It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House that automatically generates power and water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Great for if there is no services in the event of something major.

High-efficiency solar panels produce power which is then stored by a battery to provide up to a week of power should the sun ever be devoid of enthusiasm. Triple glazing and low-e heat-mirror glass enable the windows to be large without affecting heat levels. Exterior doors are also insulated to further stabilize the house’s temperature.

The robust components enable the building to be used in a variety of remote and hostile locations: places unsuitable for more conventional structures, such as in 10 feet of water of slopes of up to 35 degrees. The house’s tubular steel frame means it can withstand winds of up to 140 mph, despite having foundations that only touch the ground at four points to offer minimum site disturbance.

www.inhabitat.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sounds like a great idea I have some setups on hand here and some mobile setups for both my and the wifes vehicles that are portable by back pack and weigh almost nothing..

Keep in mind though that if you are thinking along the lines of an EMP type event no need to worry about that the way that EMP works is it basically plucks the atmospheric strings ( guitar analogy) and for a better example if you were holding a tunning fork and you plucked a note that was resonant to that tunning fork and then stopped the guitar string from resonating (vibrating) the tunning fork would continue to resonate for a length of time ( you can figure this mathematically but would take forever to explain) so in the event of and EMP burst the atmospheric strings so to speak would resonate for quite some time after words making anything that uses a coil in particular unuseable this would include motors ( ignition coils) you could replace this all day long but it still would not work. if you want to try an experiment fire up your car or motorcycle motorcycle would be easier to work with,, take a large transformer ( and I mean large) and hold it next to the coil on the car or motorcycle and the engine will at the very least struggle because the large windings in the transformer will be stealing energy from the coil preventing the necessary flux needed to run the motor from building up...

if you have a gas weed eater or lawn mower this would be even easier as they are smaller amounts of energy thereby taking a smaller winding to effect the build up of magnetic flux preventing the engine from sparking..

at any rate for a time after such an event you will be like it or not on foot and not even ham radio will be on the air ( I am ham so I was bummed when I realized this) like the days of the pony express huh at any rate like I said I still have setups for my use but in the case of EMP for a while at least depending on the burst size the frequency and the atmospheric conditions at the time it will just be dead weight..

Respectfully,
GEO

[edit on 3/29/2008 by geocom]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Looks like a teserat. I probly didnt spell that right. I cant remember ware I heard about a Tesarat. but Its a strange object thats bigger on the inside then it is on the outside. basickly it is a door way to other demisions wich is ware it gets its extra space from.

new topics

join