It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for 'Jericho'? : Chuck Baldwin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Are we headed for 'Jericho'? : Chuck Baldwin

www.newswithviews.com

Contributing further to my amazement was the way Jericho used real-life political events to depict America's fall into tyranny. I was flabbergasted to see the characters of Jericho refer to the Continuity of Government act as the foundation for the government's declaration of martial law after the nuclear attack had occurred.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Continuity of Government (COG) act is not television make-believe: it is the real deal.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is a very interesting and timely article IMO...While I never saw the show personally (and am kicking myself now), it sounds as if it were portraying real life scenarios in the states here with frightening accuracy. Perhaps the writers were trying to send a message?

Contrary to the ranting of politicians and media talking heads about how great things are going in these United States, millions of Americans are becoming increasingly aware of the total corruption, crookedness, and chicanery of government officials. They have had it with being lied to, cheated, and beaten down with thousands of rules, regulations, and laws, which serve only to empower the political and business elite. They do not trust any of their politicians to tell them the truth. Their money and jobs are disappearing; their children are being brainwashed in government schools; their homes and property are being taxed out of existence; and even their country's very sovereignty is being forfeited to foreign interests. I believe the level of frustration and anger is rising to the point that a Jericho scenario could very easily occur.

www.newswithviews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

This is a very interesting and timely article IMO...While I never saw the show personally (and am kicking myself now), it sounds as if it were portraying real life scenarios in the states here with frightening accuracy. Perhaps the writers were trying to send a message?

Well your in luck CBS post all the shows on the internet the day after they air free so heres the link and enjoy. Jericho season 2
They also have all of season one Jericho season 1

[edit on 28-3-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Never seen Jericho and don’t intend to, but I did see this article and was very interested by the description of the plot. Will life imitate art? I can only hope that under such circumstances, the American spirit will prove so strong.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Never seen Jericho and don’t intend to, but I did see this article and was very interested by the description of the plot. Will life imitate art? I can only hope that under such circumstances, the American spirit will prove so strong.

I think that in small towns, such as the depiction of Jericho, it would prove to be almost identical. The people I worry about is bigger cities. something tells me the old adage, society fails when you need it most, would apply.

edit for spelling ~ B

[edit on 3/28/2008 by bobafett1972]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I've seen the show a few times.
I don't know how they managed to make a second season.

Speaking of possible nuclear threats, check out these recent threads:

(3/27/08) Colombia seizes uranium from leftist guerrillas
(3/27/08) Pentagon ordered to locate all US nukes

Here's some older threads hilighting the threat:

(10/14/06) The World's Most Accessible Nuclear Facility

(7/5/07) Radioactive Devices Go Astray in Canada?

(7/11/07) Phony firm got radioactive materials, easily

(11/15/07) British nukes were protected by bike locks

Whenever I see "Continuity of Government" a couple threads come to mind:

(7/20/07) DeFazio asks, but he's denied access

Oregonians called Peter DeFazio's office, worried there was a conspiracy buried in the classified portion of a White House plan for operating the government after a terrorist attack.

As a member of the U.S. House on the Homeland Security Committee, DeFazio, D-Ore., is permitted to enter a secure "bubbleroom" in the Capitol and examine classified material. So he asked the White House to see the secret documents.

On Wednesday, DeFazio got his answer: DENIED.

(7/24/07) Bush's Martial Law Plan Is So Shocking, Even Congress Can't See it

President Bush's post-terror attack martial law plan is so shocking that even sitting members of Congress and Homeland Security officials are barred from viewing it, another example of executive über alles and a chilling portent of what is to come as constant reminders of the inevitability of terror attacks reverberate.

(7/20/07) Old-line Republican warns 'something's in the works' to trigger a police state

Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury under Reagan who has recently become known for his strong opposition to the Bush administration and the Iraq War: "Unless Congress immediately impeaches Bush and Cheney, a year from now the US could be a dictatorial police state at war with Iran."

"The administration is preparing us for another 9/11 event or series of events"

Americans need to comprehend and look at how ruthless Cheney is. ... A person that would do anything.

(8/10/07) To save America, we need another 9/11 (OP/Ed)

So are we heading towards Jericho? Possibly, yes.

new topics

top topics

join