It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida School Security Officer Tasers 11-Year-Old Girl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

BTW, your little sample was of a BRUTAL MURDER which is not in anyway close to this

so, because she was unsuccessful in throwing her schoolmate into the path of an oncoming car....write it off as kids being kids?

What are you saying, today you break a nose most likely by accident and you get tasered because tomorrow you will kill, guaranteed???

how exactly do you "accidently" break someones nose when youre punching at them? ive studied various forms of hand to hand combat since i was 8 and im at a total loss here how id do that outside a sparring match...

and should we really forgive attempted murder today and hope for the best tomorrow?

waht would your views on any of this be had she been sucessful in throwing that child into the street? what if it had been your kid thrown in front of a moving car? would you still feel the same?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Just grab the little twit and throw her somewhere else, no need to taser.

Florida's police force in my oppinion should be ranked the worse in the nation, trust me I've had experiences with them.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Tasers might be modified to make toy flying saucers.

Thats about it.

Who cares about the inside job lie making news.

Don't Tase Me Bro don't work.

What if the tables ever get turned on the inside jobbers.

Go peaceably now so I don't have to Tase you inside jobber.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've read a lot of tasering stories but I have to say that this brat most likely deserved it.
Pushing a class mate into oncoming traffic is assault at the very least and attempted murder at best.She then has a hissy fit,throws some furniture and assaults others.
If it was me,I'd taser her myself.Bleeding heart time outs just don't deal with some problems.
This child needs to learn NOW that there are consequences for actions.
I don't condone violence but I can't see what other choice the officer had not knowing the girl's history.Bean bag gun?Tranquiliser dart?What are his/her choices when children think they are untouchable?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Kids have changed since I was a child. These are just some of the kids we have today.

Plot to kill parents

Two Newfoundland teenagers will appear in court Wednesday for a bail hearing on charges that they were plotting to kill their parents, classmates and teachers.

10 year old killers
This is two-year-old James Bulger in the hands of his killers, frozen in time. He will be taken on a long, aimless walk, cruelly tortured along the way. James will be senselessly beaten to death by his ten-year-old captors, who will callously abandon him on the railroad tracks.

Teen shoots parents

In a shocking double slaying at an auto-glass shop in Hastings, Minn., Peter and Patricia Niedere were gunned down. Even more shocking -- the accused killer is their 17-year-old son, Matthew.

And thousands of more cases like this. Kids have gotten out of hand. No paddling at schools, kids don't get disciplined the way they should be. At first I thought to myself that tasering the girl was kinda harsh, but for the girl to cause that much trouble and hatred at school then she deserved it in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Ok, I read the whole article, and while I do understand that this little girl's behavior was COMPLETELY out of line, I saw NO need for tasering. I could see her being removed PERMANENTLY from school and returned home (along with having authorities investigate her family to try and figure out why she's so violent). Heck, even when I read that she had punched and kicked the officer, I STILL saw NO reason for being tasered. For God's sake they're supposed to be officers! You're telling me they didn't teach this officer to detain someone by using handcuffs or arm locks? I'm sorry, last time I checked, any form of law enforcement is supposed to be trained in some form of self defense. Heck, I'm not an officer and I was able to figure out at least 3-4 ways to stop this girl without any physical pain except for a sore arm if she tried to struggle through an arm lock. Heck even having her handcuffed would've been better than being tasered.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here's my deal, if you are my size or larger and coming after me, as this "Child" was to the school cop, I have been taught to take you down, no questions asked. Now mind you I'm much bigger than this cop or the kid, but I have met teenagers that are bigger than I am. Basic self preservation states, if you come after me and are larger than me, i'm kicking your butt down one street and up another. I'm as liberal as the next guy, but this pc bleeding heart crap has to stop. That was not a child, that was a monster, criminal, and future welfare recipient.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I said nothing about throwing anyone on the floor. I meant to say that you would hold one there head down. If done correctly (this officer did not use NVCI correctly) It will not hurt them.

