OBVIOUS modifications to that aircraft. And don't even try to give me that chip that Boeing used. That chip has nothing to do with remote control technology, and by the time they were using it these planes that were used on 9/11 had already been in service for YEARS. Anyone who knows planes, from the pilots that have to do a walk around inspection, to the mechanics who service the planes, to people sitting in the terminal (notice I said who knows planes) would have noticed the modifications. At the very least, externally you would have had extra antennas, and internally you would have had other things that would have stood out immediately to the crew.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think the book reading is irrelevant to the fact that the jets were not scrambled in any timely fashion. Certainly proves at the least gross negligence.

Thats something that bothers me about this. Everyone is busy looking for a conspiracy or debunking a theory that most people don't consider the criminal negligence that went on that day.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The system failed that day yes. They were looking for threats outside the country coming in, not threats inside the country. However, loss of a transponder, or loss of communication is NOT an automatic alert to scramble fighters. For that matter, there were only 14 fighters that day defending the entire United States. Yes there are a few thousand in the US, but only between 14-21 are constantly armed and ready to launch against threats. Planes can lose their transponder or radio for perfectly innocent reasons, and it takes time to figure out if it's an innocent reason, or if it's something going on other than a mechanical failure, like a hijacking.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We've debated this in another thread but to reiterate:

There was ample time to scramble jets in Washington, and the press knew to be there. If our military didn't they are negligent, if they did (know) and didn't show, they are also criminal. I don't speak of the entire military, only the ones responsible.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Yes. Ivan is notorious for mass spamming this board with nothing but links to 911 blogger and other truther websites. When you do question him .. he reposts his OP. Typical.

Tis true CO.

Ivan started this thread that is almost identical to the one we are discussing now. When I confronted him with facts that proved he was in error, I was met with more spam blaming the Israelis and a hostile remark. Quite typical.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Stop.

We are not discussing members here. Please discuss the topic at hand or refrain from posting at all.

Thank you.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Except there were no alert fighters in Washington. All that they could have launched were unarmed fighters that would have had to ram the plane, or sat and watched while it crashed anyway. There were 7 bases around the US that had alert fighters ready to go, and none of them were in Washington.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Andrews Air Force Base was aware of the attacks and they were prepping jets to be launched but they didn't make it in time because the fighters were not on alert.

If Andrews was an alert site then I could see your point, but they weren't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join