It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical skills questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
LOL well...buddy of mine and i were in downtown omaha just off the old market one night. walking back to his jeep i noticed one of the high rises had a pretty uniform 4" "crack" running the full length of the building with these little "inserts" every 6 feet or so.

so, after what one may argue was one too many..or several for that matter i thought it would be an interesting challenge. so im a couple stories up this building when i look down, my buddy (who was my regular climbing partner) is laughing his tail off and a small crowd had gathered.

figured that was a good time to get down and as i hit the ground a cruiser came around the corner. i was just glad that no one had a camera lol

but i did this whole little escapade in a pair of teva sandles vs my normal climbing shoes lol not one of my more brilliant moments but it was fun.

i had a knack for getting away before cops or anyone of importance showed up. pulled the same thing at the resturaunt we went to in college. it had a rock facade and we felt the need to sit on their roof to wait for the girls to show up (sober that time lol)

got down and in before the managers could identify us as the people clilmbing their building

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

Allow me to give you an update to Sun Tzu's advice - don't maneuver at the highest heights - you'll be silouetted and get yourself shot. Maneuver on the side of the hill, use a different path every time, and stop at random, but frequent intervals to listen for several seconds.

More and more, you'll also need to stay under canopy when maneuvering. That's becoming harder and harder to find cover and concealment from above.

When going from canopy to canopy, go really fast or really slow. That's where they'll get you. So be ready to haul ass or low crawl, preferably at night. Whether you go fast or slow depends on whether you're evading against thermal imaging technology or just eyes.

Not to fully dis Sun Tzu, who is generally profoundly correct, you can still hide in the low spots.

THOR

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Maneuvering in the heights is not literal, it means maneuvering to be the director of your opponent's fate while you maintain an advantage.

<< 1   >>

join