It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Au Clair de la Lune" : First Audio Record in Human History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

"Au Clair de la Lune" : First Audio Record in Human History

www.nytimes.com

The 10-second recording of a singer crooning the folk song “Au Clair de la Lune” was discovered earlier this month in an archive in Paris by a group of American audio historians. It was made, the researchers say, on April 9, 1860, on a phonautograph, a machine designed to record sounds visually, not to play them back.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Frenchies rule, as usual...

You can listen to the record on the additional link provided below.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Great Find...

So what is all this talk about Thomas Edison being the father of recorded sound? Seems American History is omitting a thing or two.....

I listened to it and you can't really hear anything distinct, but it is unmistakenly the sound of a human voice....very cool....

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply - and for the "a" !

It should be noted that american historians made this very discovery...
About Edison, he had many issues about patents, if I'm not wrong - I've read he actually stole many of "his ideas" to a young employe he had - a certain Nikola Tesla...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Whilst this is very cool, what does it have to do with news of a conspiratorial nature?

Unless the recording was her being bugged, then I don't understand why it's in BAN.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Its a conspiracy!

It just sounds like an insect buzzing around, nothing like a frenchwoman singing.

Conspiracy, I tells ya. And nibiru and reptilians simply must be involved.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think there a loose connection to a conspiracy here....We Americans are told many things about how our people were the instigators for the Industrial Revolution. There are many indications to sugest otherwise....this being one of them....

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Please note that "alternative" news neednt always mean "conspiracy and outrage". It can also mean underreported or unusual news.

An example of non-conspiracy alternative news.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
BBC Radio Four newsreader Charlotte Green caused a very English sensation this morning when she had a major fit of the giggles whilst reporting this story. It is kinda funny.

BBC Radio News

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
BBC Radio Four newsreader Charlotte Green caused a very English sensation this morning when she had a major fit of the giggles whilst reporting this story. It is kinda funny.

BBC Radio News

That was hilarious - I suppose you have to understand the very proper R4 and it's listeners to appreciate the moment - and isn't it soo typical of them that they giggled as well rather than complaining.
Thanks for that

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
For the record, if I can say, here are the lyrics of this song known by alomst every french child, and that in my humble opinion is also sung by an infant on this day of April 9, 1860 - probably the daughter or the son of Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville,

a Parisian typesetter and tinkerer who went to his grave convinced that credit for his breakthroughs had been improperly bestowed on Edison

- according to the NYT (who waits the fourth paragraph to cite his name...).

So here we go :

Au clair de lune
Mon ami Pierrot
Prête-moi ta plume
Pour écrire un mot
Ma chandelle est morte
Je n'ai plus de feu
Ouvre-moi ta porte
Pour l'amour de Dieu.

What could be loosely translated as this :

Under the moonlight
My friend Pierrot
Lend me your dip pen
To write a word
My candle is dead
I have no fire
Open me your door
For God's sake.

As for the conspiracy, let's everyone also judge of it in all midrashic awareness...

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Rigel]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

That's amazing - thanks!
(And it's one of my favourite lullabies, on top of everything.
)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

I wish I could applaud that post - marvelous
and thanks

top topics

join