It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Atom Smasher Could Destroy World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Huge Atom Smasher Could Destroy World

www.foxnews.com

Stop the scientists before they destroy us all!

That's what a Hawaii man with a background in nuclear physics is asking a court to do.

Walter F. Wagner and his colleague Luis Sancho have filed a federal lawsuit seeking to stop work on the Large Hadron Collider, a gigantic atom smasher on the Franco-Swiss border that's set to start operations in May.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lhcdefense.org

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is big news! If we create blackholes here on Earth, I don't want to be sucked into something and get spit out into some other dimension of space. How much credibility and research do those scientists have before they actually ignite the machine. What do you guys say to that?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wasn't there a scenario like this on A&E? (Or History channel? hate trying to distinguish between which does which.) Well whichever one aired something about black holes on Earth there were at least three shows that dealt with it.

Personally I am a curious person, but not THAT curious to put people's lives in danger. Somethings we really shouldn't mess with and this is one of them. If we barely know how well they work in space, I don't understand whats the point of trying to recreate them down here on Earth
?

Slightly offtopic:
If that law suit wins, does he get something and if so will he share
?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
There is already a thread with this topic here:

Lawsuit: Huge Atom Smasher Could Destroy World

Please continue all discussion in the linked thread.
And please read the section about repeat topics in this link.

Closed.

top topics

join