It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is too weird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am sitting at home in West Tennessee and it is currently 11:18 am. I was online reading a thread on ATS and my power flickered. My computer reset, the lights flickered, my fan shut off for a second, but the alarm clock and vcr never lost time. What's weird is that at the exact moment I was on my cell phone talking and I lost the call and my phone was off. I could not get it to turn back on. I finally removed the battery and put it back in and plugged it into the wall and then it worked. This got my attention and I checked my landline phones. All 3 cordless phones have dead batteries, whereas they worked fine an hour or so ago, but the one corded phone still works. Oddly enough I was discussing some of the conspiracies being discussed on ATS. It is not raining, it is cloudy, no thunder or lightening. I live outside of town in the country. Anyone ever heard of anything like this ever?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

hmmm...interesting. Not sure if it's happened to me, but...now that I think about it.. when our power does go out...it's when we're sleeping...from 'round midnight~ 5am......

If your wireless phone batteries are dead, sounds like you received a spike in your phone line only(?) or something pull the juice out of them. Interesting....

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
edited for the safety of my family and I.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Mr. Ree]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You are the victim of a short duration time lapse. Your VCR and clock were re-set by a device so it looked as if no time went by, when in actuality, 13 minutes did go by. Your phones battery cells were drained as an (intended) consequence of the time lapse phenomenon, which disallows the victim from making a hasty phone call after the agents are finished - but is applied as a red-herring to lead one to believe that it is the result of a power outage. Your computer hard drive was imaged by something called a magnetic resonance reader (MRR), and you will be "contacted" by agents if they have found any questionable material (although you will never be aware of this contact beyond a gut feeling that something is

You are not supposed to have that information!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was being serious with this post. I'm not paranoid, just curious. Were the last two posts supposed to be serious?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
what are you trying to suggest here?
The government is on to you ?

lolaha

=]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
lolz

Maybe it was Satan...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Take it easy folks, the fellow's just asking a question.
I've had my computer spontaneously reset before, sometimes it's a virus, sometimes I accidently hit the button with my toe.
As for the phones loosing power, dunno.
Cell's can die pretty quickly.
Anything else battery powered affected?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It could be either one of two things, just a simple/random power outtage. Or I know in some cases from discussing things with friends, certain words said over phones trigger 'agents/people/whatever' to be able to listen in, I don't know if this is really certain but it seems feesable, say you said AREA 51 on the phone for example, agents could be able to listen in on what you are saying? Just throwing an opinion out there.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
That is a bit strange with the phones dying.

I've had this occur twice. Last time was this week. My TV turned itself on, my digital box shut off and was hard to get back on, my microwave had no time, so it must have gone off, but the clock on my stove didn't lose time, still showed, and in fact my stove shows 'PF' when there is a power failure and it didn't have this. Must have been a surge, so not so abnormal I guess. But also, when this must have happened my cell phone batteries went dead and I'd just charged it. I'd gone on a trip, and needed my phone on the road and couldn't use it, which caused us to get lost when we arrived at our destination, because the numbers I needed to call were on my phone and I needed to use the phone to make calls and get directions to who I was going to see. I had brought my car charger with me, so I thought no problem I'll use that, and the dam thing was suddenly broken, and it was brand new. It's when I returned home I discoverd the TV and microwave problems, and other things were on that I could have sworn I turned off.

The first time though was odd because every single electrical item in my house went out, pitch black darkness, no lights on, and it lasted a few minutes while I scrambled around looking for candles. But the microwave (different one) the time was still on, and it was the only thing left on. I can see if there's a flicker some things might stay on, but it lasted a few minutes. I had to reset everything, except the microwave.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"they" are in the electricity grid,thier ghosts are in the machine.power fluctuations of an undecernable nature have been noted for a long time by those in charge of the electric grid.

they somehow control things though the power network,using it to manipulate things via electricity and electromagnetism.

i always wondered about nicolai telsa,a genius beyond all comprehension,inventor of modern alternating current, who is pretty much responsible for the electric grid we know now.was the purpose of his work to create a system linked to every home and room in which they can control us without us even knowing it?

what isnt connected to electricity nowadays?.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A secret analysis of all industries showing a drop in that industies financial figures could trigger an intentional spiking of voltage to cause premature failure of powered appliances and devices, thus inducing consumption by consumers, intended specifically and covertly, to increase sales of new products and repair services, paid directly by unssuspecting consumers to stimulate that industies economy.

I remember a neighbor that decided to cut down a tree on his property, without a permit or experience. The tree fell on power lines causing high voltage lines to short, and every major appliance, as well as electric devices within two city blocks was fried.

Imagine what inducing smaller spikes of current could cause (damage-wise) to these items, with exception of phone batteries or such, would result in. Delayed failures, disassociating any evidence of liability as would be the case with a large, failure-immediate spike?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Last year, this type of thing used to happen pretty frequently. We had trees in our power lines. After we were outside one morning while it was raining and saw the lines sparking like fireworks, they cut down the trees and it stopped.

Then, last week, it happened again - twice in one day. My computer and the A/C shut off but the lights didn't go out and my alarm clock and the microwave didn't reset. I called the electrical co-op; they came out and discovered that something (probably a squirrel) had chewed the casings off of one of my ground lines and a tree limb was hitting it. They replaced the line and it hasn't happened since.

Another place we used to live, we had all sorts of weird problems with the electricity, sometimes outlets wouldn't work, sometimes the power went off in only half of the house. Eventually we figured out that one of the breakers in the breaker box had gone bad and had to be replaced.

I would suggest that you visually check your power lines for tree intrusion and check your breakers. Some devices are more sensitive to power fluctuations than others (computers are about the worst, I think), and it's probably something like that.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
How about HAARP ...how about solar flares ..how about too much on the grid ...
Could be any numbers of things ...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Speaking of something like this, makes me notice when I talk on the phone. I can have normal conversations and not here a thing in the background but if I'm on the phone for like 5 minutes. And I talk about conspiracy type stuff, I'll hear weird hums and clicks then maybe if I do have a normal conversation phone call after that it may proceed to the next call until stops in the middle of conversation. People I'm on the phone with notice it and others tell me the same thing. It happens on all phones in my house, no matter thr type. It persists even though we changed through 2 different phone service providers. It's weird, since, I have recently moved and still heard these beeps hums and clicks even bought new phones since then. Seems to always happen on cue too, like i can count on it to be there.

top topics

join