It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Strikes Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just thought I would share this bit of transcript from the Rush show yesterday. It's talks about some comments Michelle Obama made and has some feedback from Rush.

I got a kick out of this and thought others here may enjoy this.

RUSH: It's not just Barack Obama in the news, ladies and gentlemen, his lovely and gracious wife -- lovely and angry wife -- Michelle (My Belle) Obama. A YouTube video of her has surfaced of a speech that she gave January 23rd, 2008, and in it she sounds like Rosalynn Carter. Remember when Rosalynn Carter, talking about Ronald Reagan, said, "He makes us comfortable with our prejudices." This infuriated me. Here was Rosalynn Carter saying Reagan's a bigot and a racist and a sexist and all those cliches that they attach to conservatives, but he's so sweet and he's got such an engaging personality, he's so charismatic that he makes us comfortable with our prejudices, as though prejudices that liberals hold are the fault of conservatives. Michelle (My Belle) Obama said pretty much the same thing on January 23rd, 2008, in Columbia, South Carolina.

MICHELLE: We don't like being pushed outside of our comfort zones. You know it right here on this campus. You know people sitting at different tables, y'all living in different dorms. I was there. Y'all not talking to each another, taking advantage of the fact that you're in this diverse community because sometimes it's easier to hold onto your own stereotypes and misconceptions, it makes you feel justified in your ignorance. That's America. So the challenge for us is, are we ready for change?

RUSH: Were you listening? Look at me, folks, look at me. She said because sometimes it's easier to hold onto your own stereotypes and misconceptions, it makes you feel justified in your own ignorance. That's America. This was just last January. This woman and her husband have no question been influenced by Jeremiah Wright, and wherever else they have been. So she said the challenge for us is, are we ready for change? Now, I wonder, where in the world dear Michelle Obama could have learned such a thing about stereotypes. Did she perhaps learn this at her Ivy League school? Did she learn this at the hospital that paid her $300,000 a year? This quote, "It's easier to hold onto your own stereotypes and misconceptions, it makes you feel justified in your own ignorance. That's America. So the challenge for us is, are we ready for change?" This quote and the attitudes of people like Michelle Obama tick me off. The essence of conservatism is that it does not care what race, sex, or creed a person is. They, on the left, are the ones obsessed with those markers, yet they on the left have to tag us constantly with racism. It's their projection, as anybody can see. The racism in this country is on full display, smack-dab in the middle of the Democrat Party.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I heard about this earlier today but the news isn't really discussing it.

I wonder .. if Obama doesn't win .. will his *cough* lovely wife Michelle go back to having NOTHING about America that she is proud of?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So Rush is accusing the Democrats of racism that--heaven forbid--no conservative has ever had.

What else is new?

Michele Obama talks about stereotyping. There are many ways to stereotype people, not just by race.

She suggests we could change.

What's wrong with that?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
What's wrong with that?

Nice attempt at deflection.

The fact is that Michelle Obama, once again, put her foot in her mouth.
Her true feelings - anti-America, anti-white - come shining forth.
Rush - (I'm not a Rush fan - I can't stand the guy) exposed her words.
Good for him.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Obama needs a gag ordaer on his wife....

...and thats the PC version of what i would say in person...

this act is getting old...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

We need to change? OK, I'll accept that for the moment. She needs to do so as well...her stereotyping of white America is getting old.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
IMO the mistake Michelle made was to say " That's America " . It would be as bad as saying that all Kiwis support NZ nuclear ban . I'm sure there is some truth to what she said but you cant paint people or a country with such a broad stroke .

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
July 25, 2016

Fast forward to today. Michelle is not only "proud" of America, but now, thanks to her husband, the United States of America is "the greatest country on Earth".

Meanwhile, every speaker at the DNC convention is saying how bad America is in jobs, race relations, poor pay, etc... After 8 years of the Barack Obama presidency only his wife Michelle feels that things are better than they've ever been.

top topics

join