It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And God said: Do Not Oppress an Alien!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Old Testament
Exodus 23:9
Laws of Justice and Mercy

"Do Not Oppress an Alien; you yourselves know how it feels to be aliens, because you were aliens in Egypt"

Okay bible scholars, what did God mean by this, I find it can be interpreted in more than one way, of course it could be they were alien to the land, but it also mean that they were truly "aliens" what's your take?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Old Testament

"Do Not Oppress an Alien; you yourselves know how it feels to be aliens, because you were aliens in Egypt"

Okay bible scholars, what did God mean by this, I find it can be interpreted in more than one way, of course it could be they were alien to the land, but it also mean that they were truly "aliens" what's your take?

Good post!

So how does this hold up for the persicution of homosexuals and non-christians as well as others.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Old Testament

It means foreigners---not space aliens.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Old Testament

It means foreigners---not space aliens.

But isn't that just YOUR interpretation? I was not made aware that you are god's interpreter.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
NO, its what it meant. Now, you're just being silly.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
NO, its what it meant. Now, you're just being silly.

I am always being silly, but that is not the question at hand. How do you know that your interpretation is the correct one? I would imagin that there are many.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Good post!

So how does this hold up for the persicution of homosexuals and non-christians as well as others.

It doesn't (if you are krisjan) because it says the MAN SHALL NOT LAY WITH MAN and that nonKrijans are consorting with demons and satan.

However, I don't buy into anything the bible says anyway.

One point that I find interesting, is that krisjans say if you aren't krisjan, you are being tempted by the devil, but they also say that the devil is too smart to let you know that. So, being a nonkrisjan, I I was being tempted by the devil, houw would I ever know that? lol

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
KJV writes it this way

23:9 Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

www.godrules.net... , if you click on the link for the word "stranger" it takes you to

www.godrules.net...

TOPIC PAGE: "STRANGER"

-(Aliens, foreigners)

So to me, "aliens" would be a "modern" word.
To bad we couldn't get a look at The Torah, to see what words they used (of course we would have to understand hewbrew)

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Leviticus 19:33
" 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him.

Leviticus 17:13
" 'Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,

Deuteronomy 1:16
And I charged your judges at that time: Hear the disputes between your brothers and judge fairly, whether the case is between brother Israelites or between one of them and an alien.

2 Samuel 1:13
David said to the young man who brought him the report, "Where are you from?" "I am the son of an alien, an Amalekite," he answered.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I still think this use of the word "alien" could be interpreted both ways, once again proving to me at least that the bible is open to interpretation and can be used by anyone to promote their particular agenda.

ET believers will say that it is proof that aliens exists and were part of the Genesis story

Non believers will stick to their belief that the word "alien" just meant foreigner.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You have to understand that theses passages were not translated correctly. So one word could mean 2 diffrent things. Just my thoughts. There are many Alien encounters in the Bible. Ezeikel is a good example. Read the first part of the books sounds like the descriptions that we have today.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just read the verse, the answer is there

Its obvious to anyone who really wants to see the truth, The israelites were "aliens" in Egypt, outcasts, foreigners, strangers.

This IS what it means. Colonel was right.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Just read the verse, the answer is there

Its obvious to anyone who really wants to see the truth, The israelites were "aliens" in Egypt, outcasts, foreigners, strangers.

This IS what it means. Colonel was right.

Ironically, the Bible and all other religions WERE inspired by Aliens, and not some fictional all-powerful entity called "God". I love ironies! Maybe they are referring to themselves?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Ironically, the Bible and all other religions WERE inspired by Aliens, and not some fictional all-powerful entity called "God". I love ironies! Maybe they are referring to themselves?

This theory IS the most plausible, if you give into account that all religions are based on the same principle --One entity/force/head honcho--whatever you would like to say.
It would also connect prophecies that older man had across continents that are almost the same word for word
IE both North and South American indians had the same prohecy about bearded men arriving by sea.

Can't you just see it? Few aliens sitting around..1st alien; "Hey man, I'm bored, lets go terraform a planet"
Second alien; Cool then we could create life on it, and guide some, but not all"
Third alien "Aww man, remember what happend the last time we did that, all it caused was problems"
Fourth alien; "Yea but this time we'll be more careful, leave some of our own among them to control things"

Sounds silly I know, but why not?

The universe is 14.7 billion years old. The generally accepted age for the Earth and the rest of the solar system is about 4.55 billion years (plus or minus about 1%). We are babies compared to what could be and probably is out there, they had a 10 billion year head start.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sure, if time existed. Lucky for us it doesn't, so they had an unlimited head start... in fact everything that could ever possibly exist, does. So yeah, we're as "baby-ish" as it gets...

Also, the aliens aren't on the same density level as us, and remain invisible to our senses unless they choose otherwise. They are also not bound by space/time, since they CREATED time for us to control us better.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Colonel & Netchicken have right and I agree with them.

Now don't start to see a mod/super-mod complot.

Anyway, it's so obvious that God was NOT talking about an ET when He said " Alien " that I wonder how some peoples can think differently.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It is fascinating how much lunatics got on this thread, I guess its what makes ATS colorful and diverse.
That verse says for itself, it means strangers, people from another nation, country..not space aliens that is completely out of context...geez do you really need to make conspiracies from everything.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
It is fascinating how much lunatics got on this thread, I guess its what makes ATS colorful and diverse.
That verse says for itself, it means strangers, people from another nation, country..not space aliens that is completely out of context...geez do you really need to make conspiracies from everything.

first off, I am not a lunatic, well at least I don't think so

but the point of this thread and others I have created in regards to the Bible "Jesus and Murder" is to simply prove a point that the Bible can be interpreted in many ways to prove any particular point or agenda.

no one can be 100% certain that the use of the word, the Bible is not an exact duplication of God's words...i am pretty certain there were other words that could have been used and that may not have translated to "alien", we would have to go back to the Torah or exact word and exact definition. The King James Version of the bible uses stranger, other versions use alien.

in this aspect, alien is meant to equal "strangers or foreigners" to a land. those strangers or foreigners could be from another country or another planet. I am not saying that they are.

My point is simply that it (bible) can be interpreted in different ways and used for different agendas as so many have already shown by their replies to this thread

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sure, flashlights can also be used for smashing people's heads... but thats just one of many uses I'm not saying thats what they are for...

AF1

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There's a lot more examples that you can use to get your point across that are much better and actually hold weight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join