It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honeybee dissapearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Just to bounce an idea around out there, is it possible that the weakening of the earths magnetic field is efficting the navigational systems of honeybees and making it impossible to find there way home? From what I have read the magnetic feild of the earth has decreased by 10% in the last 150 years. With little known about how honeybees actually navigate and no explination for there dissaperance, Im wondering if they navigate with an internal compass and if that compass is reduced in effectiveness the closer we get to a magnetic feild reversal?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nope its the cell phone towers and hybrid parasites.

Sorry for the one liner.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jdinaz

nobody knows for sure as of yet why they are dissappearing,

"According to Hans-Hinrich Kaatz, a professor at the University of Halle in eastern Germany and the director of the study, the bacterial toxin in the genetically modified corn may have "altered the surface of the bee's intestines, sufficiently weakening the bees to allow the parasites to gain entry -- or perhaps it was the other way around. We don't know."

www.prisonplanet.com...
Ecological Apocalypse: Why Are All The Bees Dying?

If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man," said Albert Einstein.

it appears that Mr. Einstein did not say this ? ..hmmm...

www.snopes.com...
Urban Legends Reference Pages: Einstein on Bees

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i havent noticed any difference where i live, theres choke of them here

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's the space mites (panspermia) that are raining down upon Earth as we transit the galactic plane that are affecting the bees, and a whole lot more. Humans soon too, if not already.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
you know haagen daz ice cream have made a bee-themed honey ice cream to raise money for research into this problem.

damn nice ice cream too.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Bee keepers know this , but hybrid strains of honeybees are available now that are not affected by the parasites. $20 for a queen instead of $6.

In my region we have been in survey of the bee population for two years. All natural honeybees are gone. What makes the problem worse is that without the bees to follow there is almost no way to find and examine the extinct hives.

In our survey the entire population that is missing was replaced by thumbnail bumblebees on the second year. Somehow they knew there was abundance and multiplied. No one knows if the same thing will happen to them.

Hives placed in line with downward pointing cell antennas die in about 3 months. You can pretty much figure the same is happening to the ones flying.

And your brain. This is your brain. This is your brain on phone......

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I hope it affects wasps,what ever it is that's causing the bees to die out. I like bees,but wasps are fair game.

top topics

join