It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company offers moon as final resting place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Company offers moon as final resting place

uk.reuters.com

The moon could become a final resting place for some of mankind thanks to a commercial service that hopes to send human ashes to the lunar surface on robotic landers, the company said on Thursday.

Celestis, Inc., a company that pioneered the sending of cremated remains into suborbital space on rockets, said it would start a service to the surface of the moon that could begin as early as next year.

The cost starts at $10,000 (4,983 pounds) for a small quantity of ashes from one person.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Mmm sounds like something i would wanna do , but have they got the right to litter the moon? how many little capsules left on the surface?

what happens when we colonize the moon? we just sweep them up and throw them out? or build a moon cemetery?

Its back to the old question who owns what ? does anyone own the moon and have the right to build were ever they like?

could their be wars over the moon? in the not to distant future? countries fighting for the resources etc?

All sounds romantic .. in real terms is a little presumptuous imho

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit spelling]

[edit on 28/3/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just look at the price! and what is a small quantity to them anyway? Seeing as if your going to be cremated there is already a small amount of ash left anyway. Overall I think that sounds like we are jumping the gun as to try and pollute other celestial bodies for whatever reasons we may have. Whether it be romantic or not I don't think we should be setting up graves on the moon all just yet. Perhaps Bringing death to the moon will also bring first life to it as well? Who knows what that company is thinking now.

An interesting read though
Thank you

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

Yes the price is nice i think! makes it attainable to the average joe.

I wonder how long until the first vacuum sealed moon flower shop? i like your death might bring life saying .. nice thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join