It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pumping gas. A new fraud?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well looks like I got a solid 20mpg when I filled up just about an hour ago. I did see a sticker that was white and it said it was last weighed and counted ( or something like that) 8/07. I dont know if that is a long time or not. Looks like its just me and thanks for all the people that helped.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonm56

Well.. When I first started driving I could put 5 bucks into my tank and get about 4 gallons give or take.. That still wasnt wonderful.. But it was something I could deal with.

Today I put in 5 bucks, I get maybe 1 gallon of freakin gas!!! 1 gallon for 5 bucks!! I can drive 15 miles or so with one gallon in town..
Im at my ropes end here with this ripp off scam!!!
And its getting down to the nitty gritty here.
Truckers are hurting, Joe shmo is hurting! And it goes on down the line.

Then you have dogs like Exxon, who are going around bragging about how much money they are making this term.

You know what..Its not cool.. and its beyond just "not cool".
Its not right! And its down right wrong to do this to people who pay taxes.
The people who make this country turn, are the very people they are milking for every last penny they have at the pump.

Its getting to a boiling point here really soon..
I went to bed last night, and felt something.. I dont know what it was.. But last night and today something changed in this world..
I wont sit here and be a doomsayer.. Nor will I be a Naysayer..
But be on your guard.. Something is brewing.

Edit.. Why do I use so many periods.. Guess all type happy and just end up ... after all my lines.. opps trying to watch that..

[edit on 1-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

This isnt about the inflation of gas, it WAS about me thinking that they might have been scamming me. Like I said, it probably was my car seeing as how I just got 20mpg today. I dont know whats up, but I will investigate my car more.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Oh okay.. I must have misread your post..
My advice if you think you are being scammed.. Your best bet would be to take a 5 gallon hand gas tank.. Fill her up to 5 gallons and see if you are really being scammed..
Ive done it a few times, and found 2 out of every 10 places do scam you by a few pennies.. Some scam you 10 cents at a time..
Not much but if 10000 people get gas that day.. thats 10 cents times 10000.
It adds up..

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Oh okay.. I must have misread your post..
My advice if you think you are being scammed.. Your best bet would be to take a 5 gallon hand gas tank.. Fill her up to 5 gallons and see if you are really being scammed..
Ive done it a few times, and found 2 out of every 10 places do scam you by a few pennies.. Some scam you 10 cents at a time..
Not much but if 10000 people get gas that day.. thats 10 cents times 10000.
It adds up..

I came up with that a couple pages ago

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Try useing a higher octane rating gas.I mix my tanks 1/2 high test and 1/2 regular and it increases my milage by almost 4 miles to the gallon over regular gas

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is weird, because I was thinking the exact same thing.

I just bought a used 2003 Acura RSX Type S

I bought this in April of last year. To test the mileage, I drove for one full tank without hitting VTec. I hit 500 km per tank (actually just a little bit over).

Since this is my first winter with the car, I tried the same thing with the weather change. Now I get 400km (still slightly over, but negligable).

Now that is a significant drop in mileage ...

Now that the weather is getting nicer, I am going to try again and see if the car gets back up to 500km per tank ... But for some reason I am doubting it.

For the record the car performs the same with 91 octane and 94 octane as far as I can tell mileagewise, but I may test this out too.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
Here's a thought: Are you using the crappy new bio-fuel?

Ethanol burns up a lot faster then petrol.

I was looking at buying a Tahoe a couple weeks ago. According to chevy the Tahoe gets 15-20mpg. Unless you use ethanol, then it gets 11-15mpg.

I read that juicy tidbit in one of their books at the dealership. I'll try to find it online.

The salesman tried to make a big deal about the ethanol and how "green" the truck was. I looked at him like he was nuts. How is it better for the environment to pay 20 extra cents per gallon and have to use half again as much fuel as you would without it?

Whatta bunch of stooges...

Anyways, I think this is a more likely scenario but who am I, right?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Gatordone]

Actually, I might have a better solution, although I'll admit it would be pricey. A co-worker of mine said he had a friend who changed his engine to a bio-diesel engine and says he can technically get his gas from just about anything "greasy" in other words? you could probably convince your local restaurant to sell you all their excess grease for about $5-$10 and fill up your truck. Yeah your car might smell like french fries or chicken, but at least you're getting oil on the cheap by comparison. My co-worker said his friend is even trying to make a hybrid bio-diesel electric. Again, it would be pricey. But if you have the resources, it might be worth a look.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I think they are messing with the gas because everytime I get gas it seems to get worse. try a different gas station even if it is alittle bit more and see if it makes a difference. if it does then you might want to report them. Take a one gallon gas can in and fill it up you might not be getting the whole gallon either.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I think they are messing with the gas because everytime I get gas it seems to get worse. try a different gas station even if it is alittle bit more and see if it makes a difference. if it does then you might want to report them. Take a one gallon gas can in and fill it up you might not be getting the whole gallon either.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here's a simple answer...

At home: Find a clear/translucent container, tall & thin is better than short & fat, and using the most accurate measuring vessel you have (cooking etc) fill it on a level surface with water...say 2 gallons or 5 litres (the more the better for reading an accurate difference (if any)) depending on where you are and how the "pumps" measure. Be as acurate as you can.

Mark the container with a thin line on the outside, empty & dry thoroughly.

Next time you are at the pump, fill the container carefully to the line with fuel without spilling a drop and check against the pump reading after any bubbles have dispersed. Should be spot on right?

When you have done checking, pour the fuel in the container into your tank carefully! (Big funnel)

Why rely on a sticker when you can do it yourself!

Also, do the stickers actually say "calibrated on ...", or just "serviced"? I'll check that next time I go.

If you think there may be more than a small error in the pumps measurement, TAKE A CAMERA

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Another IMPORTANT thought....

Are We Paying For The Bubbles?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join