It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida School Security Officer Tasers 11-Year-Old Girl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by dgtempe
Just you wait till they taser the wrong child.

That's all i can say. Tasers have been known to CAUSE DEATH in many now so its just a matter of time they get their hands on a child with a fragile system.

Agreed.. seems peple are under the impression that tasers are harmless. She'd be better off with a bruised arm than a stopped heart. Still not sure how they weren't able to subdue an 11 year old girl.. they aren't that heavy. Was she a blackbelt or something..?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by riley]

She is 170 pounds according to the Orlando Sentinel. 5'5 and 150 according to another report, being the same size and probably heavier than the officer.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

riley, presumably, she's 11 and weighs in at almost 200 lbs (unless the taser caused her to lose a pound or two)
The mentality of course, is that of a baby.
So this brute of a child couldnt have been subdued by the principal along with a couple of male teachers. The cops are called and they immediatly taser the child.
George Orwell would be rolling in his grave.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Laugh while you can.

I hate frown lines.

Glad to see this is what you resort to. Since you have no facts about what you say and hold no one accountable for their own actions. Don't go throwing blame and assumptions if the only responce you can muster is stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Kids should be taught that there are physical consequences for their physical actions. The security guard should be given an medal for not beating this overgrown bully to a pulp. If this is the way the girl acts towards adults, can you imagine how she is with kids her own age. I certainly wouldn't want this girl to ever be allowed back in the school with normal children.

Maybe she comes from an abusive family, and maybe her parents spoil her rotten and give in to her every whim, and that is why she is 5'5" and a 150 lbs at the age of eleven.

The politically correct, everyone is a victim ultra liberal wackos have twisted things so badly out of proportion, tasing the girl, when she should have had her butt kicked was probably the only answer.

Maybe this girl is the subject of constant teasing, and she just blew up, but chances are we would have heard about this if that was the situation, and one would have hoped that if this was a result of constant teasing, the teachers would have approached her in a far more gentle and understanding manner, which is why I doubt this is the situation. The lack of detail leads me to believe that the girl is probably a vicious bully. Was this a sobbing young overweight girl who lost it, or a big confident girl who felt that she was now big enough to tackle and start bullying adults. My guess the this latter was the situation.

Many teachers in some of these schools work in constant fear for their lives. Oh, but it isn't politically correct to admit the truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Okay I read 3 different articles on this and..

The officer 'thinks' she got her nose broken. Then later says she has severe nasal 'bruising'. I am not syaing she did not get her nose broken, but many members are saying she absolutely did.

I am seeing all sorts of different weights between the articles and members, between 150-200 pounds. She was a big girl, no doubt. Did anyone find a picture though?

OKay maybe I misread, but from what I collected there were no witnesses except for another student. No teacher or security officer saw this student attempt to push the other student into the street. I am not saying it didn't happen, but I think it's important to consider the only witness was a young student.

I would hope that a security officer would have the physique and the martial combat training to submit an out of controll 11 year old girl, even if she was big. I will reserve my judgment further since I havn't seen a photo to confirm her size and weight.

**edit to add: I just realized we probably won't see a picture since she is a minor. Media policy methinks.

[edit on 113131p://28u31 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

wow first im out of line, now im in league with the NWO and akin to hitlers groupies.

damn maybe by midnight ill be friggins satan himself

reply to post by Quazga

oh come on now...at 11 years old did you NOT know that it was just WRONG to try to kill your schoolmates?

i mean, right and wrong is still being taught by parents in this country yeah?

at the very least you had to know that trying to hit a cop was probably a bad idea even if you didnt know it was wrong didnt you?

reply to post by riley

hey why dont we just remove the taser from the cops aresenal yeah? then they can go back to measures we know kill for all violent offenders. i hear the 9mm is quite popular. for kids just the CS or the baton how's that?

little? apparently she was the same size as the officer. 5'5 and 150-170lbs.

and apparently "time out" had worked real well.

so lets recap.
this should have just been written off as kids being kids cuz she was 11 and therefore not expected to know the difference between right and wrong....should have just risked further physical altercation cuz the taser is the tool of the NWO and the slight risk there is of her being in that tiny fraction of people who are injured seriously outweighs the officers safety and that of the girl who'd have had to be restrained by much more forceful means had the taser not been used.

have i got that right? i mean if im going to be wrong i like to know why

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
reply to [
reply to post by Quazga

oh come on now...at 11 years old did you NOT know that it was just WRONG to try to kill your schoolmates?

at the very least you had to know that trying to hit a cop was probably a bad idea even if you didnt know it was wrong didnt you?

All I knew at that age was how to hurt someone when they offended you. That was what was done to me, and so at that age, I was conditioned to do exactly that.

When a parent beats the living crap out of a child as a punishment, what do you expect them to learn?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

riley, presumably, she's 11 and weighs in at almost 200 lbs (unless the taser caused her to lose a pound or two)
The mentality of course, is that of a baby.

Aren't police trained to handle perks of any size? ..and aren't they suppose to work in pairs [in Au thats standard]? Perhaps this why she was working with kids because she couldn't deal with other situations..

So this brute of a child couldnt have been subdued by the principal along with a couple of male teachers.

Agreed.. and they wouldn't have had to beat her up either.. just restrain her till she was no longer a threat.

The cops are called and they immediatly taser the child.
George Orwell would be rolling in his grave.

Hearing about these kind of things more and more often.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Since I see some folks are still calling this a Security guard and not a Police officer I’ll post some additional information:

Florida School Resource Officers
ELIGIBILITY
To qualify as a School Resource Officer Practitioner, all of the following requirements must be met:
1)The individual must have been employed as a certified law enforcement officer for a minimum of two years.
2)The officer must have successfully completed the SRO Basic Training Course (40 hours) offered by FCPTI.
3)The officer must have completed an additional 90 hours of law enforcement courses applicable to the role of a SRO obtained through courses offered by FCPTI.

