It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Offender Forced to Put Warning Signs on House & Car

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
I strongly believe the point is missed here.

It is NOT about the crime, it is about being tagged as a criminal.

And here is my point.

We start tagging child molestors with yellow triangles.
Next, we start tagging rapists with red triangles.
Next, we start tagging shop lifters with blue triangles.
Next, we start tagging suspected terrorists with orange triangles.
Next, we start chasing away ... because the community demands it (fill out your favorite hated group)
Next, we start deporting ... because ...

And so on.

There is a serious danger here if tagging is accepted by the community, regardless of crime.

O, and for the record, if someone molests any of my choldren I take care of that individual myself without police intervention, and yes I feel capital punishment is warrented for repeat offenders for this particular crime.

So we should not do this like sex leads to dancing? I have seen many Atheist websites arguing this same logic that we are some how too hard on sex offenders. I have no idea why that is but gretachristina.typepad.com...

She gives similar arguments where I am sure if you post there you will get plenty of affirmation. Here however, I doubt you'll get much in the way of entertaining such a logical fallacy that if we do it to this kind of criminal we will find or way to doing it to others.

Saying you are for the Death penalty for repeat offenders doesn't side track my concentration on your central message however and in most cases, a repeat offender is a given.

- Con

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I was caught up in a bizarre situation at 14. A cop and his wife befriended the neighborhood kids. I babysat for their two kids. As time went on they incorporated me into some sicko behaviour. He begged me to have sex with his wife. I couldn't. But felt her up and made out with her and it haunts me to this day.
So I kind of have a legitimate feeling of adults who take advantage of young and dumb kids.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
I doubt you'll get much in the way of entertaining such a logical fallacy that if we do it to this kind of criminal we will find or way to doing it to others.

Sorry, I cannot disagree more with you and others who have posted in this thread. (But I will defend your right to disagree)

However horrible the crime, tagging like this is unconstitutional, and holds severe dangers for the future if society allows it.

Who decides which crime is horrible enough for tagging to be allowed?
You the victims?

Somewhere along the line someone might decide to tag potential terrorists using the tagging of pedofiles as precedent.

Think people.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

If he did it- then absolutely. If he didn't then this will cause and start a problem like me saying you are a sex offender post a sign or have my accusation created a sign and post it your yard reading SEX OFFENDER- PERVERT- NOT TO BE TRUSTED!

And all you did was gloat when you won a game of checkers and me being the sore loser called you a pedophile rapist!

Bet you wish you hadn't challenged me to game or took me up on my challenge!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by NwestJagsfan
This guy is not a typical Sex Offender. A majority of SO's are guys who were 18-20 and got hooked up with a 14-16 year old. While wrong, it's something a majority of people have done in their lives.

You must live in the south? I know they start young down there but its still not legal.

In many states the legal age of consent is 16. What may be illegal in one state can be perfectly legal in another.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
.... I have seen many Atheist websites arguing this same logic that we are some how too hard

Con,
This has nothing to do with Atheist V Christianity.
You know my feelings on all that.

I suspect that we have very similair views on this subject.

Paedophiles are the scum of the earth and I am disgusted that there are apologists for their behaviour here.

Don't know how many people here on ATS have witnessed the effects that these monsters have on their victims and their families at first hand, it's something I truly wouldn't wish on anyone.
It is abolutely soul destroying and some victims never recover.
They have to suffer a true life sentence.

If only people had as much care and consideration for the victims and put as much effort into supporting weeding these evil scumbags out of society rather than worrying about the "constitution" etc maybe we would see a reduction in these types of crimes.

What chance have we got when we read stories like this:
www.people.co.uk...=castrate-me-now-or-your-kid-s-next%26method=full%26objectid=20367195%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

But is that a crime that would be worth the death penalty? .. Because it has happened before, and this is just a bullseye .. The guy is lucky if he can make it a week before his car is torn apart and his house is not burned to the ground.

Maybe we should go back to early civilization and tattoo peoples crimes on their forehead so they cannot interact with society.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'm with ya Freeborn. Harsher penalties and laws would stop these guys. No child deserves to be molested by some pervert, and the pervert doesn't need any help by people saying, ahh! that poor guy.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
While I agree in the majority of cases, I think discretion needs to be applied.

