It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitola 'UFO' Pictures Create Online Buzz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Capitola 'UFO' Pictures Create Online Buzz

www.nbc11.com

CAPITOLA, Calif. -- Could the quiet seaside town of Capitola end up challenging Roswell, N.M., as the country's capital for extraterrestrials?
The Santa Cruz County community well-known to Bay Area residents is getting national attention after pictures of a strange flying object surface on the Web.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.latimes.com
www.knbc.com
www.mercurynews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Chad Drone Omnibus..Chadsquito
Isaac CARET - C2C Drone possible explanation
New Drone, similar to the C2C one
CARET/Drones Debunked? – A “viral” fantasy

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I find the 'Breaking News' of this article to be ironic. The story itself is over a year old, but the 'Online Buzz' created can be partly atributed to us here at ATS. I consider it 'Alternative' because it took a almost a year for the Drone 'meme' to make it to the mainstream news media.

Funny enough, I believe the Capitola images to be the 2nd Generation of hoaxes after the Chadsquito ones. Perhaps even a one upsmanship copycat.

Perhaps if they had been paying attention last May they could have reported on the actual incident and been a part of the actual investigation.
DocMoreau

www.nbc11.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Those "UFOs" started to show up last year around October. They are not extraterrestrial , and some close-up pictures are showing text inscription on the objects. I am not sure about the manufacturer , but it seems to be a new test on surveillance technology.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Actually sty, if you followed the links I provided, there is discussion about these images dated back almost a year ago here at ATS.

My point is that they are back, and this time the mainstream is behind them.

I was under the impression that the photos had been proven time and and again as a hoax, yet the mainstream media is claiming its an 'open investigation'. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the investigation was to root out the perpetrators of the hoax. Now our corporate meme wranglers are on the scene to tell us otherwise. I was under the impression that even the die hard ufo reasearchers like Linda Moulton Howe at Earthfiles were done with this topic, because it was a hoax...

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe they only started appearing in October, and the reason I joined last June had nothing to do with the ongoing Drone discussion that had been raging for at least a month...
DocMoreau

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think it just took this long for the main stream media to catch up. I'm sure a little investigation will show that someone watched "the UFO hunters" show that just recently appeared regarding the drone phenomenon. I'm also going to bet they taped the show months ago.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

It could be that they are just catching up. i had certainly thought about it. But it could also be that there is something more to the story that has brought it to thr forefront.

In the year since the Chadsquito type crafts started appearing, we have had tens of reports of local police forces trying to obtain UAV drones and articles describing future designs of actual uav drone aircrafts. Honestly, before the Chadsquito affair, I can't say that I was aware of any non government drones being developed or used.

It is almost like the Drone meme was created as a smoke screen to confuse the discussions about what is cutting edge in drone tech. Especially with the Issac/Caret docs supposedly being from a government source, but from 20 years ago. Maybe the whole drone affair is a giant Red Herring to confuse our enemies and populace in regards to what really is happening in the world of unmanned aircraft.

If this is the case, how come the mainstream is biting now? Then again it could just be sloppy journalism like you mentioned, and the recent interest has more to do with a lazy reporter watching a ufo show.

DocMoreau

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Somehow Doubled...

[edit on 29/3/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

I wouldn't say it's "sloppy" journalism. The media often tries to gauge interest in certain subject matter and report accordingly. If that area has a lot of buzz going about UFO's and there's nothing relevant that's also current, odds are they will go for the biggest story they can find within a certain time frame.

As for the government using hoaxes or mass histeria to provide them anonymity, it wouldn't be the first time. One of the most famous examples of this is the perpetuation of UFO's during development of the U2.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by jbondo]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

You think this is a New concept? UFOs just started appearing a year and a half ago? Haha. That's as shallow as the CIA plotting 911. Humans are the new breed on earth. These other "things", whatever they are, have been here to watch us greedily inherit the Earth. Their planet "Earth". Flying saucers, green spacemen, and rocket propelled jet packs?! Human technology. The Grays don't like you. Why would they flaunt such technology? Humans say "if you got it, flaunt it". A true player of "the game" knows when to conceal his hand. Usually its a heavy hitter who wants a turn at bat. If the pitcher knows of the hitter, good chance the batter will be walked. Especially if there are other players strategically positioned in the game. You also don't want the players to fold, avoiding immediate defeat.

Remember, photos can and are many times manipulated. You want answers? Go by yourself into those hills after 2311 hours. On foot. There's a rabbit hole you might not want to look down.
Osiris

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
so is this that same issac caret drones re pictured in a new location with the same disappearing photographer with a new name? i've seen it claimed a hoax due to cgi. Are the experts still saying the same of these photos too?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Obviously you have no idea about the buzz created about the Drones a year ago. This thread is about how the 'story' finally broke in the mainstream media a year after it went viral on the internet. The mainstream caught on to the story at around the same time that the ATS membership here proved the story a hoax.

So thanks for trying to ridicule me, and my 'concept'. Maybe next time you should read things through before you post.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Obviously you have no idea about the buzz created about the Drones a year ago. This thread is about how the 'story' finally broke in the mainstream media a year after it went viral on the internet. The mainstream caught on to the story at around the same time that the ATS membership here proved the story a hoax.

So thanks for trying to ridicule me, and my 'concept'. Maybe next time you should read things through before you post.
DocMoreau

As it has been said, CGI's can be great in this day and age, so I'm still intrigued by this story, as they are great images, not to mention the documentation to go with it. There are a million and one reasons why they may have been 'leacked' and many more as too why the media is bringing attention to this case now.

Then again, it could be a fake, but hey, kudos to whoever did it, as they are great images. One was partly obscured by a tree and the pain staking time it must've taken to layer this behind the leaves, if it is a fake, it is true dedication.

EMM

new topics

top topics

join