I never saw this before I moved here to Florida, so I can understand how some folks may not understand it.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think some of you might have skipped over Defcon5s post..

Originally posted by defcon5

Secondly , in Florida they have what is called a “use of force matrix“, it requires the officer, BY LAW, to apply either a Taser or chemical agent to anyone who is resisting arrest before using physical force.

So by Florida Law, after the 11 year old resisted arrest, the officer had to taze her. The officer by law, could not have used any other means, after she resisted arrest.

"When it comes to elementary aged children, the use of force policy says that we should consider other force options prior to utilizing the Taser. And in this particular case she was attacked by an 11-year-old, struck in her nose. She though her nose was broken. The deputy could have responded at a higher level than the Taser, but she did not. She went one level lower which was the use of the electronic control weapon, which subdued the child," said Commander Spike Hopkins.

news source

Notice Commander Hopkins states "the deputy could have responded at a higher level then the Taser, but she chose not to".

What is really being said there? The Policy states the deputy had to use the taser or a chemical agent and not physical force after resisting arrest. But Commander Hopkins is saying the deputy could have used "higher". What is a 'higher' force then?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about her actions.. she is a child. Being electricuted could kill her.

I'm not in your coountry. Other countries do indeed exist [shocking I know
].

I've seen children lash out at cops.. some comparable in size. They just tackle them and put them in handcuffs.

hey why dont we just remove the taser from the cops aresenal yeah? then they can go back to measures we know kill for all violent offenders. i hear the 9mm is quite popular. for kids just the CS or the baton how's that?

You can wrestle someone and retrain them without beating them. That is what they are trained to do.. the taser is there just in case someone has a gun etc.

little? apparently she was the same size as the officer. 5'5 and 150-170lbs.

Sorry.. "he/she was bigger than me" is not an good excuse for a cop failing to be able to restrain someone.
Perhaps she shouldn't have become a cop at all.

and apparently "time out" had worked real well.

If time out means restraining; if the cop was capable of doing her job properly it would have.

so lets recap.
this should have just been written off as kids being kids cuz she was 11 and therefore not expected to know the difference between right and wrong....

Who said anything about allowing this kid to hurt someone?

should have just risked further physical altercation cuz the taser is the tool of the NWO and the slight risk there is of her being in that tiny fraction of people who are injured seriously outweighs the officers safety and that of the girl who'd have had to be restrained by much more forceful means had the taser not been used.

Yeah right.. pretty sure that 'slight risk' does not apply to children with developing organs.

So did this cop set the taser on "child" or "adult"?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
What is a 'higher' force then?

lethal.

this really isnt a one line post, its a simple answer to a direct question

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I am seeing all sorts of different weights between the articles and members, between 150-200 pounds. She was a big girl, no doubt. Did anyone find a picture though?

Here is a picture of her fat criminal head:
www.wftv.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here is the Florida State “Use of Force Matrix” it is on page 4 of this PDF file. You can clearly see that if the person is “Active Physical” then the use of force is up to Intermediate Weapons. Just “Passive Physical” allows them to use “Pain Compliance”.
Florida Use of Force Matrix PDF

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

What is a 'higher' force then?

lethal.

this really isnt a one line post, its a simple answer to a direct question

Aye, a direct response is good. What I was looking for

So you're saying that Commander Hopkins is saying in this situation the deputy could have used lethal force i.e a gun. The deputy chose to use a taser, but could have escalated it to lethal?

Since Hopkins is saying this, does that mean it reflects Florida Law?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here is the actual text on Physical Resistance:

Resistance Level 4 (Active Physical) is where a subject
makes physically evasive movements to prevent the
officer from taking control. He or she may brace or
tense themselves, try to push or pull away, take a
fighting stance, not allow the officer to approach, or
run away. Id.
The corresponding Response Level (Intermediate
Weapons) provides for the use of impact weapons like
the baton to gain control by pain compliance at a higher
level of risk for injury to the subject than a Level 3
Response calls for. For instance at Level 3, the pain
compliance technique utilized is more likely to be
something like pressure applied to the subject’s
pressure points. At Response Level 4, the officer may
be justified in striking the subject in the thigh with the
baton, or using chemical agents such as “pepper spray.”
Id.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Defcon5,

So then this paticular case falls under Resistance level 4?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Wow!!!! I would like to say that I am surprised, but sadly no shock here on my part. While the 11 year old girl obviously has some issues of her own, tasing anyone under the age of 17 should be strictly dealt with.

That 11 yr old must have one hell of an uppercut.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Defcon5,

So then this paticular case falls under Resistance level 4?

It appears to fall under level 5:

101.16 Aggressive Physical Resistance: A subject makes overt, hostile, attacking movements, which may cause injury, but are not likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the member or others.

101.161 The member may use any of those responses previously indicated and may also respond, up to and including, incapacitation techniques intended to stun or render a subject temporarily unconscious, delivered with or without an impact weapon, such as a strike to a major nerve area.

This is level 4:

101.15 Active Physical Resistance: A subject makes physically evasive movements to defeat an member’s attempt at control. This may be in the form of bracing or tensing, attempts to push or pull away, or not allow the member to get close. Verbal cues that indicate the subject will not comply, or will increase resistance, may accompany active physical resistance.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So then according to Resistance Level 5 of Florida Law

101.161 The member may use any of those responses previously indicated and may also respond, up to and including, incapacitation techniques intended to stun or render a subject temporarily unconscious, delivered with or without an impact weapon, such as a strike to a major nerve area.

It doesn't seem to suggest lethal force or a gun.

Yet that is what Commander Hopkins said would have been an acceptable option for the deputy to have chosen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join