The bottome line is I am stricly against the use of tazer guns. I simply dont like it. No one can convince me that they are a good thing. Im too damn stubborn

[edit on 28-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

yes, i know what you said.

i also know what i typed.

i was throwing out a "what if"

"what if" you did this move with the intent of simply "forcing their head down" and the child then overbalanced and went tumbling headlong to the floor with at least one of the arms they'd normally use to catch themselves firmly in your grasp?

not something you envision cuz thats not doing it correctly?

then as i see it youve either never had to use these techniques a lot in the field against opponents intent on doing you harm or your instructor sucked.

sorry but in any hand to hand engangement (and kid yourself all you want...you ARE describing martial arts in one fashion or another) theres a "what if" factor

NOTHING is the same with a real opponent as it is in training and sparing

YOU may know these moves in your sleep but saddly your opponent may not and when you pull their arm one way and move their head another they may not keep their feet either by accident or some attempt to try to break your hold and suddenly skull meets floor

or they try to twist out of it and their arm breaks (we're talking kids here afterall, dont think it can happen? spend a night observing a busy ER in a city over 500,000)

no one said YOU had to approve of a taser but you have to admit that maybe not everyone has your stealth ninja moves either. each dept may have their own variations on hand to hand combat

i know one officer who studied hapkido with his pd
another studied ninjitsu
still another learned jiu juitsu

so, THIS officer got her nose broke and decided that instead of using mace, her baton or god forbid her sidearm....she was going to see a fast resolution to the situation so that she could regain control in the manner LEAST likely to harm the child more than a few seconds.

Alright. fair enough. How ever Im not crazy about "what if's". I cant really give a legit answer to to them unless that "what if" actually happens to me. fortunatly it never has.You are right to say that it is possible to unintentionally hurt someone. How ever the point of NVCI is to make sure no one gets hurt. That is what each of the moves ( or what ever you want to call them) are designed for.

You call it hand to hand combat. it is not. hand to hand combat implies intent to hurt the other person in my mind. self defence is a better phrase because it implies my intentions better.I dont know if you could really call NVCI martial arts. it sounds a bit extreme. its really not much more than self defense. In my mind martial arts means you fight back. NVCII means not to fight back, but to simply irradicate the situation with out having to result to such things as tazer guns. It has worked for me and thats all I can say. I never had to taze anyone, because the NVCI worked just fine.

Also I really dont believe that using a tazer gun is least likely way to harm a person in a situation like this. To the best of my knowledge no one has died when having NVCI used on them.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

yes, they are taught how to handle violent resisting offenders. call for backup.

in order to "cuff" someone you have to subdue them. when they arent resisting this is as simple as "get your hands against the wall"

when they are resisting they have to be physically subdued and put into a position where an officer can both control them and still have an arm free to use the cuffs. this involves some pretty uncomfortable positions which can harm a child regardless of size. their bones arent done developing yet.

for those that still dont seem to get it. whenever you enter into any type of unarmed combat situation and do not kid yourself or anyone else, restraining anyone is hand to hand combat, you risk injury to them or you. its quite elementry.

she'd already tried to restrain the girl and failed. that steps it up a notch an no one will answer what would have been better. taser or CS or baton or....

do you people know what this womans big mistake was? she went into this room for a combative student, saw a girl as big as she was and she didnt call for backup. had their been two officers there would ahve been no need to taser her AND she'd have had a witness to the situation.

now, as the situation went down as it did, i feel her choice was justified. but, she really should have called for backup (and the teacher doesnt count...if someone isnt trained to do what youre doing then they get in the way and present a liability)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Bravo to the school security officer, the Taser was probably the best use of force in this situation. As has been said before, a Taser may hurt like the dickens for a few seconds, but it's nothing compared to taking a beating from an Asp or 30 minutes of pepper spray hell. 5 seconds, thats it. 5 seconds of a shock to wake someone up and realize they are fighting a fight they can't win. Sounds like a good route to go in my book.

