It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DVDXCOPY ruled Illegal...Grrrrrrrr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just bought a new dvd burner and was looking fowards to buying it.
www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
thats bull... all people are going to do now is start bootleging it across the internet...and isn't there software outthere that does the same...

Viva la resistance!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
blah, it's crap anyways, get a totally free copy of shrink dvd, plus a demo of nero, it'll do the trick. clonedvd is really good too.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It is illegal though, and soon all types of copying will be. Just think about it, if in the not so distant future this was even more widespread, no one could afford to make movies anymore, no singers could afford to make music either, so all your entertainment devices would have no new sources. If you really want no more music ever, and no more movies ever, oh and of course no more games, then go ahead and support this.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
It is illegal though, and soon all types of copying will be. Just think about it, if in the not so distant future this was even more widespread, no one could afford to make movies anymore, no singers could afford to make music either, so all your entertainment devices would have no new sources. If you really want no more music ever, and no more movies ever, oh and of course no more games, then go ahead and support this.

You are very much misinformed, none of this is true. You don't need money to make music. The only people that put money into music are the companies who blow it all on advertising and selling Britney posters so they can make MORE money. Before these manufactured times most musicians managed to make it on a guitar with two strings and an old crate, and they still sounded better than these idiots today.
Music is an art, if a musician wants to play music then it should be for the art, not the money. If their sole purpose is money then they are not artists and I don't want to hear their BS music. They should just love sharing their music with others, end of story.

Besides, most musicians make their money off gigs, not album sales. Don't worry, wacko jacko and Britney will still be able to make their millions of poster sales and the likes...

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Cry me a river. Yes our ability to undercut mass inflated prices will put billion dollar businesses out of just that business. I dont see a problem with cutting a small slice of the entertainment pie for myself rather than letting actors get millions for doing some fancy talking and facial expressions. Its just like professional sports the pay doesnt match the talent. Were not bankrupting the industry but rather going around inflated prices and low quality products. This reminds me of a question I was thinking about the other day. Whos right . Are prices high because people steal or people steal because prices are high in the first place.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This 'small slice' will grow. Besides, you do not seem to understand. If a singer is going to make only 20 dollars of one CD sale, then the rest are mass burned, they will not be able to afford making more music, or not want to bother. It is a waste of their time without money, not only would they lose money for spending the money to make the CD, but they would lose all the effort they put into it. Music sales are dropping more and more each year, for all singers as compared to their old averages. It this continues eventually it will be that a few hundred copies are bought, just to have some to start mass burning, and circulating online.

I would condone stealing food to survive, NOT stealing entertainment for fun. This thievery should not be practiced, if one cannot afford advanced entertainment, then stealing it should not be their first choice.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This 'small slice' will grow. Besides, you do not seem to understand. If a singer is going to make only 20 dollars of one CD sale, then the rest are mass burned, they will not be able to afford making more music, or not want to bother. It is a waste of their time without money, not only would they lose money for spending the money to make the CD, but they would lose all the effort they put into it. Music sales are dropping more and more each year, for all singers as compared to their old averages. It this continues eventually it will be that a few hundred copies are bought, just to have some to start mass burning, and circulating online.

You obviously didn't read my post, I already addressed this. You can remain blissfully ignorant if you want but I suggest you get a clue.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe you are the one ignoring the facts I stated throughout my post. Singers make less money now, and it costs MORE money for them to make a CD. Not posters, but to hire the facilities and people to make an actual CD. Of course you could continue turning a blind eye, and have music dissapear altogether.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Maybe you are the one ignoring the facts I stated throughout my post. Singers make less money now, and it costs MORE money for them to make a CD. Not posters, but to hire the facilities and people to make an actual CD. Of course you could continue turning a blind eye, and have music dissapear altogether.

I'll say it one more time, THEY MAKE MOST OF THEIR MONEY OUT OF TOURS!!!!!!!!!

and who wants the fakes about anyway? Obviously you'll need to read this again:

"Music is an art, if a musician wants to play music then it should be for the art, not the money. If their sole purpose is money then they are not artists and I don't want to hear their BS music. They should just love sharing their music with others, end of story."

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Their sole purpose is not money, but as I said this day in age to fund a CD money is needed, and guess where they get money to fund the tour? Their CD! It is just a cycle, which sure ones that are already rich and famous enough off old CD's can still go on tours or make money, but new musicians starting off, will be hard pressed to ever get far enough to have the money for a tour. As such, they WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF TOURS THAT WILL NEVER OCCUR!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
umm......................................................HELLO you didnt know that?????????????

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Again I'll have to say you have been seriously misinformed, whoever told you that is deluded (probably MJ "those bad people make it so that I only make a couple of million a year instead of 50. I now only live in a life of semi-luxery. Oh no, I can only get a silver jet instead of a gold one. :lol

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It is not All about famous people like Michael, it is about singers just starting out today, who try to release their first album, go into debt doing it, then do not even make enough to pay off the debt. As a result they can never even fantasize a tour, and end up giving up in the business, having to get some normal job to pay off the debt, goodbye music.

Still, even famous people are ripped off, it is unfair to them that they are not getting paid for each person 'purchasing' a CD, instead the person is buying a blank one from some 'dealer', this dealer is making money off of the talented artists work, it is a fraud, and form of thievery.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It is not about famous people like Michael, it is about singers just starting out today, who try to release their first album, go into debt doing it, then do not even make enough to pay off the debt. As a result they can never even fantasize a tour, and end up giving up in the business, having to get some normal job to pay off the debt, goodbye music.

awwww...you have no idea how musicians start out do you?

Anyway this is a waste of my time...

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, lets see what happens a long time from now, you will say you wished you would have listened, if you see a decrease in new music coming out, by about 70%.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I bootleg music from Kazaa. They can make it illegal, and shut file sharing networking services down, but we will always find a way to do it.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
However if it carries a 6 month prison term, and they find ways to effectively trace people online, people will just walk to the store and spend 15 dollars, instead of risking a criminal record.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They tried to track people down, and they did, but when they came to arrest them, most of them were like 6 yr old kids.

I think there would be too many people to arrest.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Who knows, maybe they would make it a fine then, I know the fine for video copying + distributing or selling I believe is 100,000 dollars, I really see them starting to crack down on all this in the future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join