It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DVDXCOPY ruled Illegal...Grrrrrrrr

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wow, I was just at Wal-Mart yesterday, and they still have it on the shelves. Wonder if they will pull it? I have never been successful at copying a dvd. I wasn't attempting anything illegal, I own the dvd, I was just trying to make a backup since my kids like to use them as frisbees.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think maybe the services like Kazaa will start charging about 40 cents a song or something, and give some of the proceeds to the artists. Thats just what I think will happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Whether the artist will be pleased that Kazaa is robbing them stealing some of the proceeds for themselves, and giving them a few cents instead of 15 dollars is another story.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i know how u can get it for free! for more info, pm me

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
Who knows, maybe they would make it a fine then, I know the fine for video copying + distributing or selling I believe is 100,000 dollars, I really see them starting to crack down on all this in the future.

You really seem to be one dillusional bastard. Oh wait here comes your response and its gonna start with this.
Dillusional

I try to make myself sound intelligent and superior to anyone who tries to prove me wrong. I love child molesters.
Child Molesters
MJ is innocent.

and thats the end of your post

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Who knows, maybe they would make it a fine then, I know the fine for video copying + distributing or selling I believe is 100,000 dollars, I really see them starting to crack down on all this in the future.

Okay, this is how I interpret your post:

I want to see kids who love music get the pants sued off of them so they dont stand a snowball's chance in heck of going to college and making a name for themselves in the real world and becoming succesful. And while I'm at it, I'd like to see their parents suffer too.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
this is BULLSH1T. why should i spend my hard earned money on dvd's when 90% of the profits are going to studio executives to make them richer than they already are?! besides this isn't going to stop anyone. this is only specific to dvdxcopy software that uses DeCSS. they can easily develop new software to circumvent this. theres already other free software all over the net that does the same thing as dvdxcopy, particularly dvd shrink ( which is FREE and far superior to dvdxcopy). and if u still want dvdxcopy most stores are still selling it, and if you cant find a copy try downloading it from kazaa (like i did). i got the full version of dvdxcopy platinum on kazaa and a registration crack on crackspider.net (which is also illegal, but who cares?!). some people get all uptight about burning dvd's, which is sad & pathetic. youre just brainwashed by the media and greedy corporations. you need to wake up and realize there are worse things than copyright infingement in this world.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

It is illegal though, and soon all types of copying will be. Just think about it, if in the not so distant future this was even more widespread, no one could afford to make movies anymore, no singers could afford to make music either, so all your entertainment devices would have no new sources. If you really want no more music ever, and no more movies ever, oh and of course no more games, then go ahead and support this.

/plays the worlds smallest violin followed by his flea symphony.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Actually, there is a music downloading service in which you state your price, make a donation to the artist and get their music. but there aren't any signed artists, its mostly no name bands that actually need cash to get careers moving. great tunes or fair tunes or something tunes. good site.

want free mp3s? welcome to the beautiful world of mp3.com

say goodbye to kazaa! its lame and you never get high quality! mp3.com is legal- artists put the music on the site. its free and fast. hooray! unless its closed, it was for a while

the fight for copying music and movies is grade A lame. to me, its really sucky because all the music i download is usually from, like i said,no name bands who are looking to get a name out there. free downloads is one of the only ways to do it!

my band is going to put music on the internet for free downloads, let em live!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Heres something that QuestForSafety needs to see...

Nielsen Rating System At Odds With RIAA's Claim Of "Lost Sales

To sum this up for those who don't want to waste their time reading the article and already know what a sack-of-crap the RIAA is and what kind of BS they are dishing out: The RIAA is using misleading statistics and actually shipping less product giving the appearance of less profit.

Actually now that I think about it, I hope the 'artists' (and i'm using this term in a very loose fashion) such as the current blitz of overproduced pop are taking a hit in the pocket. They are no talent wankers who are milking the people with a product not worthy of the use of bandwidht to pirate. Maybe if the message shifted from "Make music to get Rich" to "Make music because you love it" we would see a turnaround in things, but right now everyone knows that the pop fad is making money hand over fist, so any chance to undercut that hideous cancer is a plus in my book.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The artists dont make # from CD sales...they get a few cents every CD. They get the real money from concerts and appearances. The RIAA just has a broom up there ass and wants to # with everybody. People, if your on Kazaa just turn FileSharing off...thats the ONLY legal way they can get you...they are only going after people that share music...not downloaders...its not legal for them to find out who is downloading at the moment...the best way to get full CDs is off of Bit Torrent tho. Great thing that Bit Torrent...fast way to get out the newest tv shows.

But if you want some things that do the same thing as DVDXCopy get DVDecrypterp and DVDShrink.

You Get the Idea ^^

[Edited on 14-7-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

You Get the Idea ^^

[Edited on 14-7-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

HAHAHAHA i love that Picture its ssooooooooooooo true.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
People said the same Anti-Copying BS crap when the Blank Audio tape came out...watch MTV Cribs...I wish I could "suffer" like them...

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Dvd shrink and dvddecrypter both are free and easy to use.
My boy has destoyed a few of our movies and i lend them out all the time. I dont see what the problem is if i use 1 of these programs to make backups of the dvd's that i allready payed for. I can let the boy watch the copy or lend it out, and my original is safe from defects.

I am not saying go out and pirate a buch of movie, i'm not, but if you payed for it you should be able to make a back up of your property.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join