Here is such a situation. I had a friend growing up. He was 16 dating a 15 year old. They had 'consensual' sex, but the father found out and had him charged. She being 15 was considered unable to consent, even though she was the physically aggressive one. Now this guy has a sex offender status for quite a long time because he allowed himself to be taken advantaged of by a promiscuous girl that he had been seeing for around a year, that just happened to be a few months younger than him.

There was also a story in central FL, a radio personality was in a 18+ female 21+ male club, IDs checked at the door. He met a lady and I think took her home or dated her, something to that effect. He was later arrested, even though he met her in a place that is 18+, had an ID that said she was of legal dating age ... he was still in trouble for this. This is also an excusable situation imho.

So, in cases such as that, no, I don't agree with the signs or even having to tell everyone you are a 'sex offender', because in reality, they aren't.

BUT, every single child molester, say 12 and under (because of the club thing above, some girls 13-17 with a fake ID shouldn't have a guy castrated, so basically, the age the girl appears needs to be weighed into the decision), could be castrated without me arguing.

Every child molester and serial rapist should also have signs on their car, on the doors of their house, and possible some kind of pin or something to identify the creep.

I did say serial rapist, because people do get wrongly accused and convicted at times. But if they did it twice, then it probably isn't a false accusation nor two false convictions (though still possible). Just look at those LaCrosse players that had all that trouble from the false accusations. They went through hell for a year and people remember the bad and the original story usually more times than the truth.

So, undeniable, irrefutable proof the person is a sexual predator (male or female, no double standards), then I am all for the signs and castration.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
its just too bad that people dont feel as strongly about murder as they do about sex offenders.

If I went out and got an (illegal) hooker and had safe consentual sex with her, would I be given the same punishment as this pedo? If I had safe sex with her I would be doing society better than a bar hopper who has unprotected sex.

This is exactly whats wrong with society, the pedo should be locked up, the murderer should be locked up. Together even. But "pedo" and "sex offender" become the same crime and now what?

There are people in jail for marijuana and 9yo girl molesters out on the street. We need to think about the officials we elect and the laws we pass if we want to progress as a whole.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This pervert molested a nine year old girl and he has the nerve to complain about the signs? He got off extremely easy. He is lucky as hell that he is not in prison getting raped up the arse and then brutally murdered by bubbuh and his crew. I truly hope that some one with a gun sees him driving down the road with those signs on his car. I hope they pull their gun out and shoot him in cold blood. I have no symapthy for this sicko what so ever.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
This pervert molested a nine year old girl and he has the nerve to complain about the signs? He got off extremely easy. He is lucky as hell that he is not in prison getting raped up the arse and then brutally murdered by bubbuh and his crew. I truly hope that some one with a gun sees him driving down the road with those signs on his car. I hope they pull their gun out and shoot him in cold blood. I have no symapthy for this sicko what so ever.

That would make society a worse place, not better. We have put to death over 200 people wrongly since 1979. We discovered dna and the rules changed. Would you still want pedos shot if someone you loved was falsely accused? How about your mother got convicted of it on trumped up charges? She was in between the first trial and appeal where dna evidence clears her, but was shot for having the sign on her car door?

You just condemed a man to death over information you got strictly from the internet. GG.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ok when is going to far going to far?

Yes this man is a sicko, yes he did a horrible act that he was punished for. But how far is too far? This is stretching it in my opinion. I am sorry yes while this guy is a sick bastard and should get everything that he has coming to him. To force this guy to put this stuff on his property is beyond fair punishment.

The Sex offender database in my opinion is fair punishment. Let those that want to know, know what this sick bastard did. Does he have to advertise his crime?

Let us say we do this with all crimes, speeding, shoplifting, spitting on the sidewalk, DUI.

Is it fair to be punished after you have served your sentence for the crime you have committed? Is it fair to be forced to advertise your crime when you already have to be held accountable for the rest of your life on a easily accessible database open for anyone to read, print and post within your neighborhood. Not to mention he already probably had to tell his neighbors about his despicable acts when he moved in. Now he has to drive around with his crime emblazoned on his car?