People need to get over the stigma of being "shot" with a taser, it's just another method cops can use to control otherwise uncontrollable criminals. Is it nice? No but neither is breaking a cop's nose. That 11 year old is lucky the cop didn't break out her Asp and commence to dropping a Rodney King on her in front of that class. The Taser should be the least of that parent's or anyone elses concern.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
[edit on 103131p://28u51 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Just because she's a child doesn't give her the right to attempt murder, throw chairs at teachers and break an officers nose. If I was the parent I would thank the officer for getting her under control before she hurt anyone else. Then I would apologize to the school and everyone involved with the situation. Because my child is my responsibility and I in no way would stand for that kind of violence from my ii year old.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just you wait till they taser the wrong child.

That's all i can say. Tasers have been known to CAUSE DEATH in many now so its just a matter of time they get their hands on a child with a fragile system.

Those of you thinking this is proper procedure are part of the NWO and all the evil behind it because this is all part of the indoctrination procedures to subdue the very young, the parents and all the citizens.

You will be singing a different tune before long. I guarantee it.

Keep cheering these actions!!! Go ahead! Hitler had his groupies too!!!

Yes, this is political in nature- it is all part of the picture that is speeding toward us at an alarming rate.

Keep cheering!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
First, it was a Florida school resource officer, not a school security guard. In Florida, resource officers are full-blown sheriff deputies who work the street as well. Therefore, the title of this thread is wrong.

Secondly , in Florida they have what is called a “use of force matrix“, it requires the officer, BY LAW, to apply either a Taser or chemical agent to anyone who is resisting arrest before using physical force.

If you don’t like the way that the officer handled things, then you need to change the Florida State Laws that govern the officer’s actions, not go after the officer who was following them.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
The end justifies the means. A criminally insane 11 yr old got juiced after most probably breaking the nose of security after almost 'KILLING' a classmate. No tears.
I recently read a story in the cleveland.com forum of a cleveland public school teacher who is also a former Nam vet. He said he felt safer in Nam than teaching today. It really has gotten that bad.

It got that bad because of their parents. Have you seen what parents do to their children these days? Cages? Oven like cars, Locked in closets.

I can't believe for a second that this child is to blame for her actions. There are adults behind her extreme behavior. As I mentioned above, the same was true for me. I'm a much different person now after the offending adult was removed from the situation and I experienced justice for the first time.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hard to do when a taser only fires probes up to 25 feet, which means they will be seeing the child/person acting out

Tasers have been known to CAUSE DEATH in many now so its just a matter of time they get their hands on a child with a fragile system.

No one ever died from the TASER...they dies because they had other health conditions or were cracked out on enough drugs that the taser just sped up the process of death..but there has never been a medical finding that the taser was the PURE cause of death...

Now I will agree, we must be careful dealing with kids who are younger because I am not sure if any studies have been done on results of how amps effect younger organs.

Those of you thinking this is proper procedure are part of the NWO and all the evil behind it because this is all part of the indoctrination procedures to subdue the very young, the parents and all the citizens.

WOW assumption

[edit on 3/28/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That's all i can say. Tasers have been known to CAUSE DEATH in many now so its just a matter of time they get their hands on a child with a fragile system.

Agreed.. seems peple are under the impression that tasers are harmless. She'd be better off with a bruised arm than a stopped heart. Still not sure how they weren't able to subdue an 11 year old girl.. they aren't that heavy. Was she a blackbelt or something..?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Laugh while you can.

I hate frown lines.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Beating a child into submission is far worse than a 5 second Taser ride. If that makes me a tool of the NWO so be it. Seems a pretty ridiculous argument though to be honest.

A rotten apple busted a cops nose and because the cop used the tools she had available, which probably resulted in less injury than if she chose something else, she's wrong. Makes sense I guess.

Or not

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
I can't believe for a second that this child is to blame for her actions. There are adults behind her extreme behavior.

There's always someone else to blame but the person who committed the crime. Come! On! She knew perfectly well what she was doing and she paid for it. To call for backup and wait would or could result in others including students to get hurt by her. This girl needed to be dealt with before that happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join