It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wait just a minute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have been following these events in Haiti and have become quite interested... just one thing keeps cathing my eye. All of the picture's are of the rebels. With the U.S. sending 50 marines in today to defeat the rebels than why is it our press is producing pictures of the rebels......?????

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by samfashow
With the U.S. sending 50 marines

Its to protect the US embassy

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
there is a small group of soldiers already in Haiti protecting the embassy, this new group of 50 marines is leaving today for Haiti. Perhaps you haven't seen pictures of them yet, because they havent' arrived as of yet, or perhaps they just don't want to be seen and will be in the kept in the compound of the US embassy, not patrolling the streets or anything like that.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Maybe it's because the rebels want to get the attention to get sympathy for their cause. And when the rebels give the press something to report they take it!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I agree that the rebels will need some sympathy and has not and most likley will not get it from the U.S. So why is it that our press can produce pictures of the rebels taking over the country when we are agianst it. It just dosn't seem like the U.S. to take one side and the press take the other, at leadt it dosn't seem that way latley.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I can't really say much about that because I haven't really followed this story but do the press actualy take a side in this? The press is supossed to be there to report the news, just because they show pictures of the rebels and report what they say and do doesn't necessarily mean they take their side.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The extra troops being sent in are just to secure the US Embassy, from everything, rebels, rioters, pillagers. I have not heard if the US gov is taking one side or the other. They may just be sitting back and waiting to see who will win.

As far as the media is concerned. BAH! I hate the media. And since it is the US, the media does not have to report things with a pro-US-government slant. The joy of America baby!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
As far as the media is concerned. BAH! I hate the media. And since it is the US, the media does not have to report things with a pro-US-government slant. The joy of America baby!

Ya the don't have to but they are paid to.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
there is a small group of soldiers already in Haiti protecting the embassy, this new group of 50 marines is leaving today for Haiti. Perhaps you haven't seen pictures of them yet, because they havent' arrived as of yet, or perhaps they just don't want to be seen and will be in the kept in the compound of the US embassy, not patrolling the streets or anything like that.

Sorry I didnt realize there were two diffrent groups of 50.

new topics

top topics

join