How far is too far? If we are to do this wouldn't it just be simpler to execute these sick SOB's than to force this cruel and unusual punishment on them?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

That would make society a worse place, not better. We have put to death over 200 people wrongly since 1979. We discovered dna and the rules changed. Would you still want pedos shot if someone you loved was falsely accused? How about your mother got convicted of it on trumped up charges? She was in between the first trial and appeal where dna evidence clears her, but was shot for having the sign on her car door?

You just condemed a man to death over information you got strictly from the internet. GG.

thats great and all, except I didnt condemn anybody. The judge did that. What in the world gives you the idea that this person was falsey accused and wrongfully convicted? Am i missing something or are you merely speculating? 200 people out of the millions and millions around the world that have been convicted of a crime since 1979 isnt half bad. statiscally speaking, if he was convicted thats a very tiny chance that he is innocent. bottome line is, molesting a child is wrong. You may feel that death is to harsh a punisment, however I disagree. You need to think of the child, and all the years of therapy they will need because this sicko decided to force them selves on them. I think you and me may just have agree to disagree on this one.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Pedo's arent ciminals in the normal sense imo they are mentaly insane and like other mentaly insane people who pose a THREAT to public safety should be locked up in an institution for life! Why should the children in the area be put at risk from a sexual predator? The children are innocent, the sexoffender is not so who should get the right to live safely over the other? Its a no brainer, if they are going to let him live in public then YES they HAVE to make people aware of the threat or they would be in neglect of helping prevent crimes.

Its NOT cruel and unusual punishment at all and the person did the crime so they have to live with the consequences and most people rank pedo's as the #1 scum so you cant blame the outcry's. Would you be willing to free this man and have him live annon only to reoffend? I care not about the offender but about stopping his next potential victim because it has been pointed out that THESE PEOPLE HAVE THE HIGHEST RATE OF REOFFENDING!

I am sorry but when it comes to protecting kids you have to be a bit extreme.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Ugh that 200 number isn't the "millions and millions" around the world, thats of just in the US. For the record, at its highest point, the US has only executred 1,099 people as of 2006.

That means 18% of all the people executed in the United States were innocent. The government, and by proxy each and every american citizen, is guilty of the unjustified death of another innocent human being (i.e. Murder)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

They shouldn't be jailed in a prison, they should be rehabilitated in a mental institution till its deemed that he no longer poses a threat to himself and others. For life? I dunno, I think people, even with mental conditions, can be taught to control themselves, seek support and councilling, and break it.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

I disagree, imo the innocent public's safety should be put in front of a convicted crimnals rights. Why should children be subjected to the potential of being harmed from a person who already proved they can do that type of harm? I personallly believe child kidnapping/molesting should be a 1 strike offence, then maybe LESS people would attempt it and the children out in public would be safer. Why should a person be released only to add an element of danger to innocent lives? It just doesnt make sense?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

Why should a home owner be put in harms way of a potential robbery from a released convicted burglar? The fact is the subject your touching on is borderline thought crime. The detaining or hindering of people before you think they might do something based on that they had done something in the past.

Why not just execute all criminals, after all, they were all convicted, why risk it?

In fact, underprivileged black youths in urban environments are umpteenth percent more likely to commit a felony, perhaps we should just round them up now and gas them, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this. If each case is individually reviewed then I agree with it but if you look on the websites there are several different levels of offences.

My neighbor and very good friend Jeremy is a sex offender and I have 2 little girls...I saw him on the website right after we moved into the neighborhood and walked right across the street and asked him about it point blank. He was charged as an offender when he was 18 his girlfriend was 16. It is now 9 yrs later and he is STILL married to this woman and have a child of their own. He says that he has to be on the list for another year and then he will be removed. I would not agree that he needs a sign on his car or house.

A little intelligence goes a long way in situations like this.

Unfortunately his circumstances are probably less than 1/10th of 1 percent. I am sure that most warrant such signs though

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join