It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still touched by 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am still touched by 9/11 after nearly 6 and a half years. One person I knew when he lived here in Schenectady, Charles Mills, used to be Police Chief for the City of Schenectady, and then Public Safety Commissioner in Troy before taking a job with security at the Trade Center in NYC. We used to talk sometimes when we'd meet about things of mutual interest when he was off duty. I also had 3 relatives who worked at the Trade Center at the time it was hit. They still have nightmares about that day. One of my cousins still can't go into a skyscraper, and she is still receiving counselling over it. Twp people I am good friends with here in Schenectady also lost loved ones in the Trade Center, so I know others who are still dealing with the after affects of the attacks on the Trade Center on 9/11.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well what are your thoughts regarding what happened that day? Has your family ever revealed anything bizarre? Anything?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A lot of people wouldn't want to delve into those kinds of memories. Just read through the first responders' testimonies and you'll read plenty about people laying around outside the lobby of WTC1 with all their skin burned off begging for help, people jumping and splattering all over the ground when they hit. You see something like that and you will never be the same again. Not to mention all the physical destruction that wiped out lower Manhattan, all the buildings and streets, where millions of people call their homes every single day.

These people just showed up for work that morning, just like you or me, not supposed to be any different than any other day. If there is ever any kind of consolation over 9/11 before our society destroys itself, it should go to these people over everyone that has only experienced it indirectly and they should be exempt from any further burden relating to that day.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, as far as my family revealing anything bizarre to me goes, they haven't. Sometimes they don't like to talk about it, either. i have to repect their wishes when they get like this. And as far as what I think about what happened that day, I don't think that the U.S.G has told us the truth about what happened. I'm not saying personally that they were behind it, just that they haven't revealed everything they know, which means that they've at least covered up stuff that, if it came out, would embarrass the powers that be and make them out to be the incomopetent jerks thatthey really are. Afterall, they had the information from both inside and outside the country that were raising red flags like the 19 hijackers who were taking flying lessons, NSA intercepted messages that showed al-Qaeda was planning something big, FBI Field ffice messages from around the country to FBI HQ that were being ignored that sources were saying some of these people were up to something. So it was either ignored and/or nobody bothered collating anything together. And this is. I believe, incompetence.

top topics

join